Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Celtic 1 Dundee Utd 1

Having got out of jail last Sunday Celtic handed back the 2 points today. Leading 1-0 until the last minute of injury time they failed to defend a free kick and DU grabbed an equaliser. Shades of last season. I read an article in Glasgow Evening Times on Friday where Majstovic was lauding his partnership with Rogne and the clean sheet last Sunday. I hate these statements as it is asking for trouble. In any of the live matches I am a nervous wreck whenever we concede a free kick or corner. Saturday afternoon KO so only saw the goals after midnight on Sky Sports. Will have to wait to see a few minutes highlights.

We are now 3 points behind Rangers who got out of jail at Kilmarnock who presented them with 2 mindless penalties. I just hope at the end of the season we do not look back on today with horror.

Celtic 1 Dundee Utd 1

Having got out of jail last Sunday Celtic handed back the 2 points today. Leading 1-0 until the last minute of injury time they failed to defend a free kick and DU grabbed an equaliser. Shades of last season. I read an article in Glasgow Evening Times on Friday where Majstovic was lauding his partnership with Rogne and the clean sheet last Sunday. I hate these statements as it is asking for trouble. In any of the live matches I am a nervous wreck whenever we concede a free kick or corner. Saturday afternoon KO so only saw the goals after midnight on Sky Sports. Will have to wait to see a few minutes highlights.

We are now 3 points behind Rangers who got out of jail at Kilmarnock who presented them with 2 mindless penalties. I just hope at the end of the season we do not look back on today with horror.

Celtic had several chances to put this to bed in the first half, hate to say this ,but all this smacks as last season. Last minute winner against st.mirren last week only papers over the cracks. Shaun Maloney takes the boy out for the free kick which united scored , when all he has to do is stay on his feet and let the boy run it out the park. Two weeks ago Maloney again gives the ball away and jerseys sold again.

Anyway , wheres CB? I know he goes quiet when the huns beat us. It has been a wee while tho!

I hope all is well with CB and family. It has been several weeks since his last appearance. If I recall correctly it was before the Dundee Utd game at Tannadice. A lot of water and manure since that game.

I was watching score updates on Saturday and praying for confirmation of 1-0 Celtic win. Maddening to concede so easily at the end especially when a mindless free kick was conceded. Why do so many experienced players act so stupidly? A well delivered free kick is always dangerous even more so against an iffy Celtic defence.

I will see the lowlights tonight and no doubt will be cursing the Bhoys again.

Celtic 2 Inverness Caley 2.

It's beginning to look as if our "heroes" are hellbent on handing another title to Rangers. A win for them today will leave us 5 points in arrears. I waited till I saw the goals before commenting on our latest game. Absolutely shocking defending again. A 2-0 lead seemed reasonably comfortable but then our central defenders instead of clearing arsed about in the area and Caley took advantage to reduce arrears. After that it was waiting for the inevitable which arrived with 7 minutes to go.

Defence seemed to be fast asleep.

Celtic love to invite trouble when they are ahead and we have got 4 points worth of it in last 2 games. :realangry:

It's beginning to look as if our "heroes" are hellbent on handing another title to Rangers. A win for them today will leave us 5 points in arrears. I waited till I saw the goals before commenting on our latest game. Absolutely shocking defending again. A 2-0 lead seemed reasonably comfortable but then our central defenders instead of clearing arsed about in the area and Caley took advantage to reduce arrears. After that it was waiting for the inevitable which arrived with 7 minutes to go.

Celtic love to invite trouble when they are ahead and we have got 4 points worth of it in last 2 games. :realangry:

After carbon copy defensive blunders of last week, what exactly is going on . Hate to say this, Lennon should keep his energies on sorting out or midfield and defense instead of pot shots at the refs. Weve had to put up with masonic refs for years. Our team plays in a protestant country, get over it Lennon. The only way to get it up them is a winning team. Finger out time.

After carbon copy defensive blunders of last week, what exactly is going on . Hate to say this, Lennon should keep his energies on sorting out or midfield and defense instead of pot shots at the refs. Weve had to put up with masonic refs for years. Our team plays in a protestant country, get over it Lennon. The only way to get it up them is a winning team. Finger out time.

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

More like Lennon out time,

post number 112 from this link,

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/spl/2010-2011/celtic-inverness-caledonian-thistle-381549.html?page=2&order=date#co

hail hail

watched in horror today as we threw­ another lead away, the way we started the second half a­ joke. what does lennon say to the team or does he sing­ to them lullabyes at half time as we came out half­ asleep. the defence poor, midfield a joke and the­ forwards just cant hold the ball for more than 5-6­ seconds. i think the problem is lennon , he hasnt a­ clue, he is like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a­ car, he may be a great celtic man but that does not­ make him a good manager, we are too big a clue to have­ our manager cut his teeth, he needs replacing now and­ let lennon go else were to learn his trade. we could be­ 8-10 points behind the gers by the next old firm game­ league over if we do not sore this out now. we need­ good coaching, how to pass , hold the ball , defend­ and play together as a team , we need movement on and­ off the ball from our midfielders , we need to learn to­ tackle , pass and move and hold a lead. at this time­ our midfield cant handle any team, a good coach can­ read us and adapt , thats why we have so many bad­ second halfs. lennon just can not read the game or see­ the big picture. alas. god bless all the celts. kevin­ from derry

• 3 weeks later...

Celtic news

Celtic warn standing fans

December 16, 2010

Email

Print

Celtic have warned the Green Brigade that Parkhead could be closed if they continue to stand during games.

The club urged all supporters to remain seated during matches claiming that the stadium's safety certificate was at risk. However, the warning is effectively aimed at the 'ultras' section of the Hoops support known as the Green Brigade who congregate in the Lisbon Lions stand and who provide most of the noise and colour at home games.

A spokesperson for the club told the club's official website: ''Clearly, the comfort and safety of spectators is our primary concern and it is essential that the issue of standing is addressed

''Celtic Park is designed specifically as an all-seater stadium and the Safety Certificate for operating has been approved and issued on this basis. Persistent standing is a real safety risk and could ultimately result in the Safety Certificate, which is required to open the stadium, being revoked.

''It is vital that this matter is taken very seriously and that supporters, for their own safety and the safety of others, sit down during matches.''

A spokesperson for Strathclyde Police said: ''The issue of standing during matches is one which must be taken very seriously. There have been a number of examples of this in recent weeks at Celtic Park and this cannot be allowed to continue.

''For their own safety and the safety of others, all supporters should sit down during matches. The Stadium Safety Team are rightly taking a very close interest in this matter.

''Celtic FC, Strathclyde Police and the Safety Team do not wish in any way to prevent supporters from enjoying football matches, however, the safety of those attending must be paramount at all times.''

Celtic officially sanctioned the Green Brigade's presence at Parkhead by allocating them a section of the stadium. However, there has been tension between the club and its hardcore fans since an anti-poppy banner was displayed by the Green Brigade during half-time of the 9-0 win over Aberdeen in November.

Celtic later said in a statement: ''The actions of this small minority have no place at Celtic Park. We are currently investigating the matter and, clearly, we apologise for any offence caused.''

Celtic 1 Kilmarnock 1.

After a 3 week break Celtic resumed the campaign to hand the title to Rangers. This time they fell behind early in the 2nd half after having most of the play and only saved a point with 6 minutes to go. So in 3 successive home games 6 points have been lost. No trace of Paradise here more like Purgatory.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/9306832.stm

Celtic 1 Kilmarnock 1.

After a 3 week break Celtic resumed the campaign to hand the title to Rangers. This time they fell behind early in the 2nd half after having most of the play and only saved a point with 6 minutes to go. So in 3 successive home games 6 points have been lost. No trace of Paradise here more like Purgatory.

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9306832.stm

yep salty, seems the spl in general has never been so bad, paltry crowds, 2bob signings, etc zero chance in europe,

for the little that i have an interest, nowadays ,

what to do? as it seems to be realy stagnant

Celtic 1 Kilmarnock 1.

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9306832.stm

yep salty, seems the spl in general has never been so bad, paltry crowds, 2bob signings, etc zero chance in europe,

for the little that i have an interest, nowadays ,

what to do? as it seems to be realy stagnant

I'd show a lot more interest if the clubs invested properly in their youth teams and brought through quality Scottish players. Preventing the Glasgow clubs nicking the best.....better coaching at youth level.....really a shake up at the highest level.

Aye the SFA....and we all know what that stands for......robbing b*stards!

fair point smokes , however, even if the youth were promising naturally gifted players,

being coached by a bunch of inbred dinosuars aint much help, sadly

You're bang on. Coaches need to be trained better starting in schools from the age of 6 or 7 right the way through.

This of course would require funding from the SFA and clubs over a long period with little initial return......noses in troughs gentlemen its time for another SFA dinner......

Shoot them all and start again. Makes me wonder where FIFA got their management structure ideas from.....:angry:

fair point smokes , however, even if the youth were promising naturally gifted players,

being coached by a bunch of inbred dinosuars aint much help, sadly

You're bang on. Coaches need to be trained better starting in schools from the age of 6 or 7 right the way through.

This of course would require funding from the SFA and clubs over a long period with little initial return......noses in troughs gentlemen its time for another SFA dinner......

Shoot them all and start again. Makes me wonder where FIFA got their management structure ideas from.....:angry:

firebombing the headquarters of the DAILY RECORD , would be helpful start

firebombing the headquarters of the DAILY RECORD , would be helpful start

A big part of the problem......a complicit press.....bigoted and biased in every regard.....simply corrupt.

Even the commentators......there's one thing telling everyone what a great game it is.....don't these mugs realise Sky TV arrived in Scotland a long time past?

A bunch of yes men all the way.

My goodness guys you are all very cynical today. :rolleyes:

What's your opinion on this salty?

I guess you watch much moe SPL than me these days....I just hate the way the heirarchy have buried their collective head in he sand when there have always been a steady stream of youngsters looking to follow in the footsteps but not given the opportunity....I simply don't believe the potential isn't out there.

Not cynical mate....just hopeful of a change in attitude......so aye well on the way to cynicism I suppose....:(

smokie,

Being Irish I tend to look at the SPL purely through a Celtic perspective. There is no doubt that administrative level in Scotland there is a lack of imagination. I often feel no matter what's done they are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Youngster's lfestyle and small population means there is a meagre suppy of potential.

In Ireland football is not the National Sport. Many possible prospects are lost to Gaelic Football. Like Scotland a small population. The money in the Greed is good sorry Premier League and at the summit of other European Leagues has destoyed any hope of a level playing field. Even Serie A now seems to be losing its lustre. So its hard to see the Old Firm making any impact in Europe from now on. Rangers have been decent in the CL but Celtic in Europe have beem abysmal.

From someone who is already cynical cherish those negative sentiments. :whistling:

smokie,

Being Irish I tend to look at the SPL purely through a Celtic perspective. There is no doubt that administrative level in Scotland there is a lack of imagination. I often feel no matter what's done they are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Youngster's lfestyle and small population means there is a meagre suppy of potential.

In Ireland football is not the National Sport. Many possible prospects are lost to Gaelic Football. Like Scotland a small population. The money in the Greed is good sorry Premier League and at the summit of other European Leagues has destoyed any hope of a level playing field. Even Serie A now seems to be losing its lustre. So its hard to see the Old Firm making any impact in Europe from now on. Rangers have been decent in the CL but Celtic in Europe have beem abysmal.

From someone who is already cynical cherish those negative sentiments. :whistling:

Football is our national sport. This wasn't an issue 30 years ago when we had players of quality in teams across the UK. The Dutch still punch above their respective population. Nope its all down to coaching and from a young age. A disgrace to the SFA and senior clubs for failing to even produce this talent.

When you mention the bigger leagues then yes the clubs will struggle to hang on to top players mind that's only when they have produced any...I see none in at least a generation.

Unforgiveable incompetence from the management of the SFA. Welcome to Qatar...they'll probably have a better side than us by 2022 at the current rate of decline.

Celtic 2 St Johnstone O

Celtic just about managed to avoid dropping more points today with 2 injury time goals against St Johstone. Both scored by South Koreans who leave for the Asian Cup tomorrow. It looks like it was another uninspired display by our heroes but mercifully saved us from falling further behind Rangers who were strolling to 3 points at Motherwell.

Latest gossip has us interested in looking at 34 year old Freddie Llunberg. I would suggest that the only similarity to the great Henrik is that they both are Swedish. I would love to be wrong but I cannot see the side being magically transformed with this proposed acquisition.

Celtic have had a run of underwhelming performances and it is difficult to avoid the conclusion that they are more than capable of dropping more points at regular intervals. At this moment the prospects for next weeks Old Firm game look ominous. :unsure:

Celtic 2 St Johnstone O

Celtic just about managed to avoid dropping more points today with 2 injury time goals against St Johstone. Both scored by South Koreans who leave for the Asian Cup tomorrow. It looks like it was another uninspired display by our heroes but mercifully saved us from falling further behind Rangers who were strolling to 3 points at Motherwell.

Latest gossip has us interested in looking at 34 year old Freddie Llunberg. I would suggest that the only similarity to the great Henrik is that they both are Swedish. I would love to be wrong but I cannot see the side being magically transformed with this proposed acquisition.

Celtic have had a run of underwhelming performances and it is difficult to avoid the conclusion that they are more than capable of dropping more points at regular intervals. At this moment the prospects for next weeks Old Firm game look ominous. :unsure:

salty , youre latest gossip reminds me of my childhood, watching cartoon cavalcade, lungberg i thought retired after an abysmall effort at west ham

smokie,

hibs can somtimes be a refreshing alternative, :) erin go bragh

smokie,

hibs can somtimes be a refreshing alternative, :) erin go bragh

Refreshing aye mor like bloody hell freezes over lately.....not to mention the weather. ;)

More opinions on Freddie Ljungberg as per today's BBC Gossip column:

Former Celtic striker Henrik Larsson says the club cannot afford to miss out on the chance to sign his fellow Swede, Freddie Ljungberg, who is on trial in Glasgow. (Various)

Freddie Ljungberg would not be good for Celtic as he is now more suited to being an underwear model than playing football in the twilight of his career, according to the club's former striker, John Hartson. (the Sun)

Confusing? Well at least Celtic might start playing some sexy football :whistling:

More opinions on Freddie Ljungberg as per today's BBC Gossip column:

Former Celtic striker Henrik Larsson says the club cannot afford to miss out on the chance to sign his fellow Swede, Freddie Ljungberg, who is on trial in Glasgow. (Various)

Freddie Ljungberg would not be good for Celtic as he is now more suited to being an underwear model than playing football in the twilight of his career, according to the club's former striker, John Hartson. (the Sun)

Confusing? Well at least Celtic might start playing some sexy football :whistling:

salty , just because youre "team" signs a bawbag , does not mean you are obliged to agree, with said signing of said bawbag,

after that statement , wil he still be a laod ayepants???? brief reply only