Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Wear your 'Malmo' top today, Salty Old Son . . . :lol: .

CB,

Stumbled on the game on internet in 2nd half. Rangers badly let down by 2 sending off. As I suspected they got themselves back into it and would have gone through with a 2nd goal. If they had they would have been facing a more difficult task in all probability. It looks as if neither of us are likely to appear in the CL again unless very fortunate with draw.

I saw the goals against Inter in Dublin Super Cup. Zaluska was dreadful for the 2nd goal. Hopefully we can get Forster back again. He would seem to be 3rd choice at Newcastle.

Celtic have drawn Sion FC of Swizerland in the Europa Qualifying round. It would not seem to be a huge obstacle, but we said the same last year against the Dutch and even with a 2-0 advantage after the 1st leg we managed to cock it up. Hearts got the nightmare draw against Spurs.

CB, Have you got a link to the site you watch the Celtic games on?. The downside of being here in Thailand is I miss the live TV games I could see at home.

Aberdeen 0 Celtic 1.

A win at Pittodrie puts us top of the League for now. Goal by Stokes on 74 minutes after good play with Kris Commons. Managed to get the game on the internet on a poor stream which was stop/go. But much preferable to following updates especially as it looked for a long time as if we could have dropped a couple of points.

It did not appear to be a vintage display by Celtic and the Izaguirre injury must be a big worry with a long lay off in prospect.

Celtic have drawn Sion FC of Swizerland in the Europa Qualifying round. It would not seem to be a huge obstacle, but we said the same last year against the Dutch and even with a 2-0 advantage after the 1st leg we managed to cock it up. Hearts got the nightmare draw against Spurs.

CB, Have you got a link to the site you watch the Celtic games on?. The downside of being here in Thailand is I miss the live TV games I could see at home.

Here it is Salty old son:

www.myp2p.eu

I watched the game last night with commentary

from Scotland on 'Kiwisports.' Go figure!

Edited by CelticBhoy

Here it is Salty old son:

www.myp2p.eu

I watched the game last night with commentary

from Scotland on 'Kiwisports.' Go figure!

It's quite easy to follow, Salty.

But if you get stuck then let me

know and I'll send a manual!

Celtic 5 Dundee Utd 1.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Celtic-5--1-Dundee.6818315.jp?articlepage=3

A good win yesterday but goalie and defence not very reassuring. Off hand I can think of at least 4 games and probably a good few others where this sort of uncertainty could cost us.

CB, TU for link. There seemed to be far fewer options for the game than the Rangers match which was live on Sky. Celtic game not covered on UK had a French commentary. More importantly reception was very poor and disappeared in 2nd half. Once they went 3-1 up no cause for alarm. It would seem that the Saturday 3pm games will be difficult to watch but Sky and ESPN possibly live matches will have very good reception.

If you have any further expertise in this area I am sure you will keep me informed. (Smarm, Smarm.) :rolleyes:

Interesting wee story in today's Daily Record:

BEATING the keeper from 12-yards should be a simple art - but penalty king Ray Stewart reckons Celtic are making life difficult for themselves by continually changing the taker.

Neil Lennon's men have missed six of their last nine spot-kicks with four different players crumbling under the pressure.

Georgios Samaras, Gary Hooper and Anthony Stokes have all fluffed their lines while Kris Commons became the latest sinner on Sunday as Celtic crashed to a 1-0 home defeat to St Johnstone.

Former Scotland international and West Ham legend Stewart scored 86 times from the spot during an impressive Upton Park career and was widely regarded as the best penalty taker of his generation.

Celtic shipped crucial points last term, most notably when Allan McGregor saved from Samaras at Ibrox in the final Old Firm game of the season, and Stewart insists their title challenge will continue to be undermined while there is no designated spot-kick expert.

Ye stank the place out again lads - went for the cheap option in Lennon but when you pay peanuts ye get monkeys.

On a cheerier note Shamrock Rovers won 1-2 tonight - first Irish team to make the group stages ......

Well done to the other hoops !!!!!

High flying Hoops to learn Europa fate

Friday, 26 August 2011 07:59 Shamrock Rovers' boss Michael O'Neill hailed his players after their historic night in Europe as the Airtricity League champions became the first Irish club to reach the groups stages of a European competition after a dramatic win over FK Partizan in Belgrade.

Rovers came from behind in both legs, drawing 1-1 in the first game in Tallaght Stadium thanks to a winder goal by Gary McCabe.

They again fell behind in the raucous atmosphere of the Partizan Stadion last night, but stormed back into the game. Right-back Pat Sullivan levelled the game on the night with a sublime 30-yard volley. Substitute Stephen O'Donnell then scored a gutsy penalty in extra-time to see Rovers through

All eyes will now be on Monaco this lunchtime for the UEFA draw to see which three teams Rovers will now play in the Europa League group stage.

Rovers are guaranteed €1 million for reaching this stage, plus their three home gates.

On top of that, UEFA's prize money is €140,000 for a win and €70,000 for a draw.

Club chairman Jonathan Roche is confident of having all three home games at Tallaght Stadium, though moving a match to the Aviva Stadium is an option depending on who the opposition might be.

The team arrive home from Belgrade via Frankfurt shortly after 10 pm this evening when a large welcoming committee is expected at Dublin airport.

"It's hard to put into words," said a delighted O'Neill immediately afterward the game.

"The performance was fantastic, it's unbelievable. The courage they showed to play. We tried to contain them in the first half and we did that. We looked a wee bit nervy and created some of our own problems, but once we settled into the game, I thought we did okay.

"We knew we had to score after they did, so it didn't change it so much. Then the goal from Sully was out of this world. The two fullbacks were unbelievable."

With most of his squad out of contract at the end of the domestic season at the start of November, O'Neill has a nice headache to surmount.

"We're dreaming. To get to this stage, and now how we deal with it will be the interesting thing," he said. "We only have less than a week to sign players (for UEFA eligibility) and we will need them as it's going to be a long, long season.

"It has been a fantastic adventure, the 10 games over the last two years have been fantastic and they (the players) deserve to be on this stage as they never looked out of place."

Roche added: "It's enormous. It's a new universe for us. For us, and for Irish football.

"Hopefully, now everyone will take Irish football - not just us - seriously. It's a serious league with serious players.

"Celtic and Rangers went out (last night), yet Shamrock Rovers are still in representing Irish football.

"It's a massive night for the club, for Irish football and hopefully we can kick on from this. It makes everything worthwhile. Not just for us, but for all the other clubs as well

Open season on Lenny.

A FOOTBALL fan has been cleared of assaulting Celtic manager Neil Lennon during a match last season after a jury found the charge not proven.

John Wilson, 26, was accused of a sectarian attack on Mr Lennon as his side played Hearts in a crucial SPL game at Tynecastle stadium in Edinburgh.

A jury at Edinburgh Sheriff Court said the charge against Wilson, from the city, was not proven.

But Wilson, a Hearts fan, was convicted of a breach of the peace on May 11 last year.

The court previously heard claims, denied by Wilson, that he had called Mr Lennon a "fenian b******".

However, Wilson was cleared of making a sectarian remark during the incident after jurors deleted the allegation from the breach of the peace charge.

The jury of eight men and seven women took two-and-a-half hours to return their verdicts after a three-day trial.

The decision came despite Wilson telling the court today that he had lunged at Mr Lennon and struck him on the head during the incident.

Oh dear,

Here we go again with showing you all how pish Scottish football is. This really isn't a good thing for the Scottish game.

The other teams in the mini league will slaughter Celtic and you know it all Celtic fans out there. Better if you had just bowed out quietly and tried to get you house in order before pretending to be a big Bhoy.

Also will be nice to see Craig Levein go on holiday for life after this week's International. Anyone who is in football management that plays 1- 10- 0 tactics should be shot. That Czech game away was a disgrace and I was so embarassed to be Scottish that evening. So bye bye Mr Levein and bye bye very soon Mr Lennon

Macanello

Oh dear,

Here we go again with showing you all how pish Scottish football is. This really isn't a good thing for the Scottish game.

The other teams in the mini league will slaughter Celtic and you know it all Celtic fans out there. Better if you had just bowed out quietly and tried to get you house in order before pretending to be a big Bhoy.

Also will be nice to see Craig Levein go on holiday for life after this week's International. Anyone who is in football management that plays 1- 10- 0 tactics should be shot. That Czech game away was a disgrace and I was so embarassed to be Scottish that evening. So bye bye Mr Levein and bye bye very soon Mr Lennon

Macanello

Obviously you weren't impressed with that result then mate?

Oh dear,

Macanello

Oops.

Edited by smokie36

Right, Salty Old Son, your silence is deafening.

I'm not putting up with it any more.

Start typing!

Hi CB,

I am still over her. 4 days before I was due to return I picked up a f/ing infection in my leg. I have been in hospital since with no access to internet.Released today but facing at least 2 weeks of out patient visits. Absolutely horrendous experiernce. Fortuneately my brother has come out and without him I would habe been f....ed. I have been followinf our "exploits" in the Europa League. That clown Mastorovic mananaged to finish us off in the first minute and then our home league defeat by St Johnstone followed. Will be hoping for some good new on Sunday.

It would be nice if they decided to turn up against Athletico Madrid and not give away the usual head start to the opposition.

Astonished and delighted by the exploits of Shamrock Rovers in the Europa League.

We were whipped 2-0 and it could have been more.

Samaras. Why oh why does Lenny go for him?

Anyway, a few bob made in Europe and a short hop

across town on Sunday to Ipox. (Just as well 'they'

are playing at home as I don't think they'd have the

bus money to get to Paradise!).

Hopefully Lenny might get them together and explain that it is allowed in the rules to the game to begin the game in an alert state of mind,and no law that says you have to sleep for the first 10 minutes. :realangry:

To be fair salty it could have been a cricket score in the first half. They are just a much better team imo.

Look forward to Sunday with confidence. wink.gif

Hopefully Lenny might get them together and explain that it is allowed in the rules to the game to begin the game in an alert state of mind,and no law that says you have to sleep for the first 10 minutes. :realangry:

It will be fine Sunday if Samaras is taken out of the equation.

Are you watching it on the tinternet, Salty ol' son?