Gmail Pop Access

Highwayman

There have been a few questions regarding using Gmail with Outlook Express and other e-mail clients recently.

Good news. :o:D:D

It is now becoming possible as Google are rolling out POP access. Once it's available to you, a Forwarding and POP tab appears on your Settings page. You must have this tab in your Gmail account before you can configure POP in your mail client. For more details check here:

http://gmail.google.com/support/

There have been a few questions regarding using Gmail with Outlook Express and other e-mail clients recently.

Good news.  :D  :D  :D

It is now becoming possible as Google are rolling out POP access. Once it's available to you, a Forwarding and POP tab appears on your Settings page. You must have this tab in your Gmail account before you can configure POP in your mail client. For more details check here:

http://gmail.google.com/support/

Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I've only got a 'Forwarding' tab (not a 'Forwarding and Pop' tab) and so have been unable to get GMail to work with Outlook Express. Any idea if I can do something to get this functionality? :D Otherwise, just have to wait ... :o

Me too! Now to get it all set-up with Outlook Express and get ready to dump Hotmail if MS carry out their threat....

Edit: Just configured OE and picked up all my GMail straight into my OE GMail folder! Excellent. :D

This post has been edited by RDN: 2004-11-17 06:17:48

:o:D:D And the b*ggers at Hotmail put my GMail messages in the Junk folder! I bet they love doing that - I wonder how many GMail users have given up, thinking it doesn't work.

Edited by RDN

• 1 month later...