What To Do In Chiang Mai After Midnight

engineer

Besides the bars, what is there to do in Chiang Mai between say 11pm and 5am ?

I am a night person and love the quiet streets to roam around.

Are there any interesting places to visit that only the locals know about and a few wiley Thai Visa members ?

I know there is a fruit market near the US Consulate that opens, is there anything else unique to Chiang Mai that is worth a visit. There are a few restaurants that open at 11PM, I have found one just off Loh Kroh road that serves great pork.

All night restaurants.

Wats that stay open.

Things that are really worth seeing and staying up for.

Come on, share some of your secrets

The only thing I know of is that the big local market, Muang Mai, opens up around 2 -3 am.

I assume Temples open around 5 - 6 am.

Many people sport during the early morning hours. Some start jogging as early as 4 am. And there are places where they practice Thai Chi (Tha Pae Gate, Suan Bhuak Had?), starting at 6 am if i'm not mistaken.

Further, I've got no clue as normally I enjoy to sleep during the time you mention.

How about a good ole' punch up Jack :o

Is that an invitation, TP? :D

I'd pay good money to see that bout. We'll have it in the soi behind the Loi Kroh "pork" place.

Say around 4:30 AM Saturday?

Odds currently running 5/4 jackr.... :D

On thread, yeah, just a walk about the moat in the late (after 2 AM, before dawn) can be interesting. Great people watching, and more than a few late night food vendors who cater to this time frame.

I have found one just off Loh Kroh road that serves great pork.

I bet you have :o

I was asking for that one, I was too busy composing the text to let my mind fall into the gutter.

Seriously, there is a great place in that area that opens at 11 that serves dead pig, chicken and a variety of sauces. Its run kinda like the soup nazis kitchen, the staff are rude and you have to follow the routene.

Than Neinke, always a sensible reply from you.

Anyone else got any ideas, I have to take my jet lagged friends out when they arrive and besides Spicey I am stuck for cultural options.

and besides Spicey I am stuck for cultural options.

I thought Spicey's was a cultural option. :o

Actually when I first came here, finding a place to spend all night was pretty easy. Walked out the doors many times when the sun was just rising and see the monks taking alms, the city just coming to life. The air is just different at that time of day.