Phuket Amazing Fast Internet Connection

scalper

I was at the sandwich shoppe at laguna main entrance in phuket this morning

They have 2 pc and a wifi free access and advertise as having the fastest phuket internet connection.

I tried a couple of ping and get 50ms for google.com which is pretty impressive as i only get 250ms at home with evdo card.

any idea who is theire provider ??

other think since 2 months with my 2 laptops with 2 aircard and 2 differents contracts i have a lot of cut and a lot of time with dormant appearing in the aircard window, When it appears the evdo symbol becomes a zzz symbols like if it was sleeping and internet not working of course.

Any idea? as tot in phuket town has never heard about that and told me they are going to call bangkok for that

Might be any proper ADSL line.

Local ping times of 50 msec are perfectly normal on ADSL, as are the 250 msec you get on EV-DO. Latency is always a problem with mobile internet.

TT&T Maxnet goes up to 6 Mbps (5200 Baht/month +vat) while CAT's fastest offering is also 6 Mbps, slightly more expensive at 5,800 Baht +vat

Forget about TOT for proper internet, they are completely bogged down on international bandwidth at the moment.

i know 50ms is normal but i am not used to get that in thailand.

was a cat hi net connection i get the answer.

I am not lucky as in my new house i have 2 ground line and both are TOT

Looks like i will keep my 2 evdo connections

• 2 weeks later...
Might be any proper ADSL line.

Local ping times of 50 msec are perfectly normal on ADSL, as are the 250 msec you get on EV-DO. Latency is always a problem with mobile internet.

TT&T Maxnet goes up to 6 Mbps (5200 Baht/month +vat) while CAT's fastest offering is also 6 Mbps, slightly more expensive at 5,800 Baht +vat

Forget about TOT for proper internet, they are completely bogged down on international bandwidth at the moment.

I get a steady reading of just under 5 Mbps with true for 2200* baht per month in Bangkok, so those prices sound pretty expensive. *You must also have a true sim card.

Edited by hamishgillan