Retirement Extension Renewal

Ok, here is a question I have not seen before and I read this site almost daily.

I am American on a retirement extension. I will be making my 3rd extension later this month. Never had any problems before and I always try to have my "ducks" lined up and the paperwork as close to what they need as possible.

I use the "pension" letter method of showing the required funds.

Back in March this year on one of the US Embassy trips to Pattaya I got my notarized pension letter even though I was not due for renewal until late August. Easier than a trip to BKK especially now that I live in Banchang.

So here we are today and I am preparing some of my paperwork and I look at the pension letter and my departure card from the last entry 2 years ago and I notice that these documents show my now canceled passport number on them. I applied for and got a new passport as I was within six months of expiration. All the necessary stamps are moved into new passport and info was annotated by Pattaya Immigration.

So the question here today is? Will the pension letter be an issue with the old passport number? And/or the departure card?

My guess is nothing to worry about as when I go to renew they will look to my canceled passport for the original Visa anyway.

Do one of the long time experts have any comments? Or anyone that has had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance

:o

So the question here today is? Will the pension letter be an issue with the old passport number? And/or the departure card?

My guess is nothing to worry about as when I go to renew they will look to my canceled passport for the original Visa anyway.

Do one of the long time experts have any comments? Or anyone that has had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance

:o

My concern would be the early issue of pension letter. I don't think they like documents that do not have recent issue dates.

On departure card just get some white out and delete. I for one never complete any part of departure card until ready to clear immigration prior to flight out and have never had problem with renewal of visa when blank.

I don't think I would trust what anyone tells you here about their past experience, a different time, a different office, a different officer.

If I were you, I would go to the immigration for a prelim meeting and ask your questions. Then, you will know whether you will have to get a new pension letter, or not. Also, I would never white out a departure card myself. That might be seen as a serious desecration of an official document, don't go there!

Edited by Jingthing

A little added info regarding the pension letter; Last month when I was at the 90 day address reporting I took the pension letter and asked if this letter dated in March would be accepted in August at renewal time. I only asked about the date and never gave the passport number a thought.

The officer asked another supervisor and she looked at the letter for a few seconds and handed back to her with the answer of it is OK to use for the renewal.

So that was an answer about a month ago about a dated letter.

I will go for renewal about 2 weeks early so if any issues with the letter comes up I have time to make a quick trip to BKK and the US embassy for a new one