Can We Set Up A Thai Visa Bkk Meet Up?

girlx

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT why doesn't everyone give some ideas for venues and maybe we can make a poll.

so far there is: Gulliver's (Suk), Gazebo (Khao San), the Londoner, Bourbon St., a couple Thai style places.... where else? central? and dates?

There is no smoking anywhere - thank God. Wake up.

The smoker pariahs are out on the sidewalk where they belong. Outcasts. Lepers.

Obviously an ex-smoker, non-smokers from birth are usually not that passioante. :o

Thanks for the softball. This is just toooooo easy.

Those who haven't stopped are weak.

Actually for the weak Gullivers has the best set up for smoking.

But of course the vocal minority nixed that idea.

Actually, you can still smoke in Wong's.

What a great place, closes very late and smoker-friendly!

Actually for the weak Gullivers has the best set up for smoking.

But of course the vocal minority nixed that idea.

Actually, you can still smoke in Wong's.

What a great place, closes very late and smoker-friendly!

Not back to BKK UNTIL 30th September :o but I would be interested to meet up with other members.

BT :D

Ahhh Wongs place, now that brings back some memories. Wong was a lovely bloke that ranone of the most laid back bars in Thailand with one of the best collections of music videos anywhere, unfortunately he was taken from us several years ago by the Big C at an early age. I believe his brother runs the place now? In the mid-late 90's there were no staff just Wong downstairs and an unseen cook upstairs, you helped yourself to beers from the fridge and when it was time to leave Wong would tally up the empties to arrive at the bill, made for some interesting nights when he got on the piss with all of us from the Aussie Embassy. After having said all that, if more than 15 people roll up it will be crowded!!

There is a new Ice bar opening next to HSBC bank near the Dusit Thani, opposite Lumpini, I believe it will open on Fri 22, live band, flavoured vodka shots anybody. It's being opened by the same guy that has ice bars in Pattaya and Phuket.

As for the get together in Bangkok, I have started several threads on TV asking about a TV get together along the same lines as they had recently in Phuket, where there is tucker thrown on and some free grog, usually involving the sponsors with a notebook at the front door requiring login to verify membership, none of the threads ever elicited a response from the Mods so one can guess from that, that they are not inclined to arrange one in Bangkok.

Give me a time and a date and I will be there for sure! I am loath to suggest anywhere and as I live out in Bang Na will have to travel wherever it is. I will monitor this thread for a definitive time and venue.

Cheers all and look forward to meeting some of you face to face.

Ahhh Wongs place, now that brings back some memories. Wong was a lovely bloke that ranone of the most laid back bars in Thailand with one of the best collections of music videos anywhere, unfortunately he was taken from us several years ago by the Big C at an early age. I believe his brother runs the place now? In the mid-late 90's there were no staff just Wong downstairs and an unseen cook upstairs, you helped yourself to beers from the fridge and when it was time to leave Wong would tally up the empties to arrive at the bill, made for some interesting nights when he got on the piss with all of us from the Aussie Embassy. After having said all that, if more than 15 people roll up it will be crowded!!

Indeed, it is quite the same now. There are tons of videos. You still serve yourself from the icebox. It is a good place! His brother does run the place. His English is excellent, and he can hold a really good conversation. He can bang on the drums pretty well too!!!

What is going on here!!! U guys are look like you are choosing your favorite M&Ms colors, there all the bloody same.

This is how its going to go down.. as people want to meet up this week or the next .. itwill happen. And then again a nether meet up with in a month later. So 2 meetups OK?

1st chose between either Gulliver’s or Wrongs and make sure the smokers don’t mix with non smokers cuz it will suck!! I smoke but I don’t like smoking in front of people who don’t. Fair is Fair.

Then when the crowed dies down we can take a vote on the spot to move on to the next venue as some start to pick up after 12 anyway.

Sound good? good! keep rolling..