Work Permit Cancelled Does My Visa Get Cancelled

I made a work permit back in february and was working for a company but recently lost my job.

My 1 year visa non-B is valid till november does my visa now get cancelled as my work permit has been handed back to the labour department and i am no longer in possesion of it?

Edited by asiaj

There were some threads a few days ago you may want to research. Basically, as I understand it, you have to leave after a (7 day extension) if you are on an Extension of stay" based on the Business visa. If you were coming and staying just on 90 days entries then you could stay until the visa is no longer usable.

There were some threads a few days ago you may want to research. Basically, as I understand it, you have to leave after a (7 day extension) if you are on an Extension of stay" based on the Business visa. If you were coming and staying just on 90 days entries then you could stay until the visa is no longer usable.

i am coming and going on a 90 day doing day trips to malaysia so this is ok in your understanding?

asiaj, your current permission to stay remains valid after you lost your job, and you can continue to use your multiple-entry non-B visa for entries into Thailand until the day before the “must be utilized before” date stamped on the visa.

--

Maestro

asiaj, your current permission to stay remains valid after you lost your job, and you can continue to use your multiple-entry non-B visa for entries into Thailand until the day before the "must be utilized before" date stamped on the visa.

--

Maestro

thanks for the info

asiaj, your current permission to stay remains valid after you lost your job, and you can continue to use your multiple-entry non-B visa for entries into Thailand until the day before the “must be utilized before” date stamped on the visa.

--

Maestro

Maestro, i have been checking previous threads still mentioning the 7-day-cancellation routine ...

can you confirm a change in policy regarding visa cancellation? as i understand by your statement (and also by what my employer's HR staff is saying) things may have gone back to the "old" regulations, where i can stay in Thailand until my non-b is up, regardless of any WP cancellation before that date

i will have my WP canceled on sept. 30 but like to stay in Thailand until april next year (my non-b extension is good until aug. 2009)

just want to make sure this is the new law, i appreciate if you could point me to any source/thread?

If you are on an extension of stay it ends with the end of employment. You then must apply for a 7 day extension to remain longer. They only change is now you have to obtain an pay for a 7 day extension of stay rather than being allowed 7 days to leave.

If you are on a 90 day visa entry loss of employment has no effect on that stay or your visa.

If you are on an extension of stay it ends with the end of employment. You then must apply for a 7 day extension to remain longer. They only change is now you have to obtain an pay for a 7 day extension of stay rather than being allowed 7 days to leave.

If you are on a 90 day visa entry loss of employment has no effect on that stay or your visa.

thanks - and sorry i have to ask another question to clarify:

by extension i take it you mean the one year extension i get every year based on my employment?

i have been working for the same employer for 5 years straight, on multiple years contracts. my non-b is from 2003 and i was since getting annual extensions at immigration (and just did again a couple of days ago).

so, this will be revoked the same day the WP is canceled and i will have to pay to be able to stay for another 7 days, right?