Samui To Laos-cheap Flights?

can anyone recommend the best way to get from samui to laos by air, and how much it is. i need to fly, as i want to stop in laos for about a week on my way out of samui this winter. Also, if anyone can recommend a beautiful place to spend a week in Laos, it would be appreciated. thanks.

can anyone recommend the best way to get from samui to laos by air, and how much it is. i need to fly, as i want to stop in laos for about a week on my way out of samui this winter. Also, if anyone can recommend a beautiful place to spend a week in Laos, it would be appreciated. thanks.

No direct flight from Samui to Laos. Take PG or TG from USM to BKK and then PG to Laos.

Fare can easily be calculated on Bangkok Airways website.

Hi

don't miss Vang Vieng if you like to stay on a river in a amazing landscape (limestone scenery like in Krabi, without beach). Small "touristy" village, nice drives to the country side, by bike or small motorbike, rice fields and nice people there. Just a cool place to spend some day's. They doing also river tubing etc. quit cool and again, beautiful scenery. If you like Indian food try the indian restaurant in the village. They call this street also Kaosan Road ;-) due to the many "international food serving restaurants". Still very easy going, sometimes lot's of traveler, coming from all over the country, to relax here. Caves to visit and a small "blue lagoon" too.

Luang Prapang (UNESCO "World Heritage") is also a nice town to stay, nice restaurants along the hudge Mekong. But I rather stay in VV then in LP for a week. LP you have seen after two day's, not so the "Vang Vieng Valley". Anyway Laos is very cool place to go ;-)

In Vang Vieng stay along the river somewhere. Great view in the morning when the clouds rising over the mountains and disapearing with the sun.

Even Vientiane is a cool place to stay, they doing a, lot to make it easy to stay there, building (repairing) all over walkways for the people, nice guesthouses and budget hotels, very good food and amazing baguettes everywhere. In Vientiane try "Blue Sky" for food.

here some pic's from Vang Vieng (5-6 hour busdrive from lovely Vientiane, through jungle and hills)

post-56008-1218599078_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1218598995_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1218598939_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1218599236_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1218599621_thumb.jpg