Moscow Airport Transfers.

NanLaew

I am on a Brit passport and have an option for Russian flights that would mean changing from DME (Domodedovo) for the domestic arrival to SVE (Sheremetyevo) for the international departure.

A websurf showed that ground transportation between airports is lacking and I have been told of 'unofficial tax collections' as well as hassles with Transit visas.

Anyone with fresh information out there?

This is not recent - 14 months ago, I had to make both those transfers. Huge mistake. No connection except by taxi, and I paid over 100 dollars to get from one to the other. Then a bunch more to get to and from an overnight hotel. Likewise, on the return trip, I paid a ransom to get to my new hotel, and made a deal with the taxi driver to take me to the other airport three days later for a smaller fortune. I wish I had avoided Russia altogether.

Both airports have a train connection (to different train stations), so if you have a lot of time, you can take this option: take train to the center, take subway/taxi to another train station, take train to the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
I am on a Brit passport and have an option for Russian flights that would mean changing from DME (Domodedovo) for the domestic arrival to SVE (Sheremetyevo) for the international departure.

A websurf showed that ground transportation between airports is lacking and I have been told of 'unofficial tax collections' as well as hassles with Transit visas.

Anyone with fresh information out there?

Which airline are you going on, I am on the Emirates International from

DME. I am in flying from Surgat Siberia internal to the same airport.

The both international and national, depends who your flying with.