Savings Account Linked To The Price Of Oil !

bank manager gave me a brochure that claimed 14% return,i kindly thanked him but did n't want to upset my blood pressure.I was amazed a bank would offer such an account.

Anyone interested?

14 % ???? sounds too good to be true......where is the catch ?

Min. amount ? Min. time ?

Edited by Samui Coconut

till 1997 Thai Banks have been competing in savings account interests!

12-15% was "normal" a small Thai Bank even offered 16.75%! This one went "under" after the crash!

Even in Australia in the mid Eighties one could enjoy up to 18% Interest with the Commonwealth Bank!

Thai Banks didn't give interest since the crash...not to foreigners anyway - farang - kii nok's :o

I got a brochure but all in thai(was n't really interested,not a gambler) inside the brochure it it shows a graph where if the price of oil is upwards of 130usd. a barrell,earnings forcast between 11% and 14%.Anything under 130usd a barrell................well just bad luck,try next time.I gues i was just amazed at a bank doing this kind of account.

I am not a gambler either - but enjoyed over 6 years a very nice interest rate - so did a few of my friends, if the deposit on a fixed account (3 months) was high enough one could easily live here o the interest alone!

ah well.. guess the y need money, liquidity...

I thought there is a Pub in Germany where they sell beer as on the stock exchange... I think it is even named "Beer Stock Exchange"

Edited by Samuian