The Disappointment Of Thai Visa Forum

jfk

Hey JFK, you sound like the sad and bitter one. Could you use a couple baht?

well done you. you never fail to disappoint.

another reply that is useless in its content and in no way helps this topic along.

i have enough money for now thankyou. but if i want to borrow money from an ar*ehole, i will be sure to email you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JFK - jockey the replies. You at least have shown how a topic can degenerate into the personal issues we all have and take every opportunity of airing at the least opportunity. Glad things are about to be resolved for you and you sound resilient enough to survive in Thailand.

JFK - jockey the replies. You at least have shown how a topic can degenerate into the personal issues we all have and take every opportunity of airing at the least opportunity. Glad things are about to be resolved for you and you sound resilient enough to survive in Thailand.

sorry for stooping to that level with my last comment. my point is- if you think the reply you are going to give will not help,then dont post it. if you are frustrated, post your own topic. some people,namely myself really appreciate the help you get on here and to have to read replies that just dont help really makes me angry.

surely the tone of the listing should let whomever know that real and useful advice is required.

good to see that there are real people out there who can make an educated response to any posting.

as for the others, find some other way to vent your frustrations.

best regards to most. :o

the post i put on earlier i now know concerns rates owed at a property that i rented. the landlord was responsible for this and so not my fault. because i have only 2 weeks left until i return to thailand, now is not the time to address this issue with the courts.

Lecture begins...

I get the impression that you are probably in your twenties, flame me at will,

In your post you mentioned that a custody warrant had been issued. This means there is a warrant for your arrest, I doubt whether it would have been issued lightly and without some cost, or indeed without some attempt to contact you. Now you have changed from owing rent to owing rates. Maybe you should find out exactly what the warrant has been issued for.

Normally people would leave a forwarding address so they can be contacted. You have not. You have also remained out of touch from your family, who have had this warrant sitting with then for several months. They would surely have tried to contact you over this.

You have also stated that you are very scared that the courts will debit your "life's savings" directly. I would hazard a guess and say that the amount concerned is for not more than a couple of thousand quid. If you cannot afford to lose this, then maybe you should consider whether Thailand is indeed the place for you.

Accept responsibility,

Sort out your problems before you leave. Or do you unreasonably expect your family to handle them for you?

...Lecture over.

Hmm, must have FAR too much time on my hands to write that. :o:D:D

Edited by 12DrinkMore

the post i put on earlier i now know concerns rates owed at a property that i rented. the landlord was responsible for this and so not my fault. because i have only 2 weeks left until i return to thailand, now is not the time to address this issue with the courts.

Lecture begins...

I get the impression that you are probably in your twenties, flame me at will,

In your post you mentioned that a custody warrant had been issued. This means there is a warrant for your arrest, I doubt whether it would have been issued lightly and without some cost, or indeed without some attempt to contact you. Now you have changed from owing rent to owing rates. Maybe you should find out exactly what the warrant has been issued for.

Normally people would leave a forwarding address so they can be contacted. You have not. You have also remained out of touch from your family, who have had this warrant sitting with then for several months. They would surely have tried to contact you over this.

You have also stated that you are very scared that the courts will debit your "life's savings" directly. I would hazard a guess and say that the amount concerned is for not more than a couple of thousand quid. If you cannot afford to lose this, then maybe you should consider whether Thailand is indeed the place for you.

Accept responsibility,

Sort out your problems before you leave. Or do you unreasonably expect your family to handle them for you?

...Lecture over.

Hmm, must have FAR too much time on my hands to write that. :o:D:D

hi,it is not a warrant for arrest. it is a custody warrant for assets to be assessed. over the past 7 years my family routinely returned all mail to sender as only junk mail or some other selling product,c/cards,insurance etc came for me. i havent lived at this address for many years. the court procedures here assume that because the letters and summons have been sent by first class post that i must have gotten them. the fact is, this is my last known address before i rented the property so they sent it here. i have taken legal advice and my solicitor assures me that they didnt even try to find me(they could have asked my dad) and assuming i was living at an address that i lived in over 10 years ago was wrong. he assures me we can contest it but not in the time frame left ie; 2 weeks.

his advice- go to thailand and get on with my life. the bottom line is that in the uk the courts and the government have a new policy. we cant get the rich man to pay up so lets try the smaller guy. seems to be working looking at conviction stats.

cant wait to get out of this dump and return to my real home-thailand.

take care.

In your post you mentioned that a custody warrant had been issued. This means there is a warrant for your arrest,

Hmm, must have FAR too much time on my hands to write that. :D:D:D

Hmmm! A little more time reading the post before writing may have clarified the custody warrant (OK - I had to Google, but at least did so before posting) :o

yeah i think the forum is stupid but thats why i love it lol :D:o:D:D

old dudes with nothin better to do whatever man who cares ya kno :D:D:(:P

I think we get your point.

Thank you so much for your time and effort in registering and giving us the benefit of your well thought out opinions.

Thai Visa is a democracy of sorts and in democracies people are allowed a voice. You may not agree with the voice but it has a right to be heard.

Not at all... the voice has a right to speak... only. Big difference.

Peace.

Hmmm! A little more time reading the post before writing may have clarified the custody warrant (OK - I had to Google, but at least did so before posting) :o

Irish legal expression, I suppose. I did google but must have missed the Irish definition of it.

Ahh, a thought springs into mind, maybe I should start a topic with a vote, "Would you be able to survive in Thailand without the Internet?". I guess that I would answer "yes", but life would be a lot different, or would it? That's another thought for tomorrow. Cheers.

well done you. you never fail to disappoint.

another reply that is useless in its content and in no way helps this topic along.

i have enough money for now thankyou. but if i want to borrow money from an ar*ehole, i will be sure to email you.

I'm not even sure what would help this topic along. I could never capture what the problems are that you find so disappointing as well as you have. However, you seem to have a hair up your ass, so, if I were you, I'd worry about your own ar*ehole. The lending you money is withdrawn.

:D hello,

i start to type now in the real knowledge that no matter what i try to convey now through this forum, it will be disparaged,critised and passed over.

i sit on a few occassions evry week and i read through the endless questions and worries of thai visa members looking for help and an understanding shoulder from his/her thai visa member. apart from the very few understanding and informative suggestions from senior members, all other replies are useless, cruel,judgemental and for the best part coming from people that couldnt care less about the members situation.

thai visa ,which was once the only place for expats to get some solid advice and understanding, is now sadly a forum for sad,bitter old farts to take out their frustrations (sexual or otherwise) on other people.

one recent post asked why expats did not acknowledge each other or say hello when in thailand. i suspect many of them read the various accounts and responses on this forum and come to the conclusion that most expats are assh*les.

everyone has done something stupid or irresponsible in their lives that they regret and they dont need some i,ve been there and fought 2 world wars dick judging them when all they asked for was some dam_n advice.

no doubt the same morons i speak about now will have their rant back at me when i submit this.

needless to say the reason why these fountains of knowledge are here in thailand in the first place is that the people in their home countries dont like them or their irrational opinions, they dont have any friends and the only reason any lady would be with them is because of the financial stability they may offer.

i will bet you that the people that give their judgemental opinions will not be able to resist posting a negative reply to this post.

go on- surprise us all and keep your useless opinion to yourself. bet ya cant.

shame on all of you(you know who you are). :D

:o ........ :D

Thai Visa is a democracy of sorts and in democracies people are allowed a voice. You may not agree with the voice but it has a right to be heard. My occupation and my religion have been attacked by anti semites and holocaust deniers but that is what happens in democracies.

I

So if somebody criticises your occupation they are a holocaust denier?

He must be a Nazi hunter. :o

Or a refugee bagel baker :D

:o hello,

i start to type now in the real knowledge that no matter what i try to convey now through this forum, it will be disparaged,critised and passed over.

i sit on a few occassions evry week and i read through the endless questions and worries of thai visa members looking for help and an understanding shoulder from his/her thai visa member. apart from the very few understanding and informative suggestions from senior members, all other replies are useless, cruel,judgemental and for the best part coming from people that couldnt care less about the members situation.

thai visa ,which was once the only place for expats to get some solid advice and understanding, is now sadly a forum for sad,bitter old farts to take out their frustrations (sexual or otherwise) on other people.

one recent post asked why expats did not acknowledge each other or say hello when in thailand. i suspect many of them read the various accounts and responses on this forum and come to the conclusion that most expats are assh*les.

everyone has done something stupid or irresponsible in their lives that they regret and they dont need some i,ve been there and fought 2 world wars dick judging them when all they asked for was some dam_n advice.

no doubt the same morons i speak about now will have their rant back at me when i submit this.

needless to say the reason why these fountains of knowledge are here in thailand in the first place is that the people in their home countries dont like them or their irrational opinions, they dont have any friends and the only reason any lady would be with them is because of the financial stability they may offer.

i will bet you that the people that give their judgemental opinions will not be able to resist posting a negative reply to this post.

With remarks like these, do you really expect to receive respectful replies?

Here are some facts:

Yes, resident Farangs here certainly could be more friendly to their peers.

Members do post on here looking for advice about financial, sexual and emotional problems, but most ThaiVisa members are not professional head Doctors or accountants qualified to answer these sort of questions, they do the best they can to help which may sound judgemental.

Take it, leave it or try an agony Aunt website.

You have to learn how to sift through the crap just like in real life. While internet forums can be a wealth of information they also serve to net in a greater supply of dickheads than you would usually run into on a daily basis.

Now if I may put my "judgemental opinions" hat for a moment. If you want people to read and consider your posts you should try to make them readable by using even basic punctuation and starting sentences with a capital. You are obviously an English speaker (Unlike a lot of posters who can be forgiven) and should know better. No need to be a literary scholar but even just basic punctuation is helpful and polite.

Remember for every poster who use the internet to bully and let their inner demons run free there is one who will bend over backwards to offer advice and support.

:D

EDIT: I made a spelling error in my rant about punctuation :D

Edited by chiliwasabi

I think 99.9% of all responses to my questions here in the Forums have been fairly polite and helpful actually.

See? At least one positive reply to your post.

Dont give up.

I agree in part,...so many people are just plain dumb, or just plain rude,

but everywhere is like that, no? although they,re is still alot of good stuff, its still very useful

I think the forum would improve if people posted like how they act/speak/conduct themselves in real life, something only a small group of people probably really do.

The psychology of anonymity on the web, if only Freud were alive today.

original poster

we cant get the rich man to pay up so lets try the smaller guy. seems to be working looking at conviction stats.

you are not only a little man but a boring old whinger with a persecution complex.

heres hoping the courts are succesful.

I think the forum would improve if people posted like how they act/speak/conduct themselves in real life, something only a small group of people probably really do.

The psychology of anonymity on the web, if only Freud were alive today.

Care to let on you real name? :o

Only joking but I agree with your comment, anonymity does bring with it a feeling of invincibility.

To the OP, yes you do get a load of <deleted> on the forum but read through virtually any newspaper or try watching television for an evening. The world is full of <deleted> but it rots down to form the compost within which mighty oaks grow. The tough part is wading through the <deleted> to pick the acorn off the tree but in the end it's worth it.

btw you should know by now that posting any topic concerning avoidance of responsibility, financial or emotional, will attract negativity.

thai visa ,which was once the only place for expats to get some solid advice and understanding,

is now sadly a forum for sad,bitter old farts to take out their frustrations (sexual or otherwise) on other people.

one recent post asked why expats did not acknowledge each other or say hello when in thailand.

i suspect many of them read the various accounts and responses on this forum and come to the conclusion that most expats are assh*les.everyone has done something stupid or irresponsible in their lives that they regret and they dont need some i,ve been there and fought 2 world wars dick judging them when all they asked for was some dam_n advice.

no doubt the same morons i speak about now will have their rant back at me when i submit this.needless to say the reason

why these fountains of knowledge are here in thailand in the first place is that the people in their home countries dont like them or their irrational opinions, they dont have any friends and the only reason any lady would be with them is because of the financial stability they may offer.

Hi JFK,

Read you post and dont really understand why you are so agrrieved so I decided to have a lock at some of your previous postings to get some idea of whee you are coming from.

Of the three most recent postings of yours in one you were complaining that on your return to Northern Ireland you found that the local Authority had obtained a warrant ( similar to a County Cout Judgement as you discribed it) for rent that you have owed them for over 5 years. In it you also confirmed that you held a Bank account withfunds in it in the uk but at a different address and were seeking advice from the members as to the posibility of the Local Authoity finding out about that oyur assets in that account and either freezing the money you had in the account until your debt to them had been repaid or perhaps the possibility of them having already persuaded the Courts to have your debt to the Local Authority settled by withdrawing the outstanding debt from your assets in that account.

In your other two postings you indicated that you were living back in the uk for three months to build up some funds and intended to travel on a touist visa to Australia but you wanted advice from Australian members of this forum how easy it would be for you to work in the construction indusrty in Australia for cash in hand thus circumventing your visa requirements and the tax and National Insurance requirements of Australia.

I have highlighted some of the contents of your posting above which confirm what a low opinion you have of the members of this forum.

It would seem that the reason for your posting above is not quite clear as you have discribed above.

However although you indicate that our above post is due to the responses from various members to many of the postings you have read over the years in view of the contents of your previous postings that you are being more than a little economical with the truth.

Quite why you should think it unreasonable for the local authority having the temerity to take legal action against you to recover money you have owned them for over five years is beyond me.

Whilst I have not read any of the repsonses you recieved in respect of that postings I can appreciate that whilst you feel that the Council has no right to take appropriate steps to recover the money you have owef them for the past five years I can appreciate that there are a great deal of people who take the view that you should not expect other Council Tax payers in Northern to supplement your lifestye in LOS.

Equally I can appreciate that some members might also take the view that the Australian people to have enough economic migrants to deal with without another bludger from the uk.

I note you say in your posting above, "thai visa is now sadly a forum for sad bitter old farts to take out their frustrations( sexual or otherwise) on other people", whilst I think that Thai Visa is often over censored on certain subjects

I think your steriotyping of the other menbers spreaks more of your personal deficiencies and inadaquacies rather than theirs.

Similarly when you refer to fellow members as Morons and go on to state" that the reason these "fountains of knowlege" are here in Thailand in the forst place is because people in their own countries dont like them or their illogical opinions, and the only reason any ladies are with them is for the financial stability they may offer" that also speaks volumes of the personal deficiencies and inadaquacies and from your previous postings it would also seem , your inability to generate and keep a decent income as those old farts of whom you are clearly so envious of have done .

From what little information you have posted on this site that I have read to date it is clear that you couldnt or wouldnt pay your way in the uk, and as you have confirmed that you had to return to the uk for a few months to earn a crust and are now attempting to enter Australia to work illegally i would seem that you have also failed to earn sufficient income to live comfortably in Thailand.

You are obviously jelous of those members whom you refer to as old farts that have managed to put away a few quid and able to support themselves in thailand, you appear to contribute nothing to society and expect others to pay your Council bills, if you dont pay your council bills other council tax payers have to pay it for you.

It would seem you were a failure in Northern Ireland/uk, and it would seem you have continued to be a failure in LOS.

You sneer at other members who are able to maintain a relationship with Thai nationals and claim that without their money thier parners would no even consider them, that may be true of some but please enighten the forum and let us know what a no mark like youself has to offer a thai partner or indeed thai society?

If you dont like what you consider to be negative response's from members to your enquiries that are based on your illegal or imoral activities/ intentions then the simple aswere is to not provide members with the ammunition to fire back at you.

You appear to be a "chancer" who is running out of chances, if you cannot pay your way in the uk its unlikely you can, or are willing to do so elsewhere. :D:D

roy gsd

Thai Visa is a democracy of sorts and in democracies people are allowed a voice. You may not agree with the voice but it has a right to be heard. My occupation and my religion have been attacked by anti semites and holocaust deniers but that is what happens in democracies.

I have seen so much rubbish (my opinion) on here but this is also the place that saved me hundreds of pounds when getting my wifes visa and I have received sound advice on business, car buying and other areas. As a previous poster has said you have to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Think of it this way if those bitter and twisted types were not typing here they would be out spreading their poison amongst real people, so really TV does society a favour.

That’s terrible.

My daughter was raped, wife murdered, dogs strung up and house burned down by ThaiVisa members after I disagreed with some members in my posts.

Since than I have been much more discrete with my replies.

Be careful, Thaivisa members are a rough lot.

Edited by sassienie

I have seen so much rubbish (my opinion) on here but this is also the place that saved me hundreds of pounds when getting my wifes visa and I have received sound advice on business, car buying and other areas. As a previous poster has said you have to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Think of it this way if those bitter and twisted types were not typing here they would be out spreading their poison amongst real people, so really TV does society a favour.

That’s terrible.

My daughter was raped, wife murdered, dogs strung up and house burned down by ThaiVisa members after I disagreed with some members in my posts.

They're not, they're a bunch of pussys :o

Sorry, old-fart pussys.

Edited by OlRedEyes

That’s terrible.

I actually thought you were serious for a moment.. that's not funny, to think of something that terrible happening to your family. Not a joking matter.

What parent in their right mind thinks of their child being raped as a joke? Okay the wife you hate her and you imagine her murdered.. but your child who looks to you for protection in life??

Not funny at all.

Edited by LaReina

thai visa ,which was once the only place for expats to get some solid advice and understanding,

is now sadly a forum for sad,bitter old farts to take out their frustrations (sexual or otherwise) on other people.

one recent post asked why expats did not acknowledge each other or say hello when in thailand.

i suspect many of them read the various accounts and responses on this forum and come to the conclusion that most expats are assh*les.everyone has done something stupid or irresponsible in their lives that they regret and they dont need some i,ve been there and fought 2 world wars dick judging them when all they asked for was some dam_n advice.

no doubt the same morons i speak about now will have their rant back at me when i submit this.needless to say the reason

why these fountains of knowledge are here in thailand in the first place is that the people in their home countries dont like them or their irrational opinions, they dont have any friends and the only reason any lady would be with them is because of the financial stability they may offer.

Hi JFK,

Read you post and dont really understand why you are so agrrieved so I decided to have a lock at some of your previous postings to get some idea of whee you are coming from.

Of the three most recent postings of yours in one you were complaining that on your return to Northern Ireland you found that the local Authority had obtained a warrant ( similar to a County Cout Judgement as you discribed it) for rent that you have owed them for over 5 years. In it you also confirmed that you held a Bank account withfunds in it in the uk but at a different address and were seeking advice from the members as to the posibility of the Local Authoity finding out about that oyur assets in that account and either freezing the money you had in the account until your debt to them had been repaid or perhaps the possibility of them having already persuaded the Courts to have your debt to the Local Authority settled by withdrawing the outstanding debt from your assets in that account.

In your other two postings you indicated that you were living back in the uk for three months to build up some funds and intended to travel on a touist visa to Australia but you wanted advice from Australian members of this forum how easy it would be for you to work in the construction indusrty in Australia for cash in hand thus circumventing your visa requirements and the tax and National Insurance requirements of Australia.

I have highlighted some of the contents of your posting above which confirm what a low opinion you have of the members of this forum.

It would seem that the reason for your posting above is not quite clear as you have discribed above.

However although you indicate that our above post is due to the responses from various members to many of the postings you have read over the years in view of the contents of your previous postings that you are being more than a little economical with the truth.

Quite why you should think it unreasonable for the local authority having the temerity to take legal action against you to recover money you have owned them for over five years is beyond me.

Whilst I have not read any of the repsonses you recieved in respect of that postings I can appreciate that whilst you feel that the Council has no right to take appropriate steps to recover the money you have owef them for the past five years I can appreciate that there are a great deal of people who take the view that you should not expect other Council Tax payers in Northern to supplement your lifestye in LOS.

Equally I can appreciate that some members might also take the view that the Australian people to have enough economic migrants to deal with without another bludger from the uk.

I note you say in your posting above, "thai visa is now sadly a forum for sad bitter old farts to take out their frustrations( sexual or otherwise) on other people", whilst I think that Thai Visa is often over censored on certain subjects

I think your steriotyping of the other menbers spreaks more of your personal deficiencies and inadaquacies rather than theirs.

Similarly when you refer to fellow members as Morons and go on to state" that the reason these "fountains of knowlege" are here in Thailand in the forst place is because people in their own countries dont like them or their illogical opinions, and the only reason any ladies are with them is for the financial stability they may offer" that also speaks volumes of the personal deficiencies and inadaquacies and from your previous postings it would also seem , your inability to generate and keep a decent income as those old farts of whom you are clearly so envious of have done .

From what little information you have posted on this site that I have read to date it is clear that you couldnt or wouldnt pay your way in the uk, and as you have confirmed that you had to return to the uk for a few months to earn a crust and are now attempting to enter Australia to work illegally i would seem that you have also failed to earn sufficient income to live comfortably in Thailand.

You are obviously jelous of those members whom you refer to as old farts that have managed to put away a few quid and able to support themselves in thailand, you appear to contribute nothing to society and expect others to pay your Council bills, if you dont pay your council bills other council tax payers have to pay it for you.

It would seem you were a failure in Northern Ireland/uk, and it would seem you have continued to be a failure in LOS.

You sneer at other members who are able to maintain a relationship with Thai nationals and claim that without their money thier parners would no even consider them, that may be true of some but please enighten the forum and let us know what a no mark like youself has to offer a thai partner or indeed thai society?

If you dont like what you consider to be negative response's from members to your enquiries that are based on your illegal or imoral activities/ intentions then the simple aswere is to not provide members with the ammunition to fire back at you.

You appear to be a "chancer" who is running out of chances, if you cannot pay your way in the uk its unlikely you can, or are willing to do so elsewhere. :D:D

roy gsd

Oddly enough, the advice he was given was to pay up his debts, and not burn his bridges as he might want to return/need to return home some day.

Good solid advice, but apparently not what he was looking for.

This reply proves the OP has a point or two.

This board is more real than life, I meet more a*sholes here :o

I find it difficult to believe so many people are pandering to this little jerk.

What has he added to the quality of TV Topics or responses? This topic is just his infantile way of expressing his frustrations over being ignored (?) or not hearing what he wants to? Forget the money. Do you need a towel to cry into?

Try adding something positive, and maybe you'll get something positive back. That's some advice from one asshol_e to another.