Lam Morrison?

magic

every time i have visited pattaya over the past few months, i am never able to catch him play at his own bar anymore.... I assume that he does arrive sometimes, then leaves if there are not many people. This seems like a dissmal circle for the pub and Lam.

My guess is that people come to see Lam. So if he is not there, then people will stop coming, as in my case. Then, less and less people come. I have walked by a number of times, and have only empty seats.

So, i am wondering if he is starting to retire now. I know his hands (tendinitis) needed a break from the Blues Factory routine, but it appears that he rarely plays anymore..

I'd love to catch him play again.

Cant remember if i heard it on telly or read it somewhere, but i think as of 1st July Lam's own place was finished and he was going back to the Blues Factory, dont take this as gospel though till i can remember where i got that info from????

Cant remember if i heard it on telly or read it somewhere, but i think as of 1st July Lam's own place was finished and he was going back to the Blues Factory, dont take this as gospel though till i can remember where i got that info from????

I used to park the Harley in front of his club (and stop in now and then). Went down a couple days ago and the place was closed. A buddy that knows Lam personally said he had stopped playing at his own club. Then the club closed, and he is back playing at the Blues Factory. (But I can still park in front of the closed club though !) :o

I read an article last week that he was back. So I went and abut 12:15/12:25 he came on. Supposedly he's back 5 nights a week.

This is the article. Some good pictures of him back at Blues factory too

Well, last night i found out also after attending the blues factory in person to see Lam play with the old band again.. He looked happier, played my request, and played for quite a while..One guy lost his pants last night on stage! No kidding... was one of the most entertaining nights I've seen there.

Welcome home Lam

Lam was on form again last night. He was a little reluctant to take the stage, but I wrestled him up there.

Blues Factory is a recent discovery for me, but will be a mandatory stop whenever I'm in WS.

Lam kicks off just after midnight, until about 2 am 5 days a week I believe. I'm nothing to do with the Blues Factory, so hopefully this won't get deleted :o

Was good to see Lam back, as good as ever but with more wrinkles

He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore :o

It's a mystery how he keeps going so strong, although his youngish female companionship might have a lot to do with it :D

Glad to hear that Lam is back where he seemed to enjoy the most.

We went to lams twice the last time in Pattaya & he was a 'no show' but later was jamming at the Blues Club. Gues that's where the heart is.

We will be hitting the Blues Factory as soon as we are back there, it's a great night.

:o

Yep.. I'll be back home in another week.. Will be heading down to the Blues Factory to show Lam to my girlfriend.. Went down to his bar several nights to introduce him cos my silly girl had never heard of Lam Morrison :o But unfortunately on those nights he was a no-show :D

Still can't believe a Uni educated chick had never heard of Thailand's very own rock legend....What do they teach in Thai schools nowadays ?.. :D ...

Anyhow glad to hear he's back.. even if it is cos his own places was flagging..

Can only make BF an even better night out.. Only hope that they are still a ''No Smoking'' venue cos in the past that was my only gripe 'cheap' anywhere.. They certainly ain't expensive at Dave's place but if it keeps the riff raff out so much the better :D

Edited by Pdaz

It's time I went to the Blues factory again...now that Lam is back :D

I bet Dave is more than happy to have him back too.

Froggs

Just a bit. :D

Agreed Mr Maverick, I feel that I'm paying a small price for the entertainment.

It does suck though when you buy Dave and Lam a beer, and get billed for lady drinks :o

I hope your kidding about the ladydrink thing? :D:(

I was at the blues factory last night and enjoyed myself. Didn't get to meet up with Dave or sweet chariot inside the roped off area for celebs thogh so was a bit disappointed :D

Great show and will be back to see again

CB

Where were you mate, I was there from about 1235 onwards, sorry I missed you. :D

I was in the Blues Factory last night.

Was good to see Lam back, as good as ever but with more wrinkles :D

Good too see you Papa. :D

Yep.. I'll be back home in another week.. Will be heading down to the Blues Factory to show Lam to my girlfriend.. Went down to his bar several nights to introduce him cos my silly girl had never heard of Lam Morrison :o But unfortunately on those nights he was a no-show :D

Still can't believe a Uni educated chick had never heard of Thailand's very own rock legend....What do they teach in Thai schools nowadays ?.. :D ...

Anyhow glad to hear he's back.. even if it is cos his own places was flagging..

Can only make BF an even better night out.. Only hope that they are still a ''No Smoking'' venue cos in the past that was my only gripe 'cheap' anywhere.. They certainly ain't expensive at Dave's place but if it keeps the riff raff out so much the better :D

It certainly is non smoking although admittedly after about 2 am I let a couple of people smoke if they ask. :(

Lam Morrison is celebrating his 65th birthday this coming wednesday so i'll be having a beer with him at a certain place. :o:D

Answers:

1) his bar

2) Pattaya retired musicians club

3) home with the missus

4) a secret venue that we don't mention on this thread in case people think it is adverising

:D

CB