Marriage Visa

Had visa last year June from Singapore with 800k in the bank, been told thats no good now....what can I do...dont have an income, the wifey dont have an income..got 2 kids born here and enough in a UK bank to keep us but how do I get a visa...help please

The income requirement is indeed 40k and if from wife it is based on her tax payments for the previous year. The tax payments seem to run about 2,500 baht per month (depending on deductions) so a back tax payment of about 30k would probably take care of last years proof and then payment of 2,500 or so each month to show her business earning remain over 40k per month. No details seem to be required for payment of tax. Check with Immigration office as to what period exactly tax must be shown before you start the process.

What do you want? A visa or a one year extension of stay? There is no such thing as a "marriage visa". If you just want a multi entry non immigrant O visa for 90 day stays you may be able to obtain in KL. Otherwise in home country or Oz or USA might issue. But for extension of stay someone needs to have income. If you have 40k per month income that your Embassy can certify that would work. Otherwise it is best to have wife work at the 40k per month wage as shown by her tax payments.

I want to live in Thailand with my wife & kids legally. Last year I got a one year visa as I had 800k in a Thai bank account, now this criteria dosnt excist and one of us need an income which we havnt. I find it hard to believe that there isnt a way to stay here without going back to the UK to get a visa. Is there a way I can get a one year visa, Penang, Singapore, anywhere close for 1 year...ok have to leave every 90 days with just having the money in a bank account....why does everything keep on changing

I said you may be able to obtain in KL (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).

There has never been a provision to allow one year extensions of stay for 800k in a bank account so believe you are talking about the old Singapore one year multi entry non immigrant O visa. Which if married required you show 400k or more in a bank account somewhere. That has ended. But Kuala Lumpur will almost surly issue if you can show Thai bank account of that amount (or even much less). Take copy of marriage certificate, wife ID card, children birth certificates, wife home register and a note from wife requesting you be issued a one you non immigrant O visa.

I said you may be able to obtain in KL (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).

There has never been a provision to allow one year extensions of stay for 800k in a bank account so believe you are talking about the old Singapore one year multi entry non immigrant O visa. Which if married required you show 400k or more in a bank account somewhere. That has ended. But Kuala Lumpur will almost surly issue if you can show Thai bank account of that amount (or even much less). Take copy of marriage certificate, wife ID card, children birth certificates, wife home register and a note from wife requesting you be issued a one you non immigrant O visa.

or do as Lop suggested in post3. Go to local Amphur pays yer tax money and get a tax reciept. Job done, no questions asked.

Dave

Cheers but the wifey dont have an income, so we kinda stuffed, thats my question, what can you do if neither partner has an income....please dont say shouldnt be here...I have savings in the UK that keep us

Your wife would have an "income" if you made the monthly tax payments as suggested by lopburi3.

I got a Non Immigrant multi entry from KL 10 days ago. No probs!! This, however, means a border run every 3 months. Pain in the h0le!!

PS

KL are wanting to see everything now

*marriage cert

*house reg book

*bank a/c

*wife's Thai passport

*her ID card

hel_l, I even got a medical cert (B40) to show just in case. I have said this in a few threads before

"It's a long way back to BKK for that bit of paper in your top drawer!!!"

Edited by jamesjdaly

Yep like the previous posters said. Just have the wife go to the tax office and pay back taxes on 40k a month.

The nice ppl at immigration actually told my wife to do this. "Just go, say you are selling cosmetics on the side and pay the tax for the last 3 months."

It if want to use one year extension of stay the requirement will be 40k per month income. For local income that is tax payments. The exact period of payment has changed so best to ask immigration but early this year is was proof of meeting that monthly income requirement on 2007 tax payments so if done late might require a full year (or more). But this may change by time of year. As said immigration is normally helpful in trying to answer such questions.

I got a Non Immigrant multi entry from KL 10 days ago. No probs!! This, however, means a border run every 3 months. Pain in the h0le!!

PS

*marriage cert

*house reg book

*bank a/c

*wife's Thai passport

*her ID card

hel_l, I even got a medical cert (B40) to show just in case. I have said this in a few threads before

jamesdaly...jamesthefirst...hi,

KL 'asked' for bank account details? Are there any minimum requirements money-in-bank wise, do you know?

Cheers.

PS

*marriage cert

*house reg book

*bank a/c

*wife's Thai passport

*her ID card

jamesdaly...jamesthefirst...hi,

KL 'asked' for bank account details? Are there any minimum requirements money-in-bank wise, do you know?

Cheers.

Official requirement; from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs website

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

.... 2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

It if want to use one year extension of stay the requirement will be 40k per month income. For local income that is tax payments. The exact period of payment has changed so best to ask immigration but early this year is was proof of meeting that monthly income requirement on 2007 tax payments so if done late might require a full year (or more). But this may change by time of year. As said immigration is normally helpful in trying to answer such questions.

I asked last week, was told full 2007 and up to now. (40.000 baht/month)

This was after studying my WP seeing that I have been here a while.

Had to pay around 20.000 baht in back taxes, because I only paid before on a salary of 30.000 baht.

They also calculated 1,5%/month in interest.

But I'm sure this is likely to be different between immigration offices.