Topic E Mail Notification

bangkokrick

Hi Support,

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the e mail notification had ceased to work again and it's still not working. I get e mail notification when someone sends me a PM. Any ideas?

PS. It always worked perfectly in the past so i have set things uo correctly.

Cheers, Rick

Guest Reimar
Hi Support,

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the e mail notification had ceased to work again and it's still not working. I get e mail notification when someone sends me a PM. Any ideas?

Cheers, Rick

Hi Rick,

maybe you try this way:

1. open My Controls

2. go to Email Settings

3. Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

If ticked, choose default type: Immediate Email Notification

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

So it works for me. Need to be set the Immediate Email Notification!

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Reimar

Hi Support,

Cheers, Rick

Hi Rick,

maybe you try this way:

1. open My Controls

2. go to Email Settings

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Reimar

Hi Reimar,

I have just done that and i will let you know if it works. Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Rick

Guest Reimar
Hi Support,

Cheers, Rick

Hi Rick,

maybe you try this way:

1. open My Controls

2. go to Email Settings

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Reimar

Hi Reimar,

Cheers, Rick

OK, fine.

Please tell me if you get an notification now!

Please don't forget that you need to subscribe to the forum or topic you seeking the notification for.

Cheers, Reimar

Guest Reimar

for me the notification work with an delay from about 10 minutes. But that's because my e-mail client is set to check all 10 minutes for new mails.

How is it now?

Cheers, Reimar

Guest Reimar

There can be also an delay in your Mail Server. I've my Mail Serer in House and don't use any third party server. So that's different as well.

Cheers, Reimar

Hi Support,

Cheers, Rick

Hi Rick,

maybe you try this way:

1. open My Controls

2. go to Email Settings

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Reimar

Hi Reimar,

Cheers, Rick

OK, fine.

Please tell me if you get an notification now!

Please don't forget that you need to subscribe to the forum or topic you seeking the notification for.

Cheers, Reimar

I just subscribed and i got the e mail instantly so all working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Rick

Hi Reimar,

Yes, the immediate notification works okay, but in the past the delayed notification also worked with a summary of responses every 12 or 24 hours.

This no longer works if you stay logged in at all times (even is computer is off). Now the only way to get info from the 'delayed notification' topics is by actually logging off for some time.

I guess it has something to do with the new TV software.

No problem at my end since I can set everything I need to 'immediate notification', but I think TV admin should explain somewhere that 'delayed notification' only works if you actually log off from TV for a certain period of time.

Regards

opalhort

(my mail is also set to 10 min. auto download)

Guest Reimar
Hi Reimar,

Yes, the immediate notification works okay, but in the past the delayed notification also worked with a summary of responses every 12 or 24 hours.

This no longer works if you stay logged in at all times (even is computer is off). Now the only way to get info from the 'delayed notification' topics is by actually logging off for some time.

I guess it has something to do with the new TV software.

No problem at my end since I can set everything I need to 'immediate notification', but I think TV admin should explain somewhere that 'delayed notification' only works if you actually log off from TV for a certain period of time.

Regards

opalhort

(my mail is also set to 10 min. auto download)

I hadn't use the delayed notification because I like to get the info direct.

But it's possible that you need to log off and on again to get the info that way.

Normally, even if you not log off if you off the computer, you'll be logged off and automatically log on again if you restart and connect to TV.

Cheers.

Normally, even if you not log off if you off the computer, you'll be logged off and automatically log on again if you restart and connect to TV.

Yes most sites, web boards etc. do log you off once you disconnect or after a few minutes later, but TV does not appear to do that.

Here may be one reason:

If you use an ADSL modem/router you shut down your PC but the IP remains connected. On a dial-up you would disconnect completely.

This is just a guess on my part!

What do you think?

Regards

opalhort

Guest Reimar

Yes most sites, web boards etc. do log you off once you disconnect or after a few minutes later, but TV does not appear to do that.

Here may be one reason:

If you use an ADSL modem/router you shut down your PC but the IP remains connected. On a dial-up you would disconnect completely.

This is just a guess on my part!

What do you think?

Regards

opalhort

It's the computer who log you off, even if the Router still run with the same IP! I had check that some time ago for to be sure to really off at the moment I close my computer and was running a sniffer software for to log all actions. You'll log on automatically if you connect again to TV. Only if you delete the Cookies and Temp files, you need to log on manually again which shows on the other hand that you was logged off.

Cheers.

OK, I understand and stand corrected. It was only a thought I had.

Anyway, in the past there has never been any problem with delayed notification (even without logging off) but these days only immediate notification appears to be working?!?!

opalhort

Guest Reimar
OK, I understand and stand corrected. It was only a thought I had.

Anyway, in the past there has never been any problem with delayed notification (even without logging off) but these days only immediate notification appears to be working?!?!

opalhort

I really can't tell anything about that because I use immediate notification only!

But there some problems after the upgrade like the LoFi Version pp. could be in there as well.

Cheers.