Iphone - How Can I Get A Thai Keyboard?

Basecamp

Anybody know how to get a Thai keyboard for an i phone? The new 3G vesion?

Go to the shop and have them do it for you. I did that for the old iPhone, worked great. The new iPhone has the same software, and there are one-click unlock tools out there, so in theory it should work exactly the same.

The previous iPhone was hacked with an Installer program which allowed you to add extra functionality, including a Thai keyboard. However, the Installer, and all the associated programs did not work with the firmware on the new iPhone. They have, in the last week, re-developed Installer and the beta version can now be loaded to the new phone (or an old phone with the new firmware). But, the applications that can be accessed by the Installer on the new phone are still being developed, so you may have to wait a while for the Thai keyboard application to be available.

Interesting - I thought the keyboard was just a feature of the iPhone that got unlocked, e.g. language support which is already built into the phone and which can be enabled by adding the correct language resources and preferences. It's not a separate app, it's more like a resource pack. That's why I thought they could enable this easily on any jailbroken iPhone. But maybe I am wrong...

Interesting - I thought the keyboard was just a feature of the iPhone that got unlocked, e.g. language support which is already built into the phone and which can be enabled by adding the correct language resources and preferences. It's not a separate app, it's more like a resource pack. That's why I thought they could enable this easily on any jailbroken iPhone. But maybe I am wrong...

Theres a lot of Thai stuff appeared on installer, sure I seen a keyboard there.

• 5 months later...
I thought the keyboard was just a feature of the iPhone that got unlocked, e.g. language support which is already built into the phone and which can be enabled by adding the correct language resources and preferences. It's not a separate app, it's more like a resource pack. That's why I thought they could enable this easily on any jailbroken iPhone. But maybe I am wrong...

I'd agree with nikster - I was amazed how easy it was to enable a new Japanese Emoji keyboard last week:

http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/2008/11/how...on-your-iphone/

Last I tried the Thai keyboard hack last year, it seriously screwed up my phone - mind you, that was then.

I assume now that the iPhone is out in Thailand, there is a clean way to do it now!

If anyone knows, please do let us know!