What's The Difference Between E20, Gasohol 91, Gasohol 95, Benzene, And Finally, Powerhol?

ywamer

(Yeah, yeah I searched the archives already)

Now the question: What's the difference between e20, Gasohol 91, Gasohol 95, Benzene, and finally, the product available at PTT: powerhol?

I own a 2006 Yaris, which seems to run fine on anything i put in it, mainly Gasohol 91 or 95 and Benzene. But what exactly is all this stuff? I get nervous filling my newish car with odd-sounding fuel mixes.

Am I right in concluding that Gasohol = E10? Meaning 10% Ethanol + 90% Lead free gasoline? If so, what is the difference in the 91 and 95 varieties?

And what about Benzene? Is that old-fashioned Lead free gasolone/petrol? According to my English ability, benzene is an old-fashioned gasoline additive, am I right?

And today I was fueling up a friends diesel pickup at a PTT station here in Chiang Mai. But their signs (in Thai) did not include diesel, only 'pow-a-hol'. What the flip? is this another gov't idea? Is this the diesel equivalent of gasohol?

These Thai fuel naming schemes are messing up my mind. Help!

I looked this up on google the other day.......its all there if you can take the time to sift through it. Can't tell you myself because I was only interested in Gasohol vs Bensin for my old car. What I can say is that gasohol produces less energy per litre than Bensin which translates as slightly less kpg. This partially offsets the saving in cost but not so much in newer cars as they may have been designed to accept alternative fuels. Also, gasohol in older engines generally wears them out quicker but again this may not be the case in newer modals.