Who Gets The House And Land?

I am single and have been in Thailand five years on a retirement visa. Last year I leased a plot of land for 30 years and had a house built on it. What happens to the house and land if I die five or ten years into the lease, can I leave the remainder of the lease to someone (Thai or farang) in my will or does it revert to the land owner? What happens to the house (ownership) if I live the full term of the lease? Do I need to get the Yellow House Book (Yellow Tambien Baan)

I am single and have been in Thailand five years on a retirement visa. Last year I leased a plot of land for 30 years and had a house built on it. What happens to the house and land if I die five or ten years into the lease, can I leave the remainder of the lease to someone (Thai or farang) in my will or does it revert to the land owner? What happens to the house (ownership) if I live the full term of the lease? Do I need to get the Yellow House Book (Yellow Tambien Baan)

Others have posted on here that, depending upon the wording of the lease, you should be able to will the lease to someone either Thai or farang. Check your lease to see if there is such a provision. If not, contact a lawyer and discuss your options.

As far as the house ownership goes, I believe you would still own it, but you either have to remove it, leave it for the land owner, or try to get the land owner to buy it from you.