Meteorite Hits Ko Phangan!

thought that would get your attention :o but seriously, i, and several friends so it wasn't just me on the bottle, saw a huge meteorite coming down over the west coast of KPN at about 8-9pm last night. it was big enough to light up the sky in a beautiful green light. it looked like it was going to hit the sea but i think it split up just a few degrees above the horizon. hard to tell how far away it was but it was big and very impressive. once in a lifetime event i think.

did anyone else see it?

Perseids meteor showers occurs about mid August.

I once witnessed a huge meteor as I was sitting on a beach in Hawaii. I was told it may have been a missile test. Any military in the area?

Edited by pumpuiman

thought that would get your attention :o but seriously, i, and several friends so it wasn't just me on the bottle, saw a huge meteorite coming down over the west coast of KPN at about 8-9pm last night. it was big enough to light up the sky in a beautiful green light. it looked like it was going to hit the sea but i think it split up just a few degrees above the horizon. hard to tell how far away it was but it was big and very impressive. once in a lifetime event i think.

did anyone else see it?

Yes, we were having a beer in the BBC and I thought that it was a bolt of lightening as there was some Thunderstorm activity further over to the South. It was very impressive and was exactly where you describe, but from where we were it seemed to be dark red.

did anyone else see it?

Yes, we were having a beer in the BBC and I thought that it was a bolt of lightening as there was some Thunderstorm activity further over to the South. It was very impressive and was exactly where you describe, but from where we were it seemed to be dark red.

yep, it started out red and then turned green as it got lower. as first, myself and a couple of friends thought it was a firework, but fireworks don't usually come from space.

i plan to set my alarm for 4am, after the moon goes down is supposed to be great time to watch for meteor showers.

Yes everyone. The OP did see what is claimed, although it didn't hit KPG. It was witnessed by hundreds on Koh Tao and dissappeared in the north eastern sky with a very big white flash. It seems it may have hit the sea in the gulf. Not sure this event is related to the current meteor shower as it was much bigger than that. Or it was a distressed mothership from Pleadies???

We believe the Navy is here now investigating where it may have landed. ((URL removed - lopburi3))

did anyone else see it?

I Want to Believe

Yes, we saw it too! Defo not just the local tipple affecting your vision. Was quite a sight. a friend of ours was driving and nearly crashed the car! We thought it had hit here on Samui but didn't here any crash so prob went into the sea.....Awesome sight!

Edited by imjustagirl

• 5 months later...

did anyone else see it?

Saw it from a great vantage point in Surithani.. if I knew the name of the place I was I could offer a more accurate location, but it was "down there".

Anyway, great sight, witnessed by 6 or 7 friends, all (surprisingly) sober.