Why It Is So Difficult?

ajarnmark

Good one, this forum has so much bashing of Thai females its disgusting.

I have no idea how some of you were brought up

Hear hear. People that need to go to Pattaya or Sukhumvit to find a woman well...maybe you *quality* guys shouldn't be so critical? :o

Good girl, bad girl - bar girl, no bar girl, most of these relationships with foreigners have a lopsided importance of, for and about money.

My experience is that if you start a relationship through 'normal' social contact, like you might do in your own country, money isn't any more important than it is in the 'west'. If you think Thai girls only go out with foreigners for money then frankly, you might try hanging around in some different places.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one, this forum has so much bashing of Thai females its disgusting.

I have no idea how some of you were brought up

Hear hear. People that need to go to Pattaya or Sukhumvit to find a woman well...maybe you *quality* guys shouldn't be so critical? :o

Good girl, bad girl - bar girl, no bar girl, most of these relationships with foreigners have a lopsided importance of, for and about money.

My experience is that if you start a relationship through 'normal' social contact, like you might do in your own country, money isn't any more important than it is in the 'west'. If you think Thai girls only go out with foreigners for money then frankly, you might try hanging around in some different places.

My experience here in LOS is that Thai women, who are not is significant need of money, are not interested in socializing with foreign men, unless perhaps the man might have some type of unusual status here, such as a company mgr or exec. It is hard to overcome the negative reputation that the run-of-the mill Farangs are all woman-chasing barflys. It appears many higher status Thai women don't want to tarnish themselves with such a relationship for fear of being stereotyped. I recently dated a student nurse, who had serious concerns about this. She said her freinds would mostly assume she was with me primarily for money. She would be viewed as a gold digger.

Which explains why farang wonmen and thai boys together is so rare. Farang aint gonna be happy with thai boy making $500 a month. Farang chicks want just like peasent girls do, same same.

My brother in law is Thai and he's a taxi driver that makes around 60k baht a month. I also know a few Thais that work as I do in the high tech industry making 120k baht a month or more. So don't think all Thais make 'chump change'.

The trouble with generalities is that they are generally right. Pointing to exceptions doesn't disprove the rule.

The English don't wash

The Scots are all mean

The Irish all drink to destruction

The Australians are lousy lovers ( brace yourself Sheila )

The Americans are all loud

The French are all great Chefs

Yeah Right!!!

Thank God I'm Welsh hehehehe

Wellies? :o

Erm...... A certain poster that managed the phrase 'Isan wh***'' was left, but a post that politely, but strongly, criticized this phrase did not remain? You can focus on removing any kind of strong discussion / opposing viewpoints / arguing, but to me that's secondary to maintaining a modicum of respect and politeness on a forum.

I think bigoted slurs simply don't belong. Again IMHO.

I don't know if you were referring to my post criticizing the use of the word; but I still feel it is unfair to call all of them that. We don't know their individual situations or circumstances. It's often too easy to stereotype people. As I said... it could be said to happen in other ways, and it's called "choosing the right mate". If the primary quality in choosing "the right mate", is the one that can provide a big house, expensive car and fancy clothes, it's the same thing, but socially acceptable. To me it's just a matter of degree... My question is for all nationalities... are the days of marrying only for love over? In most cultures, that's considered foolish now.

Erm...... A certain poster that managed the phrase 'Isan wh***'' was left, but a post that politely, but strongly, criticized this phrase did not remain? You can focus on removing any kind of strong discussion / opposing viewpoints / arguing, but to me that's secondary to maintaining a modicum of respect and politeness on a forum.

I don't know if you were referring to my post criticizing the use of the word; but I still feel it is unfair to call all of them that. We don't know their individual situations or circumstances. It's often too easy to stereotype people. As I said... it could be said to happen in other ways, and it's called "choosing the right mate". If the primary quality in choosing "the right mate", is the one that can provide a big house, expensive car and fancy clothes, it's the same thing, but socially acceptable. To me it's just a matter of degree... My question is for all nationalities... are the days of marrying only for love over? In most cultures, that's considered foolish now.

I agree with most of what you say..

But is it stereotyping to call all Asians Asian? or all Falangs Falang?

No it is not.

Nor is it stereotyping to call all prostitutes a prostitute. Thats what they are!

An Asian is an Asian, a Farang is a Farang and a woman who sells her body for money is a prostitute.

I agree with most of what you say..

But is it stereotyping to call all Asians Asian? or all Falangs Falang?

No it is not.

Nor is it stereotyping to call all prostitutes a prostitute. Thats what they are!

An Asian is an Asian, a Farang is a Farang and a woman who sells her body for money is a prostitute.

Does this then qualify too? " woman who sells her body for"... a good provider who can offer a big house, expensive car and fancy clothes, instead of marrying only for love and only love. No matter what nationality?

The trouble with generalities is that they are generally right. Pointing to exceptions doesn't disprove the rule.

The English don't wash

The Scots are all mean

The Irish all drink to destruction

The Australians are lousy lovers ( brace yourself Sheila )

The Americans are all loud

The French are all great Chefs

Yeah Right!!!

Thank God I'm Welsh hehehehe

Don't be too proud - they even made up a verb about your country folk: http://www.tfd.com/welsh

Which explains why farang wonmen and thai boys together is so rare. Farang aint gonna be happy with thai boy making $500 a month. Farang chicks want just like peasent girls do, same same.

My brother in law is Thai and he's a taxi driver that makes around 60k baht a month. I also know a few Thais that work as I do in the high tech industry making 120k baht a month or more. So don't think all Thais make 'chump change'.

Does this taxi driver make 60k in bangkok? Most thai boys do make chump change.

60K find that near impossible to believe. Even owning their own cab, licence etc, and working all hours would have thought 30k absolute tops. Average Joe makes no more than 15k I'd guess, which is still a good wage for Thailand.

Is this a joke?! Certainly in the UK (and I suspect in the rest of the Western world), marrying for money is considered disgusting. Everybody laughs about the young women who marry the millionaires, both at the man (who is stupid enough to think she loves him) and the woman (who is so morally bankrupt that she is prepared to do it).

The only difference here is that the amount of money involved is so much smaller!

Not too difficult to marry a nice girl. It's even easier to marry a witch. I've dated both, but fortunately never have been seriously involved with a deceitful partner. If I hooked up with a stunner whose first words were hello hansom, it would've been a difficult road. Many are nice women, but maneuvering through all the crap, takes a tremendous amount of resolve and intelligence.

I bet those that have loving relationships with Bgs have some interesting stories to tell. My hat goes off to you.

This is Thailand. Fantasy or Reality? Your choice :o I chose reality. I've never been desperate enough to marry or "date" a bargirl(prostitute). Of course the prostitutes are nicer, they want your money sexy man! If you want a normal Thai woman, then its almost like having a girlfriend/wife where you come from. Many choices here. You can either take the low road or the high road. Its entirely up to you.

This is Thailand. Fantasy or Reality? Your choice :D I chose reality. I've never been desperate enough to marry or "date" a bargirl(prostitute). Of course the prostitutes are nicer, they want your money sexy man! If you want a normal Thai woman, then its almost like having a girlfriend/wife where you come from. Many choices here. You can either take the low road or the high road. Its entirely up to you.

Is that why in the UK for example, 2 out of every 3 marriages end in divorce, cos they stayed among their own ?

And of course we all know how faithful marriage partners are in the western world too. :o

60K find that near impossible to believe. Even owning their own cab, licence etc, and working all hours would have thought 30k absolute tops. Average Joe makes no more than 15k I'd guess, which is still a good wage for Thailand.

Yes, he owns his own taxi. Its a new Toyota and uses LPG so not much cost for fuel. Since it's new not much for maintenance so far. License and insurance isn't too much for Thailand. He does work six and sometimes 7 days a week. I wouldn't say too much from an eight/ten hour shift. And when he's not using it he rents it out to his cousin for 500 baht a day. He usually drives during the prime night hours when the tourists are out and about. And he is typically around the tourist/farang areas. He tells my wife that after paying for the fuel each day that he sees on an average about 2k baht a day. Do the math......

He tells my wife that after paying for the fuel each day that he sees on an average about 2k baht a day. Do the math......

Don't tell the English teachers working for a pittance this, they'll be really pizzed off........... :o

He tells my wife that after paying for the fuel each day that he sees on an average about 2k baht a day. Do the math......

Don't tell the English teachers working for a pittance this, they'll be really pizzed off........... :o

No problem as they don't know how to drive..... :D And who would want someone babbling to you while stuck in traffic for 2 hrs... :D

Is that why in the UK for example, 2 out of every 3 marriages end in divorce, cos they stayed among their own ?

And of course we all know how faithful marriage partners are in the western world too. :o

Maigo6 - indeed you do not lie! - and it is a point that many people ignore when slagging-off an older Falang/younger Thai relationship.

2 failed relationships in the UK have cost me more than any number of dalliances in Thailand could cost me.

It's definitely wrong to assume all foreigners who come here and get married do so with whores. Dose it happen? Yes very often. Can you tell by looking at them together with maybe minimal conversation? With a trained eye, more often then not. All that aside you can't just auto assume foreigner/Thai marriage = former thai whore. Sadly because the site of many of these former whore/ farang couples are so comical (or disturbing depending on who you ask) its often the image that sticks in ones mind when they think of interracial couples here. But what ever the excuse its just wrong to assume it for everyone.

Unfortunately this is very true. Would the girls be hanging around otherwise?

More importantly, would the Farangs even be here if they weren't hanging around ? :D

Many nice women in Monte Carlo, but I doubt they're interested in Rod the Roadsweeper from Rotherham. :o

In Thailand he'd be OK though.

Edited by Maigo6