Churros

DB84

I didn't know what they were, so I checked Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churros

They sound delicious, I hope you find some. Let us know where you do.

Here is a easy recipe: http://spanishfood.about.com/od/dessertssweets/r/churros.htm

I wonder if they are similar to the fried doughy things the Thais sell from stalls or carts around breakfast time?

Edited by maxjay

Come down to Jomtien on the weekends and go to the weekend market on Theprasit Road as there is a stand that makes them fresh and is quite busy.

That is interesting how churros could make their way into a Thai street market.

Myself, I have a hard time picturing churros without cholos.

Come down to Jomtien on the weekends and go to the weekend market on Theprasit Road as there is a stand that makes them fresh and is quite busy.

That is interesting how churros could make their way into a Thai street market.

Myself, I have a hard time picturing churros without cholos.

suprised to see them myself but they have been selling and the Thai's buy them.

But deep fried crap is very popular here.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

Thinking about the hot chocolate that churros should be served with, I am surprised that the sugar overload is not more common here.

The Thai dougnut things are sold all over the place, not enough sugar IME but they do offer a coconut milk dip at some places.

What would be nice if they did cinnamon sugar.

Thinking about the hot chocolate that churros should be served with, I am surprised that the sugar overload is not more common here.

It is. There is now an epidemic of DIABETES here in Thailand.

If I were to open a churros stand here, I would want to call it:

CHURROS WITHOUT CHOLOS

Another reason I ain't rich

Edited by Jingthing

:o

Wow. I've been wanting some churros too, didn't think they existed in Thailand. I'll check that out.

Thanks for the feedback.

All the way to Jomtien? But sounds tempting...

I will keep on hunting for churros in Bangkok - Will keep you guys posted.

JingThing - If you reconsider the name I will consider going into the Churros business with you!

Thais would love Churros though, I can almost smell fried money.

• 2 weeks later...

Safe-E @ Boromratchonnani ,Before Buddhamonthon Sai 2 , the vendor is infront of Tops Super. 10 am - evening.

Tha Chang Pier, Tha Chang

Prasanmitr University Thusday flea market, Asoke Area Mrt Petchburi or Sukhumvit or BTS Asok --- This one i'm not sure where the stall is located and Is he still working on his business

This Churros was once quite popular in Bangkok. There was a stall at Silom, Lad-Yaa , Central Rama3, Jatujak Market

But now the only place that i'm quite sure that the shop is still on business is the one in front of Tops near Safe E

To go here - Take Bus 515 From Victory Monument / Safe E bus stop

Or wait for a week, I will research for more shops that sale Churros.

Spanish Restaurant in BKK should have it, I think.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had really good churros at Los Cabos on Sukhumvit soi 14. Crispy outside and soft inside. Really warm and lightly covered in sugar and cinnamon. You can get them with chocolate and Kahlua dipping sauce too if you are into it. They have specials there on food items from 2p-7p for 99 baht and the churros is one of the items. I'm from LA as they come really close as the churros I've had there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had really good churros at Los Cabos on Sukhumvit soi 14. Crispy outside and soft inside. Really warm and lightly covered in sugar and cinnamon. You can get them with chocolate and Kahlua dipping sauce too if you are into it. They have specials there on food items from 2p-7p for 99 baht and the churros is one of the items. I'm from LA as they come really close as the churros I've had there.

+1 on the churros at Los Cabos.

Best churros I ever had were from the vendors at La Bufadora outside Ensenada. Legendary.