Missed Re-entry

I have work permit and one year thai visa but I was unable to get re-entry at airport as re-entry office was closed at the time of my flight. Now someone suggest me what to do now to get re-entry from my country.

Regards,

Re-entry desk should be open 24 hours a day in Bangkok so expect you did not have time to obtain or used another airport for departure? Once you leave the country without a re-entry permit when on an extension of stay it ends. You should obtain a new visa prior to return and then go through the re-entry process again. It is always good to have a re-entry permit in passport before travel as one never knows what might happen in airport at the last minute.

There is no such thing as a one year marriage visa - there is a multi entry non immigrant O visa (which does not require re-entry permits because you can only stay 90 days at a time) and there is the one year family extension of stay from Immigration. For the extension of stay you would need re-entry permits to keep it alive and they can be obtained at any Immigration office. Cost is 1,000 baht for single or 3,800 baht for multi entry valid until your current permitted to stay stamp.

Yeh That's I am saying Re-entry desk is supposed to be open 24 hrs but it was not on 23-July-08 @ 2:00 AM. Anyhow I think I should visit thai embassy in my country, get new visa, go to Thailand and start over my visa process. Thank you all for co-operation.

And this was Bangkok? And how were you informed the desk was not open? In ten years I have never heard of the re-entry desk being "closed". Although I never advise using it, for just such an occurrence as you seem to have had, it should be open. There may not be anyone there at times; but then you have to ask. If there has been a change would like to know. What did the exit immigration officer say when you asked him about it?

Yes a visa and restart of extension of stay is your best course of action now.