Computer Testing

anna234cn

If your a ludite:

1) is it powerfull enough to run the aps you want? Depends on the aps, suck it and see. eg, want to run Doom 3???? then you need a heavy spec machine to run this.

2) are the system's components as promised by the dealer? Try to install an application like System Information to check

System Information

3) externally does it look ok? does it make any weird noises?

You can pick up some 2nd hand bargians or you could get a lemon. Try to get a friend who knows a bit about computers to help you.

If your a ludite:
:o:D

Even one 'd' short that was good.

I used to do car boot sales in UK and any old useless electrical or electronic piece of rubbish would sell if you put a sign on it P W O

(Yanks - that's perfect working order) Sounds stupid but the sign really worked every time. Anyway, such a sign is worth as much as the "6 month guarantee" sign at pantip.

What is the point of a second hand computer?? My friend has one and the cd rom is up the spout (that's Limey for broken)

You will save 3000 - 6000 baht but likely find that it is too slow; have endless trips to get it fixed; can't buy spare parts like ram; get laughed at by friends :- the list goes on.

Get a new system for 10-13 thousand baht (no monitor) 'cos it will be 10 times faster; have working guarantees; easy to find parts; easy to upgrade various bits you might want to add later; have a hard drive more than 2 gigs........

Otherwise I have a nice ZX81 you can have, with 16K ram pack and a real keyboard.

Get a new system for 10-13 thousand baht (no monitor) 'cos it will be 10 times faster; have working guarantees; easy to find parts; easy to upgrade various bits you might want to add later; have a hard drive more than 2 gigs........

you can get a brand new machine for about 13-14k baht (including monitor)

I'm looking for a PC that will be used for internet mostly, and am a huge multitasker (keep lots of open windows/applications) - Web, Word Processing, Outlook, MP3, MPEG movies, lots of graphics applications, etc., and not so much for playing games.

Integrated graphics or seperate (chipset on motherboard)?

CPU

Low-cost Celeron vs Pentium 4 processor:

When a Celeron processor isn't good enough?

Most importantly, I'm looking for a reliable system.

Appreciate your advise?

oh you mock but I got a BBC+ with a whopping 32K ram and programmed it for my father's business when I was 16 (1985) - he used it until 2003 when he sold the business. It was even Y2K compatible. He had to go to NASA for spare parts though, as the shuttle still uses such equipment. (true)

oh you mock but I got a BBC+ with a whopping 32K ram and programmed it for my father's business when I was 16 (1985) - he used it until 2003 when he sold the business. It was even Y2K compatible. He had to go to NASA for spare parts though, as the shuttle still uses such equipment. (true)

Always wanted that BBC+ when i was young, ever since i saw Blue Peter :D

Had a lot of them since then. Always found that having the latest model for about 9 months and then reselling is the best way for your investment to remain up to date.

Just received two weeks ago my latest pc (swapped for a laptop) only 100 euro surcharge for me :D.

Pentium 4 3.2

160 gb HD

512 ram

All new PCIe motherboard

SB 5.1 audigy

Ati x300

+

A 19" Flat Screen :D Wauw this is a fine screen :o