Best 'worst' Isp Excuses

niller74

True 4MPS in BKK

At times the speed will drop to dial-up snail pace. And there was a couple weeks when web sites would not load completely (red crosses in lieu of pics, for instance)

1/ Your line is not good, you must contact your apartment manager (my personal, dedicated True line runs outside the building straight from their box in the street to my apt).

2/ Disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, etc... your modem.

3/ If you have a filter it's the filter.

4/ You have virus.

5/ True Internet is good, it must be your PC that's bad.

I've given up calling True when the line drops down. Just read a book, go out, watch TV and weather the bad connexion time.

Not really an excuse, but another classic moment. I was forwarded to tech support and told them i was frustrated that no one was returning my calls after many times of being promised that a technician would get back to me. On this particular call, they hadn't even asked my name or number.

Maxnet: "OK, we will have a technician check your line and call you back."

Me: "Really? What number are you going to call?"

Maxnet: "We will call you at home."

Me: "OK, so what is my phone number?"

Maxnet: "Sorry? i don't understand."

Me: "You just said your are going to call me back, right?"

Maxnet: "Yes."

Me: "So tell me what number you are going to call. I haven't told you who i am or what my number is."

Maxnet: "It's......we will...... [CLICK] "

Just curious : isn't your phonenumber automatically displayed on the receiver's screen ? :o

Not really an excuse, but another classic moment. I was forwarded to tech support and told them i was frustrated that no one was returning my calls after many times of being promised that a technician would get back to me. On this particular call, they hadn't even asked my name or number.

Maxnet: "OK, we will have a technician check your line and call you back."

Me: "Really? What number are you going to call?"

Maxnet: "We will call you at home."

Me: "OK, so what is my phone number?"

Maxnet: "Sorry? i don't understand."

Me: "You just said your are going to call me back, right?"

Maxnet: "Yes."

Me: "So tell me what number you are going to call. I haven't told you who i am or what my number is."

Maxnet: "It's......we will...... [CLICK] "

Just curious : isn't your phonenumber automatically displayed on the receiver's screen ? :o

I was calling from my cell phone, no connection to my account. I don't think they would get embarrassed and hang up if they were doing everything correctly.