Snow.............

nogutsnoapplepie

I think there's a snow playing area in Dream World. :o

About 12 years ago there was a very cold snap up in the north that brought about heavy morning frosts. Don't know about actual snowing though.

Ajarn may clue you in more about this.

I've only seen hail. That was already quite remarkable.

But for snow you need low temperatures AND precipitation at the same time. While it may be cold enough in some areas at some elevations up North-North East, those times are also during the dry season.

Why is it that whenever someone uses a Thai font in a post, as in Nogut's post, all the text on other pages and forums becomes smaller? I've tried largening the text size using the View options on the browser but it doesn't do any good.

Anyone else have this problem?

:o

I once asked a Geography Lecturer this and he didn't know so he went off and did some research and told me that the last time snow had been recorded as falling in Thailand was at Phu Kradung in Loei Province in January 1987.

He went on to explain that although it can get cold enough to snow in Northern and NEastern Thailand nearly every year, the lack of moisture in the air makes it as rare as rocking horse shit.

I once asked a Geography Lecturer this and he didn't know so he went off and did some research and told me that the last time snow had been recorded as falling in Thailand was at Phu Kradung in Loei Province in January 1987.

He went on to explain that although it can get cold enough to snow in Northern and NEastern Thailand nearly every year, the lack of moisture in the air makes it as rare as rocking horse shit.

U mean Locking Horse <deleted>? :o

As said only in the mountains of Loei Province and not very often. I have seen severe hail storms here in Bangkok a few times. One was golf ball size chunks and lasted about 15 minutes. Did considerable damage. Mostly to the many Thai kids (and above) who ran out to play in it. :o

Last year it hailed up here in Chiangrai and almost everyone had broken roof tiles. An hour after it fell a neighbor came by and asked everyone how many tiles were broken on thier houses. Every neighborhood in all the affected villages had someone who did this. The next day they delivered half of the amount damaged to everyone....from the government....free! Of course some of you out there will think this sucks since we only got 50% but I don't think there is any place in farangland where you would get this kind of service from the government. I'm talking next day service here!!!

Way to go, Thailand!!!

Yep it does get Cold there in Phu Kradung. 14c at night now already, January it will get down to single digits, and up in the mountain it may well hit Zero.

I love that area. :o

Loei Province is one of Thailand's nicest provinces.

Lets hope the smelly dreadlocks crew don't 'discover' it.

Yes Fart,

Loei is very nice, Kiwi James lives a few Kms from Phu Kradung, I also have land in the same place. It is a very very nice area, fuxing freezing cold water though!!

Hot shower is a must in the Winter months, they heat water for me in a big metal bowl...................too cold to shower for a delicate soul like me otherwise. :o

I am going up the mountain ( Phu Kradung ) in the New year, I will take some temperatures and some pictures and post them in the members photo gallery.

That area is really nice. :D

Should more snow come to Thailand better teach an old Eskimo-wisdom to the children:

"NEVER, eat yellow snow!"

Eskimo men sometimes let other men sleep with their wives. Often the point was to affect some desired outcome such as better weather or hunting conditions.

39638.jpg

Sounds like it's the same in Thailand, except the desired out come is to get the farang's cash :D

Nice photo...... she looks like my wife's aunties...... perhaps there's a connection between Eskimo's and Isaan people at the time of the ice age :o