Can I Get A Work Permit With A Non-imm Ed Visa?

Just realized from reading heaps of stuff on here that I can't do alot of things without a work permit, can I apply for one of those while I got a non-immigrant ED type visa. The visa says clearly in large not so friendly letter, NO WORK PERMITTED. Is that the same for all of them O B etc...

well the specific reason is I would like to be able to get a motorbike so I don't have to hump my butt 4km to school each day. I would like to open a bank account so I don't have to keep cash on me. I would like to get a telephone line, internet without having to use cafes..... and the list goes on, are they specific enough?? or do you feel that just because I'm a student I should live like pauper. If I didn't need it then I wouldn't have asked.

well the specific reason is I would like to be able to get a motorbike so I don't have to hump my butt 4km to school each day. I would like to open a bank account so I don't have to keep cash on me. I would like to get a telephone line, internet without having to use cafes..... and the list goes on, are they specific enough?? or do you feel that just because I'm a student I should live like pauper. If I didn't need it then I wouldn't have asked.

Owning a motorbike: NO WP needed, just a paper from immigration confirming your address. Bring rental contract with you when applying for said paper.

Getting drivers license for above motorbike: NO work permit required. Just any non immi visa, including the ED one, along with above mentioned residence paper and a medical certificate (200 Baht, any clinic).

Bank account No WP needed. It might be asked for but is in fact not needed, bringing along one of those residence paper will more then likely secure a bank account, if not try the next branch where you'll be virtually guaranteed an account!

Telephone line Both TT&T and TOT do not require a WP, True (when in Bkk) might.

Internet Pretty much all ISP's have NO requirement for a WP, again, apart from True maybe.

In fact, for a phone line and internet from TT&T (Maxnet) only you passport is required! Nothing else. With TOT you'll need some help from the land lord for agreement signature and I think a copy of land title deed and/or house book.

Anything else you need a workpermit for?

a credit card......

the bank has told me no WP no account, so go figure, you say its not needed, the BANK says it is, who to listen to?

I dont want to work here, that is not why I want it, it just seems it is required in so many areas to establish a mainstream lifestyle.

Alot of banter over a simple question really, can I get one or not? What does it matter to either of you if I get one? Am I stealing your jobs or something? I really can't see why this attack started, is this what its like here.