60 Day Visa For Indonesia In Bangkok?

ThunderDuck

U dont need applying for visa if its only for 30 days, just get VOA at the airport for 25USD. But if you planned to stay more than 30 days then yes you need to get visa before departure. But again, its depend on your nationality because some nationality needs to get visa before no matter how long they will stay

A friend of mine just obtained 60 days visa to Indonesia. Apply in the Indonesia embassy right beside Pantip Plaza. Cost approx 40USD ( has to be in US Dollar ) One week proccess.

Ticket return will need to be shown with the application.

A friend of mine just obtained 60 days visa to Indonesia. Apply in the Indonesia embassy right beside Pantip Plaza. Cost approx 40USD ( has to be in US Dollar ) One week proccess.

What other paperwork did your friend have to show?

AFAIK the Indo embassy takes two working days to issue a 60-day tourist visa, and accepts Baht. Drop Monday morning, collect Wednesday afternoon. In contrast to general consular practice, a return ticket must also be shown. Evidence of travel funds is not requested in Bangkok but it is in their U.K. embassy, together with a letter from one's employer ... never seen such BS requirements for a tourist visa.

1/2 photos required for tourist visa. A photo is also nominally required for visa-on-arrival but not normally requested, or waived for a $5 tip.

Prior to 2003, 60-day permits were issued free at port-of-entry. Stupid bu**ers really know how to encourage their tourist industry, don't they?

Edited by Trevor

Just your ticket return and passport pics along with the appication. It was a month ago and we saw many ppl got kicked out cuz they brought THB instead USD but I dont know now. I guess its all depends on the mood of the cashier then...

Just your ticket return and passport pics along with the appication. It was a month ago and we saw many ppl got kicked out cuz they brought THB instead USD but I dont know now. I guess its all depends on the mood of the cashier then...

So, you don't need to have a letter from a sponsor in indo?

So:

1.passport

2.return ticket

3.pics

4.money (usd)

5. application

An Indonesian sponsor is only required for Business or Sosial Budaya visas.

Since 2003 the Indonesians have been childishly imposing more-onerous visa conditions on Westerners in reponse to the long-standing difficulties Indonesians have had in travelling to the West -- actually no different to those imposed on the pragmatic Thais. They don't seem to understand the fundamentals of immigration and economics, nor do they seem to care much about their tourist trade. Oh well, at least it keeps the British lager louts out!

If you don't want to faff about applying for a 60-day tourist visa, a real practical option to consider is just to flying to Malaysia on cheap Air Asia, and then directly back. Don't forget to get the Malaysian immigration stamps!

Edited by Trevor

So, you don't need to have a letter from a sponsor in indo?

So:

1.passport

2.return ticket

3.pics

4.money (usd)

5. application

No,not at all..its only 60days tourist visa...unless its bussiness and other visas...

• 9 months later...

Is this information still valid? Can a 60 day visa for Indonesia still be obtained in Bangkok?

Also, it says that a return ticket needs to be shown. I think this means that a plane ticket that is already paid for, leaving Indonesia, needs to be shown. The problem is how can someone book a ticket without knowing if they will get a 60 day visa? The embassy may only issue 30 days.

Is this information still valid? Can a 60 day visa for Indonesia still be obtained in Bangkok?

Also, it says that a return ticket needs to be shown. I think this means that a plane ticket that is already paid for, leaving Indonesia, needs to be shown. The problem is how can someone book a ticket without knowing if they will get a 60 day visa? The embassy may only issue 30 days.

I think - you can go there without visa,but with ticket and you will get 7 days/10$ or 30days/30$ at the airport saving himself a lot of stress,time and what else..also they will not want pictures - another saving.Booking in ticket - can be changed.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm off to Banda Aech in October and it seems there is still not VOA available there. I'm only going for about 2 weeks so a 30 day visa would be fine. Just wondering how long the visa is valid for? Could I go to get the visa now but not use it until I go in October?

Thanks

PS. Has anyone else heard about the VOA situation in Aech?

As I am livining in Bali I have been to the Bangkok Indonesian embassy many times and can tell you that:

You need US $ for the visa

You need a return ticket

If your passport is ok and you have the 2 photos you will get a visa for 2 months, no problem.

• 4 months later...
Before I go to the Embassy tomorrow, is this the right application form?

visa_form_02.pdf

Btw, maybe I am reading with my nose, but I can't find anything about single entry tourist visa for 2 months on the website.

http://www.kbri-bangkok.com/about_embassy/...tml#servicevisa

Hope to leave this Friday, so fingers crossed...

Am still wondering which visa to choose from this page

http://www.kbri-bangkok.com/about_embassy/...onsular_01.html

Am I missing something?

• 3 months later...
As I am livining in Bali I have been to the Bangkok Indonesian embassy many times and can tell you that:

You need a return ticket

If your passport is ok and you have the 2 photos you will get a visa for 2 months, no problem.

Has anyone else confirmed that you MUST HAVE an exiting Indo flight ticket?? what if one wants to travel outbound by ferry...eg. to Singapore?? 

Before I go to the Embassy tomorrow, is this the right application form?

visa_form_02.pdf

Btw, maybe I am reading with my nose, but I can't find anything about single entry tourist visa for 2 months on the website.

http://www.kbri-bangkok.com/about_embassy/...tml#servicevisa

Hope to leave this Friday, so fingers crossed...

Looking at this link, the embassy of Indo doesn't say anywhere that a 60 day tourist visa is even available??!! 

Has there been a change since the older posts in this thread? 

One other question. If i get a 60 day tourist visa for Indo in March...for entry & stay 60 days in May....but in April i travel to Bali, Indo for 1 week...can i request that the 60 visa be used only for May??

I know that in Thailand, immigration would just laugh & say too bad.

My problem is that after Bali, i will be in KL & it seems from this thread that KL is only giving 30 day tourist visa's?? Can anyone confirm or negate this??

Cheers,

Just found the answer "according to their website"...which is ALWAYS 100% CORRECT RIGHT?!???

http://www.kbrikualalumpur.org/eng/visa.html

Edited by wrazoru

In actual fact...i'm staying only 5 weeks anyway...does anyone know if the VisaOnArrival (30days) can be extended in Jakarta or Bandung?

If so, for how much $$$ & for how many extra days??

For your information,on arrival you can get visa and you are expected to have return ticket - if you do not have,it will "cost" you,in Batam when you arrive by ferry,they do not ask for it.

Now they give only 30 days/25US$ visa,7 days is not available.So,if you want to escape the ticket requirement - go to Singapore or Johor and take ferry to Batam,from there - cheap flight

anywhere you want.

In actual fact...i'm staying only 5 weeks anyway...does anyone know if the VisaOnArrival (30days) can be extended in Jakarta or Bandung?

If so, for how much $$ & for how many extra days??

This is new development:since NewYear 30days visa on arrival is extandable for another 30 days

If so, for how much $ & for how many extra days??

This is new development:since NewYear 30days visa on arrival is extandable for another 30 days

Here's some info on the new developments: 

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html

• 1 month later...

You need a return ticket

Has anyone else confirmed that you MUST HAVE an exiting Indo flight ticket?? what if one wants to travel outbound by ferry...eg. to Singapore??

I am planning a few months in Indonesia, hoping to extend a 60 day tourist visa while there. Question is, being as I must show an onward flight ticket when I apply for the visa in Bangkok, when to book that for? Does it have to be a date within the 60 days, or do the embassy acnowledge that the visa is extendable (up to 4 x 30 days) in Bali etc? Maybe a work around is to book my onward flight when I want it, eg five months after the application date of the visa, and if theres a problem with the application suggest that I wont even be entering indonesia for two or three months, which I understand the visa allows..... maybe this would work for the application, but could be a problem when I enter Indonesia with an onward flight way after my two months will expire...? simply put, do I have to book the onward flight within two months of applying for the visa, even though I intend to extend the visa in Bali, and would therefore have to throw away that (non-exchangable air asia) ticket??? any advice much appreciated :)

Edited by diggers

I am actually in Bali with a 60 days visa from Indo Embassy in BKK.

You need 40 us$ cash, not other values and you must give a photocopy of your return ticket, together with a couple of pics. 3 working days.

I don't think, but I'm not sp sure, you can extend this visa once in Bali.

after a fair bit of research I'm pretty sure you can extend that visa in Bali, up to 4 x 30 days, so long as you have a local sponsor..

what I need to know is does the consulate in Bangkok take that into account when checking your return flight - ie does the return flight have to be within 60 days of the application, or can it be booked later that that?

• 3 weeks later...

Since it is possible now to extend a 30 day via on arrival to 60 days could one extend that further with a sponser?

No proof of return ticket needed as they no longer ask at at the airport in my recent experiences.

Edited by devaram

• 3 weeks later...

My experience today at Indonesian embassy in BKK.

Its right next to Pantip Plaza so its easy to find. Facing Pantip turn right and walk 50m. Big obvious embassy thing. Push the metal door and wander in.

For 60 day tourist visa:

$45US dollars. Must be dollars but visa office will direct you to a shop down the street that will change baht for you (rate was 32.80). The shop opens at 9.00. Its a gem shop next to 'first hotel' & has a money exchange sign outside. Forget name Ploenget Charoen or some such.

2 passport pictures

proof of travel in AND out of Indonesia. I used airasia itinery. They note date, flight & booking reference. Do not think there is any way round this. Agree with earlier posts about just booking the cheapest Air Asia flight out and not using it (AirAsia Aceh-KL = 1300bt)

Visa takes two days; drop off 9.00 - 12.00 ; pick up between 14.00 and 15.00

No queue, helpful staff and a very easy service. In and out in about five minutes.

Did not ask about in-country extension - will do so if I remember on thursaday and post here.

Enjoy Indonesia

• 9 months later...

My experience today at Indonesian embassy in BKK.

Its right next to Pantip Plaza so its easy to find. Facing Pantip turn right and walk 50m. Big obvious embassy thing. Push the metal door and wander in.

For 60 day tourist visa:

$45US dollars. Must be dollars but visa office will direct you to a shop down the street that will change baht for you (rate was 32.80). The shop opens at 9.00. Its a gem shop next to 'first hotel' & has a money exchange sign outside. Forget name Ploenget Charoen or some such.

2 passport pictures

proof of travel in AND out of Indonesia. I used airasia itinery. They note date, flight & booking reference. Do not think there is any way round this. Agree with earlier posts about just booking the cheapest Air Asia flight out and not using it (AirAsia Aceh-KL = 1300bt)

Visa takes two days; drop off 9.00 - 12.00 ; pick up between 14.00 and 15.00

No queue, helpful staff and a very easy service. In and out in about five minutes.

Did not ask about in-country extension - will do so if I remember on thursaday and post here.

Enjoy Indonesia