60 Day Visa For Indonesia In Bangkok?

ThunderDuck

I am curious once the visa (60 day is granted) how many days or months do you have before you must enter? I will not be entering immediately so need to know.

My experience today at Indonesian embassy in BKK.

Its right next to Pantip Plaza so its easy to find. Facing Pantip turn right and walk 50m. Big obvious embassy thing. Push the metal door and wander in.

For 60 day tourist visa:

$45US dollars. Must be dollars but visa office will direct you to a shop down the street that will change baht for you (rate was 32.80). The shop opens at 9.00. Its a gem shop next to 'first hotel' & has a money exchange sign outside. Forget name Ploenget Charoen or some such.

2 passport pictures

proof of travel in AND out of Indonesia. I used airasia itinery. They note date, flight & booking reference. Do not think there is any way round this. Agree with earlier posts about just booking the cheapest Air Asia flight out and not using it (AirAsia Aceh-KL = 1300bt)

Visa takes two days; drop off 9.00 - 12.00 ; pick up between 14.00 and 15.00

No queue, helpful staff and a very easy service. In and out in about five minutes.

Did not ask about in-country extension - will do so if I remember on thursaday and post here.

Enjoy Indonesia

• 3 weeks later...