Need Help To Set Up A Satellite System

Dario

Hi everyone,

I just bought a bungalow in Pattaya on Soi Boon Samphan, opposite Soi 11. I would like to install a sat system and intend to buy a Dynasat 5.5 dish with LNBF and with a Zimplebox 3 here in Bangkok. Unfortunately, the shop where I buy this system (2,900 Baht only) doesn't come to Pattaya to install.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me?

Please PM me or call Dario at 081 495 7355. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just bought a bungalow in Pattaya on Soi Boon Samphan, opposite Soi 11. I would like to install a sat system and intend to buy a Dynasat 5.5 dish with LNBF and with a Zimplebox 3 here in Bangkok. Unfortunately, the shop where I buy this system (2,900 Baht only) doesn't come to Pattaya to install.

Forget it. That way, madness lies. And stay away from JSAT--trust me, I been there and done that and so have others I know. Your system will work fine 3 days then the codes change and you run after codes on the internet every day. Well, sometimes there are none. And then your firmware needs an upgrade. And then you need a whole new box. And your cable--something's wrong. Fix it next week maybe. Whoops, they don't show. Then your questions aren't answered, phone calls and emails not returned. hel_l, they got your money already! It goes 'round and 'round till you're ready for a straightjacket.

Just get cable or UBC and fast internet. That's the best you can do. You ARE in Thailand.

Hi everyone,

Forget it. That way, madness lies. And stay away from JSAT--trust me, I been there and done that and so have others I know. Your system will work fine 3 days then the codes change and you run after codes on the internet every day. Well, sometimes there are none. And then your firmware needs an upgrade. And then you need a whole new box. And your cable--something's wrong. Fix it next week maybe. Whoops, they don't show. Then your questions aren't answered, phone calls and emails not returned. hel_l, they got your money already! It goes 'round and 'round till you're ready for a straightjacket.

Just get cable or UBC and fast internet. That's the best you can do. You ARE in Thailand.

Hi Jsixpack,

you're on a different wave length. The system I bought is a C band FTA system, so no need for keys and firmware upgrade, etc. This system allows my wife to watch her soap operas. Once we have Internet I'll hang on a KU LNB and connect a D....box. Thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers

Hi Jsixpack,

you're on a different wave length. The system I bought is a C band FTA system, so no need for keys and firmware upgrade, etc. This system allows my wife to watch her soap operas. Once we have Internet I'll hang on a KU LNB and connect a D....box. Thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

There are some shops on Sukhumvit who can help you out......

Must agree with this one. I have a D-Move and it’s bloody useless from the 200 something channels there are a handful that can be watched. To get the UBC channels on you FTA (Free To Air) system requires constant updating of the codes and like mentioned your system. Tried it all till I almost went mental.

Don’t expect any decent service, last time they changed something on the dish and it went well for a couple of days. The only positive experience is that when cleaning out my gutters, I find the service man tools in it. Got myself a free screwdriver, hammer and gripper.

Have UBC now, basically a stress free system.

You have a couple of options, If you want to set the sat. yourself Tesco's sell a pointing device which lets you know when you are on the Sat.'s signal, or if you want dream tv they now sell the legal box to people here in Thailand which means you do not have to go through the resetting of the keys/codes ,,,,this new service is offered by Dream network and is legal as stated all you do is pay for one year of service up front and they will ship you the new box and card.

In many respects you are correct.

I originally contacted JSat but I found them very unsatisfactory - both from price point of view, and failure to keep appointments etc. I also found the Kiwi boss extremely arrogant and unhelpful. I know that others who have the JSat system in Pattaya get very bad service when things go wrong.

So I opted for a local guy who installed my stuff and hooked me up to server for half the price. But as you rightly say it was a nightmare, continually crashing and it was very difficult to get them to come round and he was always breaking appointments. He still has one of my boxes for over a year, and no sign of it being fixed.

Then I discovered a company in Bangkok who provides a very good "server" service and they answer every email immediately. They have also fixed my boxes when they burnt out due to lightning surges - a 4 day turn around by EMS.

I get the occasional down time - but probably no worse than UBC, and they always acknowledge a problem and it is usually fixed within 24 hours.

It is great for sport - with uninterrupted coverage of all the major sporting events.

I have been having an excellent time watching the Olympics, with round the clock coverage on 3 channels, and professional English commentary. No down time.

All for 300 Baht a month. :o

• 2 weeks later...