Aftermarket Remote Control For Ac

Having found the perfect tenant at the price I was asking, I agreed to cover the utilities as he is out of town on business alot. I figured that it could not be that expensive.

I visited the guy a few times to check in on how he was doing and each time he had the temperature on the remote set to 19 degrees !!

I have visions of him wearing a coat and drinking hot chocolate in the apartment while laughing with his friends.

His contract is up soon but for future reference :

Is there such a thing as an Air Con remote control unit that can be adjusted so that the minimum temperature it can go down to is 25 degrees ?

The Air Con is a Daiken.

I am sure that anyone who has kids wirth AC in their rooms would also love something like this.

Thanks for the link TTM, I was hoping to fins the holy grail of answers in that link but it seems that there is no concrete way of doing this.

I will give Daiken a call now and see what they have to say.

For those of you who are interested, I have a card attached to the key so that when he leave the apartment the electric to the AC gets switched.

Recently I have been getting complaints from other tenants in the building about the tenants Penguins making alot of noise.

I would say, reduce the price of rent by 1000B and enable the tenant to pay elec by direct billing.

That would make him think how much it is and, at least, cover your loss + more.

Where my wife and my child live, a brand new 1BR, direct billing, 2 aircons (Daikin) set to 24C, the elec bill still goes from 1800-2600B per month.

Of course he should pay the elec bill.

He's away a lot? Fine, his elec bill will be lower.

He uses it, he pays it.

But the whole thread started as it is not "Of course he should pay the elec bill".

Having found the perfect tenant at the price I was asking, I agreed to cover the utilities as he is out of town on business alot. I figured that it could not be that expensive.