Dreambox 101

ruhip

I am trying to start an informative piece on Dreambox in Chiang Mai (I know nothing about it) if you have any information about the below questions, please answer them. I am not looking for people's opinions (God knows you guys have enough of them) just the facts.

Where to buy? I was quoted 15k and 300 baht per month. Looking around it seems expensive.

Can you use the UBC satellite? or do I have to buy a new dish?

Where is the best information available on the Dreambox? Just like most things in Thailand, you must find the information out yourself. This seems to be why most people shy away from Dreambox in Thailand. I feel confident that since people are using these systems worldwide, there must be a proper website, that once I have the equipment I can figure it out myself.

Thanks again, I appreciate any and all information, I appreciate info. that helps me not people's horror stories. I have made up my mind, I am going to get it, and it will work--I'm just trying to shorten the learning curve.

JSAT TV are the main distributors of Dreambox here in Los.Google their site and all will be revealed.

I called JSAT a while back about setting up a big move dish sat system for me and was told that they only deal BKK-Pattaya-Hua Hin area. I would be interested in a reliable sat dealer in CM area; I refuse to ever watch UBC again...

I've had the 'dream 500' [actually a good Chineese knockoff] for more than a year now and bought it from a local CM vendor. I did have some issues at first, but got them ironed out and have had good satelite reception of the aguila satelite for more than a year now.

The dream box can be set up in two different modes...

1] with a smart card that the vendor programs and sells, guaranteed for a year. 4kbaht.

2] with ethernet connection to your broadband hub and no need for the smartcard

I choose #1.

cost of the dream [knockoff] was around 7k and no monthly costs.

and you will need a large 6 or 7 ft dia that they will install

4 yrs now and no UBC!!!= savings of 10's of thousands of baht

pm me for name and location of vendor in CM if interested.

I've had the 'dream 500' [actually a good Chineese knockoff] for more than a year now and bought it from a local CM vendor. I did have some issues at first, but got them ironed out and have had good satelite reception of the aguila satelite for more than a year now.

1] with a smart card that the vendor programs and sells, guaranteed for a year. 4kbaht.

I choose #1.

I am told the dreambox can receive all UBC programmes, if this is so what's the legal standing with UBC?

I choose #1.

I am told the dreambox can receive all UBC programmes, if this is so what's the legal standing with UBC?

if you use the dreambox to receive UBC programming, its illegal. doesn't it seem obvious to you? everyone knows UBC is a monopoly made to milk money out of people who are satisfied paying premium money for unpremium content.

but some people realise that there is better programming out there in the world by pointing their satellite to something other than ThaiCom. this is where the Dreambox shows its true potential.