Temptations, Temptations

lifeisrandom

got into a taxi today and the nice old driver said "ah, okay, but i am going to go buy a bottle of water in 711" the he precedes to leave the keys in the car... it was the hardest 2 and a half minutes of my life, all I wanted to do was hop in the front seat of the taxi and go joy riding. The looks on people's faces when they open the door and get inside would have be priceless.

got into a taxi today and the nice old driver said "ah, okay, but i am going to go buy a bottle of water in 711" the he precedes to leave the keys in the car... it was the hardest 2 and a half minutes of my life, all I wanted to do was hop in the front seat of the taxi and go joy riding. The looks on people's faces when they open the door and get inside would have be priceless.

I Take it you from UK ? :o:D

That depends a little on who committed the crime.

True, but we can safely assume that the poster here is not part of the Sakdina elite, a top ranked military or police officer, or member of one of the influental Thai-Chinese busines clans.

Therefore he will get fecked.

What the look of relief when they realise theres somebody behind the wheel that can actually "DRIVE"

True, but we can safely assume that the poster here is not part of the Sakdina elite, a top ranked military or police officer, or member of one of the influental Thai-Chinese business clans.

Agent Fox Mulder ?

The Truth Is Out There. We believe you, but we'ld all be grateful if you would take your medication ...

True, but we can safely assume that the poster here is not part of the Sakdina elite, a top ranked military or police officer, or member of one of the influental Thai-Chinese business clans.

Agent Fox Mulder ?

The Truth Is Out There. We believe you, but we'ld all be grateful if you would take your medication ...

I wonder if you even know what Sakdina means, you clown.

you really think i would get 6 years for joy riding a taxi? i would have to pay a fine, maybe get kicked out of country and that would the end of it.

unlike america where the government makes money sending people to jail, here they make money keeping you out of jail.

[/quote

ok, i take it you have nicked a car in your life before?, as a previous post mentioned, this aint the UK, do this and i would rather be arrested by the police, as the Taxi Mafia would probably kill you !

P.S - are you from Liverpool?

I Take it you from UK ? :o:D

Seen a few Aus progs where they nick cars too.

But we brits are good at that :D

Agent Fox Mulder ?

I wonder if you even know what Sakdina means, you clown.

I think a number of members would agree with your inital statement. Ther have been far too many examples in the courts which have proved that there are variences in sentences and convictions depending on a persons social standing. The case of Mooham crashing his Merc into the crowded bus stop is a prime example of how the law is enforced.

As for Sakinda, he probably doesn't, but even now I'd hazzard a guess that it still has a significant influence.

I once asked a taxi driver if I could drive and he pulled over and got out the car and we swapped seats. I drove the rest of the way home.

Just ask, most will let you :o

I had a buddy that was a taxi driver. Myself, the gf, my taxi buddy and another guy had a night out. When it was time to go home, the taxi driver and his buddy were pretty drunk. The gf refused to get in the car with them in that state. So, I ended up driving the taxi across town. We were stopped at a police check point and the cop was surprised to see me driving with two locals singing and hugging a bottle of Crown Royal in the back seat. He apparently didn't want to know more and kind of half waved me on and had a bewildered look on his face. The gf friend and I had a big belly laugh and continued on. Ever since then, I brag that I have been a taxi driver in Bangkok. Cheers

I once asked a taxi driver if I could drive and he pulled over and got out the car and we swapped seats. I drove the rest of the way home.

Just ask, most will let you :o

I had a buddy that was a taxi driver. Myself, the gf, my taxi buddy and another guy had a night out. When it was time to go home, the taxi driver and his buddy were pretty drunk. The gf refused to get in the car with them in that state. So, I ended up driving the taxi across town. We were stopped at a police check point and the cop was surprised to see me driving with two locals singing and hugging a bottle of Crown Royal in the back seat. He apparently didn't want to know more and kind of half waved me on and had a bewildered look on his face. The gf friend and I had a big belly laugh and continued on. Ever since then, I brag that I have been a taxi driver in Bangkok. Cheers

A good story, but to cap it off you really needed to attempt to pick up a passenger! If the others weren't in the car with you just imagine a Thai waving you down and asking to go to Pattanakarn before noticing your face, you then keep a serious look, turn round and do the "mai bai, rot it".. Priceless.

<deleted> is a taxi mafia?

OK, I guess you don't live on Koh Samui. :D

or anywhere in Thailand :o

This is why I like thaivisa. You guys have the mind but are really nice people. man I have done some stupid things on impulse behavior the list is endless and I think I still ready to continue. I would try and fly a plain if given the chance… please don’t call me Mr Bean though.

Long story but I F@ked up a bus pretty badly.

Some taxis will be organized like the MOB but there a lot of old dudes who would work for some ells or drive there own crappie one for them self.

Some taxis will be organized like the MOB but there a lot of old dudes who would work for some ells or drive there own crappie one for them self.

Yep, that'about it.

In Bangkok the sort of "taxi mafia" is parking around Patpong, and in front of some hotels in Sukhumvit. Some specialized in ripping off upcountry Thais are based at the bus stations. Their "power" though is limited to where they are. They chase away other taxies, they can get really ugly as a pack exactly there, and nowhere else. Outside where they park, they are nothing, and not to be feared.

Almost all taxi drivers are either driving with their own taxies, or rent it from a smaller or bigger 'uh-taxi'. Most are nice guys, and some are <deleted> - just like in real life.

Very different from motorcycle taxies, they are part of organised crime almost everywhere. In the way that the owners of the stands are part of organised crime, and if a motorcycle tai driver wants to work, he has to buy his shirt, price depends on location and can be in the best locations tenthousands of Baht.

But that doesn't mean that their are all <deleted>, most are nice, as long as one is not stupidly looking for trouble.

Not knowing the correct definition for the word Mafia, but it seems to me that this word is being used in any connection these days (inflation). Especially when someone has a monopoly.

I guess if 3-4 guys work together outside a mall, pick pocketing, they are a mafia organisation then?

:o:D