The Thai Justice System - Do You Have Faith In It?

GuestHouse

Do you belive the Thai Justice System Delivers Justice  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel the justice system wiil deliver, though it takes a long time and you need to have good people on your side. A bad lawyer in any country is a mistake. Here is not a lot different. I had one lawyer on my 'case' and he backed down. I'll never know why for certain but I think it was family/friends links etc.

Currently I have a lawyer fighting a case for me. I was introduced to him through friends. When he heard what had happened to me he told me he does not want a fee !!! I am getting his work for free though I did have to pay the judge the grand sum of 5,000 Baht.

Now 4 months and I am waiting for the judge to say his investigations are complete. Takes sooooo long but is it any different elsewhere?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai Justice System - Do You Have Faith In It?

The Lower Courts of Thailand:

images1.jpg

The Upper Courts of Thailand:

images2.jpg

I' ll go along with that ... the higher the profile of the case/more serious it is, the more likely the judiciairy (and cops) are going to ensure all I's are dotted and all T's are crossed i.e. more likely things are going to be done by the book.

As for another comment - no rich folk locked up - true, true: the quality of your defence is as likely in Thailand to be related to how much you can afford to pay, as it is elswhere in the world.

There are some very sharp criminal lawyers in Thailand who are capable of getting away with saying "Good Morning" at 11pm - but they don't come cheap.