The Thai Justice System - Do You Have Faith In It?

GuestHouse

Do you belive the Thai Justice System Delivers Justice  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't find many rich people in Jail, then again, that's pretty common in many countries.

Personally I've had no need of The Thai Justice system, but it seems that money talks, as in many other countries, ask O. J. Simpson.

Then again, I'd rather get caught for theft in Thailand than Saudi . :o

Edited by Maigo6

it is hard to really receive justice anywhere. bureaucracies have made it impossible to to receive justice using the proper channels. I have been trying to receive justice for about a year now with some people that stole my money. nothing ever happened even though the police know everything about it and know who did it. AsianPay ... they will steal your money and get away with it.

its good to know if i do something wrong i can buy my way out of trouble

and its also good to know if someone does me wrong I can have them killed and then pay my way out of that.

therefore, who needs the police to deliver justice? Don Corleone style justice for me please.

One caveat I would make is, when I voted that I thought I would be poorly served by the Thai justice system, I was working under the assumption that I had done nothing wrong or was the victim of a crime. I satnd by that vote. If I actually commited a crime I think I would probably end up serving less time than if I'd commited the same infraction elsewhere. Some of the nicest houses here belong to state prosecuters I've noticed.

The Thai Justice System - Do You Have Faith In It?

The Lower Courts of Thailand:

images1.jpg

The Upper Courts of Thailand:

images2.jpg

Exactly.

Look at the way the Henry, Del PInto, Aussi shooting American, Kanchanaburi killer cop cases are/were handled. :o

Lower courts are as much in need of a total reform as the Thai police is, corruption is rampant.

Well we discuss crime quite a bit - but what about Justice - What are your views on the Thai Justice System?

Most people who start topics kick it off with a story or an opinion or an experience, and then invite comments, agreement/disagreement opinions or whatever.

But you never give us your views.

Let's hear what you have to say - or are you worried that people may take pot shots at you? :o

Well we discuss crime quite a bit - but what about Justice - What are your views on the Thai Justice System?

Most people who start topics kick it off with a story or an opinion or an experience, and then invite comments, agreement/disagreement opinions or whatever.

But you never give us your views.

Let's hear what you have to say - or are you worried that people may take pot shots at you? :o

There is a distinct difference between posting to express a view and posting to gather the views of others.

If, for example, I asked this question and gave my own view, then that would invite comment on my own view - I've tried to structure the question to be neutral so that it doesn't itself give an opinion.

I'd rather not find out the hard way....too many variables. I know of two people personally ( both Thais ) who did not recieve justice. The first, got 2 years imprisonment for buying a fan off a friend for 300 baht. His 'friend' neglected to tell him it was stolen and he was charged with accepting stolen goods. He had no legal representation at all. The second is a friend who runs a travel agents near Khao Sahn Road. She took a lease out on a building for 3 years. After 1 year the owner changed his mind and wanted to evict her to develop the sight. She hired a lawyer to fight the case. He told her she was sure to win. She believed him, lost the case and ended up 500,000 baht worse off.She had every faith in the law before the case....but none now. Its a lottery made worse by trying to find legal representation you can trust at a price you can afford. Best not to put it to the test. :o