No Sound

jackyseymour

Had an error message yesterday saying 'not enough disk space' when I tried to open Photoshop. Okay, I get a bit carried away with downloading free software I think I might find interesting in the future and so went to my control panel to jettison some of it. But must have inadvertently jetissoned more than I thought as today, no sound from anything! What have I gone and done? :D:o

Use a restore point and go back to where it was working. Try removing them a little at a time and keep restore points so you don't have to back all the way up again.

First, thanks for taking the trouble to reply :D Could you walk me through it a bit more please? I went into System Restore and the box was checked saying all restoration turned OFF. When I unchecked it, it said I wouldn't be able to track what to restore :o So I go into System Restore, and ... (Will save me another trip to the computer shop :D ) Thankyou.

If the box was checked, you are out of luck as you will not have any restore points. If you deleted software for your sound card try to re-install it. I guess you did check that you haven't by accident muted the sound or lowered the volume?

If the box was checked, you are out of luck as you will not have any restore points. If you deleted software for your sound card try to re-install it. I guess you did check that you haven't by accident muted the sound or lowered the volume?

Aaaaach. No. Tried Sounds and Audio Devices 'Properties' - 'No Audio Device'. Guess it's another trip to my friendly computer guy :o