Hello all,

im doing a research of tourists in Thailand, does anyone have any good ideas of how to get it done efficiently? i have a more then 200, one paper questionnaires I wish the tourists would answer to. Is it easy to just go for the tourists and ask them to fill it out, or how could it be done smoothly? Im a bit bored of walking after people, but is it easy way to get answers? Anyone have any experience ?

You could always go to the Bus/Train station or airport and catch them while they are waiting with nothing to do. It may increase the number of people willing to help with your survey.

I don't know if this group counts as tourists or not, but why don't you post it here and collect your replies? You would get a full spectrum of answers and I bet some funny ones too.

Most people on vacation that are stopped on the street for surveys, think they are being approached by time shares sellers. And that usually is the case.

im doing a research of tourists in Thailand, does anyone have any good ideas of how to get it done efficiently? i have a more then 200, one paper questionnaires I wish the tourists would answer to. Is it easy to just go for the tourists and ask them to fill it out, or how could it be done smoothly? Im a bit bored of walking after people, but is it easy way to get answers? Anyone have any experience ?

Hire some students, you can get it done in one day for a couple of thousand baht probably. Best to pick on tourists when they are waiting somewhere with nothing to do.

Thanks, I have been on the beaches, and quite many tourists are willing to answer there. I don't have anything to give for the tourists for them to answer me, I'm hoping they won't need or ask for anything. I could post my questionnaire here too, not sure though how reliable answers would I get. But we'll try..

As Crushdepth said, hire some college students.

My gf and I were in Royal Garden - Pattaya and two attractive college women were standing around with forms in their hands.

My gf, being the inquisitive type, jumped at them to see what they were up to, and to offer me as their first--or near first guinea pig.

She convinced them to be more aggressive about talking to the tourists who were there, and it did motivate them to get more people to start filling out the surveys.

Find an a/c location, make sure you have plenty of pens available, something firm to write on, a little snack for then, or their kids, etc.

Good Luck