Nice And Romantic Thai Restaurant For My Gf

fredovitch13

Hello,

I would like to find a nice thai restaurant, a bit romantic, with sea view in Phuket and not very expensive if it's possible :o

Do you know a place? I would like to celebrate his birthday...

That's nice to u

Fred

"HIS" birthday?

Kan Eang@pier next to Chalong pier is romantic and has a great sea view.

There are a few nice and good ones on the way from Patong to Kamala.

Gerd

Be warned about the Hin Tung resturant.. I had the worst food poisoning of my life from there.. Well that can happen anywhere I guess but I have now heard from friends that 2 other groups who eat there also had terrible food poisoning. Thats 3 separate groups !!

My thinking is the fish is up at the top of the stairs on ice.. We all ordered from the tables at the bottom (its a beautifully laid out place at night) and so they chose our fish. As a place thats almost empty all the time they probably try to use the older stock or something.

Anyway.. Just consider it a warning.. 3 from 3 for poisoning says something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Hello,

I would like to find a nice thai restaurant, a bit romantic, with sea view in Phuket and not very expensive if it's possible :o

That's nice to u

Fred

At Rawai beach are restaurants where you can sit basically on mats, on the sand with candlelight.

Bring your own booze/wine and it can be really inexpensive. Whole fish, rice a few other dishes you can do at 700thb

I tend to take girlfriends there when I am looking for silmilar.

Baan Rim Pa near Patong (Kalim Bay) is quite nice, but a little more expensive than the rest.

I really really liked the restaurant at Prom Thep, get a car and drive down there. Really worth it. It sits up high on a cliff overlooking a nice bay. The restaurant is outdoors and has a really big garden full of thai plants, etc. The food was cheap and quite nice. I'm looking forward to getting back there again to go to this restaurant.

i agree with Ratri Jazztaurant. i really like it there. start off with sunset cocktails on the deck, and move inside for dinner whilst listening to their great jazz band.

They need to install an elevator or an escalator as that haul up there is a pain in the arse.

Also, don't they serve fusion food, better known as "confusion"?

if you dont want to take the 100 (yes, i counted them) stairs up, you can actually drive up to the very top level and walk on over.

i remember that the owner (forget his name sorry, but i can picture him) told me that his food WASNT fusion, as he thought that was CONFUSION. haha. in fact, when i went there, (i remember his name now) Jay ordered for us and the food was delicious. it wasnt what i would call fusion, but it was a different slant on thai food for sure.

besides, huggybear, taking the stairs justifies dessert.

If you are interested in truly authentic Thai food and would appreciate very reasonable prices, I suggest Paak Naam Seafood. This restaurant overlooks Phuket Bay to the East of downtown Phuket. The easiest way to get there is to travel North along the main highway from downtown Phuket and take a right turn at the four-way intersection which leads to "Baan Khu Khu" (the left turn leads to Ratchapat University). Travel up on this road about three kilometers. The restaurant is on the hill on the left-hand side of the road.

Paak Naam is a favorite of the local community. For more information, see http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html .

besides, huggybear, taking the stairs justifies dessert.

But if I have a heart attack on the way up, I won't even get to dinner :o !

I haven't eaten at Ratri so cannot have an opinion one way or another, I have been to Baan Rim Pa, and was not impressed. Way overpriced and really not that great.

Flavors restaurant on the way into the Baan Thai in Patong has some great food. I once had an avocado filled with crabmeat appetizer there that was REALLY FREAKIN GOOD !!!!

Now I'm hungry............

In the Patong area, Pan Yaah has authentic Thai food and a great view over Kalim bay and Patong.

It's just outside of Patong on Prabaramee Rd (the road toward Kamala), and right on the water. Every time we've been there, the food and service has been excellent and the prices very reasonable.

In the Patong area, Pan Yaah has authentic Thai food and a great view over Kalim bay and Patong.

It's just outside of Patong on Prabaramee Rd (the road toward Kamala), and right on the water. Every time we've been there, the food and service has been excellent and the prices very reasonable.

It's been under rennovation the last two months. I was by last week, still not open.

• 2 weeks later...
Suggest 9th floor at Sky Inn, Patong. Real European cocktail bar feel, great food, stunning views over Patong Bay. A litle pricey, but well worth it.

I agree totally. However, the girls at the 9th floor are distracting if you are with a girlfriend. I used to live in an apartment on the 9th floor and it is hard to pass by every night. And the food isn't bad either.

There is one up on a cliff I think after Karon on the way back towards Phuket town, looks out over the sea from up high, sometimes has a band and is cheap enough. Beautifull. Other wise Jazz restuarant is good in Patong, nice beer too, and the band is awsome. Jazz is up near Andaman road on the corner to go around to Andaman Resort.

• 8 months later...
There is one up on a cliff I think after Karon on the way back towards Phuket town, looks out over the sea from up high, sometimes has a band and is cheap enough. Beautifull. Other wise Jazz restuarant is good in Patong, nice beer too, and the band is awsome. Jazz is up near Andaman road on the corner to go around to Andaman Resort.

I like Kaneng Pier in Chalong. Been there many times. Never diappointed. 

Hello,

I would like to find a nice thai restaurant, a bit romantic, with sea view in Phuket and not very expensive if it's possible :D

That's nice to u

in Patong beach near Impena hotel have resturand on the beach and Kan eang resturand chalong pier this very romantic and very good food and price but you have to booking befor go because some time not have place.:))