What Are The Most Wonderful And Horrible Things About Thailand..

BrooklynKid

The most wonderful thing about Thailand.....it has to be the Beaches and Islands. They are so beautiful. I have been from Byron Bay Australia (is that how you spell byron bay?) to Utila Honduras and back. But Thailand has I think in my opinion has the most beautiful I have seen.

Now the most horrible thing for me has to be The Traffic and Drivers.wow.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from a colder climate the heat and humidity have to be worst as that is a constant. Everything else can be regulated in respect of coming into contact with.

The best? The way of life here. So slow and laid back in many ways. None of that mad rush back home and dog eat dog.

Being from a colder climate the heat and humidity have to be worst as that is a constant. Everything else can be regulated in respect of coming into contact with.

The best? The way of life here. So slow and laid back in many ways. None of that mad rush back home and dog eat dog.

Where are you from?

Well for a start i have never had a drunken ask for a beer only to offer me a beer.

THE MOST WONDERFUL------------ my gfand stepson,gave me a new life i never thought i would have again.

THE MOST HORRIBLE------------- Seeing some of my farang friends mistreating their gf/wives or farangs mistreating thai ladies/bg/etc.

Good: Warmth, Food, Low cost of living, friendly people, laid back attitude (can be good and bad depending on what you want to accomplish), Cheap price for building a house.

Bad: Taxi drivers, low educational standard, government dumbing down the poor, visa restrictions (in & out), shemales, Thai TV.

Good: Warmth, Food, Low cost of living, friendly people, laid back attitude (can be good and bad depending on what you want to accomplish), Cheap price for building a house.

Bad: Taxi drivers, low educational standard, government dumbing down the poor, visa restrictions (in & out), shemales, Thai TV.

Thai tv IS pretty bad!

Best #1 : The climate, meaning that I can go out in little more than a tee shirt and pair of shorts and not be freezing my nuts off.

Best #2 : The easy going attitude of the people with their mai pben rai, live and let live, outlook (except for those in worst #2)

Worst #1 : The way the mind numbing corrupt system serves up third rate facilities to it's citizens and visitors alike and everyone just accepts it.

Worst #2 : Bigoted, hypocritical, narrow minded farangs (but these only seem to exist in cyber space seldom venturing into the real world).

Good: Lots of smiles. Give one - get one most times...

Bad: Definitely Thai television - worst part of this society. Redeeming and noble content would trickle up to positively impact the horrid tangle of bureaucracy in my view.

The most wonderful thing about Thailand.....it has to be the Beaches and Islands. They are so beautiful. I have been from Byron Bay Australia (is that how you spell byron bay?) to Utila Honduras and back. But Thailand has I think in my opinion has the most beautiful I have seen.

personally i think the beaches are crap. give me the south pacific or the caribbean any day.

best of Thailand is the moderate climate. always cloudy and cool. but not too cold that one needs to buy heating oil.

second best is the infrastructure. electricity supply without blackouts, reliable superfast internet connections with 60mbit speed, roads without any potholes, disciplined and polite drivers, at any government office you can have a small talk in english, french, spanish, german and sign language, residence permit issued at entry showing a thousand dollars cash and of course a stable political environment.

I will only talk about what I love about Thailand, since I usually only talk about what I hate.

1. FOOD, Bangkok has by far the best variety of excellent food from around the world and I love food! No Im not fat, Im very fit but I should be fat the way I love food so much. Thai food, Japanese, Italian, European of various incarnations, western, Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern... YUM And its cheap!

2. Work, Thailand has good work opportunities for me.

3. Energy in life, backhome felt.... like we were all just passing time waiting to die, and Im not talking senior citizen waiting.

4. Weather, Im never cold, and I dont mind heat at all, I love it.

Best #1 : The climate, meaning that I can go out in little more than a tee shirt and pair of shorts and not be freezing my nuts off.

Best #2 : The easy going attitude of the people with their mai pben rai, live and let live, outlook (except for those in worst #2)

Worst #1 : The way the mind numbing corrupt system serves up third rate facilities to it's citizens and visitors alike and everyone just accepts it.

Worst #2 : Bigoted, hypocritical, narrow minded farangs (but these only seem to exist in cyber space seldom venturing into the real world).

From Phil: Worst #2 : Bigoted, hypocritical, narrow minded farangs (but these only seem to exist in cyber space seldom venturing into the real world).

Hope that you see the irony there, Phil. lol

my best thai experience,is the look on the faces of our thai neighbours when mrs nignoy put up the new hills hoist (for our pie eating and septic readers itsa carousel washing line)

my worst experience the arrival of yanks in Ubon :o

From Phil: Worst #2 : Bigoted, hypocritical, narrow minded farangs (but these only seem to exist in cyber space seldom venturing into the real world).

Hope that you see the irony there, Phil. lol

No I don't, please explain.

I gave two good points, one serious bad and one tongue in cheek bad. Unless you think corruption is the #1 good point about Thailand.

worst -

heavy import tax. if you want nice stuff here you have to pay 3x what it costs in the USA but Euros are used to their gov's raping them so this does not bother them i guess.

western food here is lousy. many will disagree because they have subpar taste. you cant get a great steak in the entire country, you have to fly to singapore/macau/HK for that.

best -

women

culture

Edited by lifeisrandom

Aint that the truth phil, ill bet half or more in real person are very reserved,.but thailand does seem to attract lets say ( to keep it polite ) some very odd fellows, since living here i have managed to go from about 50 aquantances to 4 that i can say i like, the others i have nothing in common with,.mainly heavy drinkers ,are rude to the girls and thais in general or ballon chasers and severe budgeters, :D ,..its strange but most of the farang in there own countries are ok, some of the ones that move to thailand seem lets say different to keep it polite, :o

The most wonderful thing about Thailand, for this old Thailand Hand, is the Air Quality; in LA with all the wild fires, I had a hard time breathing at time. The Horrible thing the darn old loud Music, which can be a Killer, case in point just a few weeks ago a young 35 year old Thai fellow was motoring along music blasting at full volume. Poor guy near heard the Train :D:o:D sad but true story.

Sorry, I read first that you rush back home to eat dog. :o

Coming from England, the most wonderful thing for me about Thailand is the weather and the steady laid back way of life. I've travelled quite extensively and find this country a pleasure to live in. The worst thing I can think of about Thailand has got to be the crazy motor cycle and car drivers. Living in Bangkok, a few years ago I would have said the pollution, but I feel that is a lot better than when I first came here nine years ago.