PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Why is it so difficult to convince ordinary people (including TV members) that the the PAD wants nothing more than honest and fair politicians who genuinely have the Thai people's interests best at heart.

Maybe because today the whole day on Thai TV is was clear to see how hooded PAD thugs have threatened people with their metal bars and sticks, several people were seen having beaten up by those thugs as well.

So, please, you PAD supporters, finally stop your verbal diarrhea, and finally accept what is shown on TV, and everywhere to read - that PAD is a semi-fascist organization that uses violence as one of their tools to press a completely undemocratic agenda.

At least, stop pretending that you people support democracy - if you support PAD - you either are thick as shit, or you are supporters of a semi-fascist system of government.

After today there is no pretense possible anymore - the government may be lousy, but PAD is completely outside anything resembling democracy.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered that there are both (naive) Chula graduates and rice farmers in the PAD crowd? Why does everything always have to be one or the other?

There is no democracy or freedom to protest in Thailand. There is no people's voice, only the illusion of it.

These people are being allowed to do what they are doing because there are powerful people at the end of their leash.

Comically, in the minds of the protesters they are thinking 'I am making a difference', when all they are doing is getting moved from place to place like a pawn on the chess board.

<<<<Samak is not the PM in less than 7 days.>>>>

Edited by lifeisrandom

Has anyone considered that there are both (naive) Chula graduates and rice farmers in the PAD crowd? Why does everything always have to be one or the other?

There is no democracy or freedom to protest in Thailand. There is no people's voice, only the illusion of it.

These people are being allowed to do what they are doing because there are powerful people at the end of their leash.

Comically, in the minds of the protesters they are thinking 'I am making a difference', when all they are doing is getting moved from place to place like a pawn on the chess board.

Excellent post! Finally, someone says the obvious!

Why is it so difficult to convince ordinary people (including TV members) that the the PAD wants nothing more than honest and fair politicians who genuinely have the Thai people's interests best at heart.

Maybe because today the whole day on Thai TV is was clear to see how hooded PAD thugs have threatened people with their metal bars and sticks, several people were seen having beaten up by those thugs as well.

So, please, you PAD supporters, finally stop your verbal diarrhea, and finally accept what is shown on TV, and everywhere to read - that PAD is a semi-fascist organization that uses violence as one of their tools to press a completely undemocratic agenda.

At least, stop pretending that you people support democracy - if you support PAD - you either are thick as shit, or you are supporters of a semi-fascist system of government.

After today there is no pretense possible anymore - the government may be lousy, but PAD is completely outside anything resembling democracy.

And you saw the PAD 'threatening' people with 'their metal bars and sticks' exactly when? where? The only thing akin to er 'violence', was towards a fence surrounding the government compound. If you have any evidence of the PAD threatening people, please post the link.

Hm. 'semi-fascist'. What exactly do you think you mean by that? Is Samak a 'leftie'?

And your use of the English language indicates to me you are t as s.

What about the anti-PAD thugs who indiscriminately attacked innocent - peaceful and law-abidding protesters in Udon Thani a couple of weeks ago?

Why are you posting on TV with commentary so biased and uninformed?

And you saw the PAD 'threatening' people with 'their metal bars and sticks' exactly when? where? The only thing akin to er 'violence', was towards a fence surrounding the government compound.

Don't you watch the news? They were threatening shopkeepers and beat up a reporter in the street. Plain to see on the TV.

And you saw the PAD 'threatening' people with 'their metal bars and sticks' exactly when? where? The only thing akin to er 'violence', was towards a fence surrounding the government compound. If you have any evidence of the PAD threatening people, please post the link.

Hm. 'semi-fascist'. What exactly do you think you mean by that? Is Samak a 'leftie'?

And your use of the English language indicates to me you are t as s.

Switch on your TV, and watch the news. The whole &lt;deleted&gt; day they have shown the footage.

Samak is of course not a "leftie", don't be ridiculous.

My use of English should indicate that i am not a native speaker. It is just one of three languages i am fluent in, in addition to three others i can keep a very basic communication. Well, and i have forgotten two other ancient languages i learned a long time ago.

Situation will return to normalcy 'in 24 hrs'

(BangkokPost.com) - Government spokesman Wichienchote Sukchotirat said Tuesday

government officials will be able to go back to work on Wednesday.

"Government House will open for business no later than Wednesday

and everything will be backed to normal in 24 hours," he said in the evening.

His statement came despite the fact that thousands of anti-government

protesters besieged the government compound in the afternoon

and declared that they would not leave until the cabinet is toppled.

Pol Lt Gen Wichienchote denied to say how the government will take

control of the situation, saying that the government would like

to keep it confidential.

He also said that Prime Minister Samak will not introduce

emergency decree to quell unrest, saying that the premier

believes that protesters would understand the situation

better and would leave the rally sites.

-- Bangkok Post 2008-08-26

What about the anti-PAD thugs who indiscriminately attacked innocent - peaceful and law-abidding protesters in Udon Thani a couple of weeks ago?

Why are you posting on TV with commentary so biased and uninformed?

So, you have thugs that support the government, and the PAD are a bunch of thugs as well. Disliking one does not mean that you have to support the other.

Uninformed?

What about PAD agenda? Do you support "new politics"? Do you support risking war over Preah Vihear? Becaue that is PAD agenda, and if you do support this, then by definition you are a undemocratic warmonger.

Sorry to be so blunt.

BMA orders closure of 14 schools

Manager Online reported that the permanent secretary for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Pongsak Semsant had issued an urgent order directing all BMA officials to work 24 hours a day, from today to August 31, in preparation for any emergency cases. The BMA also ordered the closure of 14 schools located in the demonstration areas today for safety reason. The BMA also authorised the directors of these schools to continue cancelling teaching classes, if necessary.

-- Bangkok Post web site 2008-08-26

And you saw the PAD 'threatening' people with 'their metal bars and sticks' exactly when? where? The only thing akin to er 'violence', was towards a fence surrounding the government compound.

Don't you watch the news? They were threatening shopkeepers and beat up a reporter in the street. Plain to see on the TV.

Utter rubbish. Back it up. Which channel? What time?

Yet another posting on this forum spouting rubbish with nothing to back it up. 'Plain to see on the TV'. You fool!

I don't really care who wins this battle of minds (surely not the right word here). Comical feed from NBT showing a protester being led from a compound and paraded before the media. He had his hands tied behind his back and then a policeman pulled out what appeared to be a gun? knife? bomb? ruler? Nooooooo ... what looked more like a bunch of cabbage leaves! :o May well be drugs but looked more like a bunch of leaves grabbed off the nearest tree. Poor bloke! Propaganda reaches new levels of comedy. The Iraqi from the Ministry of Funny Laughs will be along soon shouting, "There are no people with yellow shirts in the middle of Bangkok tonight. We have killed all the foreign tyrants and normality has been restored."

I think a number of posters are confusing

'making the PM and Cabinet resign'

with

'forcing the whole congress of ministers and the senate to also resign'.

They want the joint coallition of Samak and his cronies to stop running things

and stop trying the change the constitution by fiat for the big boss's benifit.

The PPP can STILL put in another colaition gevernment with new faces,

maybe led by another party's leader, one who is not about to be canceled

by the courts. And not necessarily the Democrats either.

Many parlimentary systems have had governments fall because

things on the streets went pear shaped.

The opposition didn't necessarily take over.

I think the Cambodian crisis should have been enough to do it.

The whole cabinet voted for something that was against the constitution,

like they had NEVER READ IT.....or ignored it. Totally inept.

And No pa dumb only took the fall.

But that isn't the same as tearing down and starting from scratch.

PAD may indeed want to put in an appointed government for a time,

time enough to dismantle Thaksin's machine up country,

and maybe re-educate the populace a bit.

Sure this is a power struggle old vs new.

But the new, while modernizing, was also extraordinarily rapacious,

and WAY over grasping. It was not a good solution.

People have commented on news coverage.

I remember the coverage under Thaksin.

Billian baht law suits flowed like wine.

Advertisers intimidated enough to stop all ads.

The Post was cowed into pap fluff pieces,

and now seems to have regrown a set of balls finally.

The Nation stood up to the Thaksin machine back then.

And actually now has more business and less politics than it used to.

Is that the only two sources for info here.

No, the average educated Thai will tell you what they think too.

I think many disconnect because it's better than being too frustrated daily.

Oh and 'Bimbo's' is NOT spelled with an 'e'...

And was a word completely out of context and meaning

when it WAS used 'bimboes putting flowers in tanks'

Nary a bimbo in sight in 2006, 'cept maybe on soi Cowboy..

When they broke into the news station this morning..

Utter rubbish. Back it up. Which channel? What time?

Yet another posting on this forum spouting rubbish with nothing to back it up. 'Plain to see on the TV'. You fool!

Retard :o

And the lights are still on with nobody in. Shouldn't be too long now before you get a "holiday"

some people say the best time to make money is to buy stocks when there is blood on the street!!!!!and thats what i have done today!!!!!!!! will buy more if the set is down again!!!! IMHO.... great time to buy stocks!!!

The saying is actually a recommendation to buy property. And from my office window above Walking Street, I still gotta say that it's NOT a good idea for a good number of foreigners to do so.

:o

I got to watch Thai TV for half an hour this evening - haven't seen any golf clubs or violence. There were shots of people in black t-shirts arrested this morning, but I'd rather concur with Sondhi - they don't look like PAD supporters, more like thugs who were beating up people at Central World two years ago almost to the day.

Hopefully tomorrow's papers sort it out, for now it looks like early morning raid on NBT wasn't PAD's work at all.

Hitler was democratic elected

this is a commonly believed misconception.

When the German voters had to decide in the 1932 Presidential election who they wanted to be President, they rejected Hitler and chose Hindenberg as Head of State instead by a huge margin. Hitler gained power by means of manipulating a democratic process - but definitely not through his individual democratic election. The Nazi party never received more than 30 odd per cent of the vote in any election.

I got to watch Thai TV for half an hour this evening - haven't seen any golf clubs or violence. There were shots of people in black t-shirts arrested this morning, but I'd rather concur with Sondhi - they don't look like PAD supporters, more like thugs who were beating up people at Central World two years ago almost to the day.

Hopefully tomorrow's papers sort it out, for now it looks like early morning raid on NBT wasn't PAD's work at all.

That means you don't concurr with Chamlong, who has demanded the release of these people. PAD guard uniform is Black, by the way, with blue, pink or orange bandanas, exactly as shown on TV.

Anyhow, the ones that were without hoods were known PAD guards. If you haven't seen golfclubs or violence, than i would suggest wearing glasses. :o