PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Something really bothers me. A number of people here question the intelligence of Mr. Samak.

If he is so stupid and you are so smart, why is he Thailand PM and you are nobody ?

Please explain

The job of PM under TRT-PPP is not a question of intelligence, it's a matter of lacking judgement, morals and integrity.

One more question. Based on your answer, I'm definitively qualified to rule Thailand, where should I apply ?

Well PPP doesn't seem to want their address listed on the web...

Wonder why?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something really bothers me. A number of people here question the intelligence of Mr. Samak.

If he is so stupid and you are so smart, why is he Thailand PM and you are nobody ?

Please explain

As a Thai Visa nobody, i,ll have a stab at this.

Intelligence is useless and can be very harmful indeed, if it is not used / applied in an honest, helpful way, especially when you represent your country and are supposedly looking after their wellbeing of your electorate / citizens, you are supposed to be elected for.

Very appropriate in regard to the present surrogate P.M. and his underlings ect. ect.

There you are, simple init :o

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

....in our advanced democracy's there would be scores of dead and wounded.

everyone who wants to read the full rant of this truly advanced democrat please click on the little arrow beside his name. i cannot bear the responsibily to repeat this absurd babble. just one sentence should be enough.........and may people not forget, that most of this forum readers are guests in this otherwise beautiful country and behave accordingly.

Please explain

The job of PM under TRT-PPP is not a question of intelligence, it's a matter of lacking judgement, morals and integrity.

One more question. Based on your answer, I'm definitively qualified to rule Thailand, where should I apply ?

Are you a Thai citizen by birth? If yes, be patient and wait for the next election. If no, don’t talk Nonsense.

Edited by Thaising

Rosana is lucky she doesn't live in an advanced western democracy where such illegal acts of anarchy would be promptly put down by riot squads using all reasonable force including trungeons, tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons. She quite obviously has her own agenda.

She lives in a country where the army has massacred demonstrators in the streets on several previous occasions. *Nobody* wants to go there again.

Granted that nobody wants to see a military massacre of protesters. However that does not exclude the use of non-lethal reasonable force (as stated above and as commonly used in more advanced western democracies) to control illegal mobs breaking the law.

Ah yes, trungeons, tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons

ALL of which have killed and maimed people in the past.

But that's reasonable, n'est pas? {irony running wild.}

Please explain

As a Thai Visa nobody, i,ll have a stab at this.

Intelligence is useless and can be very harmful indeed, if it is not used / applied in an honest, helpful way, especially when you represent your country and are supposedly looking after their wellbeing of your electorate / citizens, you are supposed to be elected for.

Very appropriate in regard to the present surrogate P.M. and his underlings ect. ect.

There you are, simple init :o

marshbags :D

Intelligence is rarely a prerequisite for being a successful politician in any country of the world.

Someone know who is who? Friend of Thaksin, friend of Chamlong, friend of who?

Friend of who ?

In an other country this question wouldn't have any sense.

TIT !

He is asking about the spiders web of interaliances between

the army and it's various 'graduating classes' and the political scene

littered with FORMER men and women in uniform from various

army, navy and police 'graduating classes' .

This is important because one of the ways to consolidate power here,

is by manuevering your former classmates into positions around you.

So he wants to see who's getting the upper hand after this reshuffle.

Does PPP have any credible (and less obnoxious) alternatives to Samak? Or is he really the best they have?

Actually several who would be good if not stellar,

if not caught up in the current bunch.

The environment is dragging them down.

And / or they are being cut down by voter anti-corruption laws.

Nature vs nurture.

None are angels, as is the case in politics anywhere.

But if TRT hadn't co-opted all the power bases

their careers might have been quite different.

Friend of who ?

TIT !

But this forum is about Thailand not about an other country.

But thanks for your high value answer.

Intelligence is rarely a prerequisite for being a successful politician in any country of the world.

Absolutely wrong !

Never underestimate your opponent!

As I think have most people suggesting the supposed lack of Samak's "intelligence" makes him an unsuccesful politician.

5 days ago would anyone have bet he would still be there? He may or may not be Einstein, but he is rolling with the punches like the political veteran he is.

From the Nation:

Gen Songkitti endorsed as new supreme commander

Gen Songkitti Jaggabatara was endorsed in the annual military reshuffle as the new Supreme Commander replacing retiring Gen Boonsrang Niumpradit.

Me...don't know... :o

But:

post-13995-1220179597_thumb.jpg

4 months ago: Thai Chief of Joint Staff, General Songkitti Jaggabatara (L) shakes hand with US embassy Bangkok's deputy Chief of Mission, James Entwistle ® during a press conference on joint military exercise " Cobra Gold 2008 " in Bangkok on April 09, 2008. Thailand, the United States, Japan, Singapore and Indonesia participate in the "Cobra Gold 2008" between May 08-21, 2008 in Thailand.

---Getty Images

LaoPo

The only reason Samak hasn't already resigned is because he's terrified he'll have to leave Thailand same same Taksin. And justifiably so. Can you seriously imagine Samak The Globetrotter?

:o:D :D :D :D :(

Well they need celebrity chefs all over. :D

Friend of who ?

TIT !

Agree with you.

In an other country, you would have asked what his political affiliation is. In Thailand you ask who his friends are.

Rosana says government worsens situation with tough police actions

Senator Rosana Tositrakul Sunday said the government has worsened the situation by having police take tough actions against the protesters Friday by assaulting them and demolishing their rally facilities.

She said the government also made the situation worse by raising treason charges against the protesters. She said such a tough charge would drive more people to come out to join the rallies.

Rosana said the government would have to change its behaviors to try to tackle the crisis.

The Nation

Footnote: She has been on PAD's stage several time this week.

Natthawut blames PAD for problems

People Power Party MP Natthawut Saikua Sunday blamed the People's Alliance for Democracy for the on-going political crisis.

He said the PAD causes the problems by violating the laws.

He said the PAD's demands for the government not to amend the Constitution also contradicted its own demand to establish a new order of politics.

Natthawut said the PAD's seizure of the Government House and raids against several government offices also led to complaints of many people who wondered whether the country belonged to the PAD.

The Nation

Footnote: :o He is a co-founder of DADD.

Rosana is lucky she doesn't live in an advanced western democracy where such illegal acts of anarchy would be promptly put down by riot squads using all reasonable force including trungeons, tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons. She quite obviously has her own agenda.

She lives in a country where the army has massacred demonstrators in the streets on several previous occasions. *Nobody* wants to go there again.

Granted that nobody wants to see a military massacre of protesters. However that does not exclude the use of non-lethal reasonable force (as stated above and as commonly used in more advanced western democracies) to control illegal mobs breaking the law.

Ah yes, trungeons, tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons

ALL of which have killed and maimed people in the past.

But that's reasonable, n'est pas? {irony running wild.}

The underlying principle in crowd control is to use minimal force to get the job done. There will always be some risk involved in any use of force. People have died from having their teeth pulled also, but it doesn't mean the practice should be outlawed or banned. Minimal reasonable force to restore law and order is the underlying principle of law that is accepted in the courts of all advanced democracies. If people go onto the streets in an illegal manner with intent to commit a crime by taking control of other peoples property then they must know they take a certain risk of being removed by force. And a certain risk of injury or even death in a worst case.

Absolutely wrong !

Note to self, look up IQ of Dubya Bush...

Oops cain't find it.

Check Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney

Government threatens to fire 'sick' railway strikers

BangkokPost.com) - The Ministry of Transport plans to replace many hundreds of absent employees of the State Railway of Thailand (SRT), as their absence has greatly disrupted rail services across the country.

Many of the SRT staff, including conductors, engineers, technicians and train operators, have gone on strike to show their support for the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

Deputy Transport Minister Songsak Thongsri said the ministry will have to see how long the workers will go on strike. He said new employees would be hired to allow the rail operation to be restored soon.

The SRT is a state enterprise that continues to face profit loss, and its tax burdens fall on public members, Mr Songsak concluded.

Rosana says government worsens situation with tough police actions

Senator Rosana Tositrakul Sunday said the government has worsened the situation by having police take tough actions against the protesters Friday by assaulting them and demolishing their rally facilities.

She said the government also made the situation worse by raising treason charges against the protesters. She said such a tough charge would drive more people to come out to join the rallies.

Rosana said the government would have to change its behaviors to try to tackle the crisis.

The Nation

Footnote: She has been on PAD's stage several time this week.

Natthawut blames PAD for problems

People Power Party MP Natthawut Saikua Sunday blamed the People's Alliance for Democracy for the on-going political crisis.

He said the PAD causes the problems by violating the laws.

He said the PAD's demands for the government not to amend the Constitution also contradicted its own demand to establish a new order of politics.

Natthawut said the PAD's seizure of the Government House and raids against several government offices also led to complaints of many people who wondered whether the country belonged to the PAD.

The Nation

Footnote: :o He is a co-founder of DADD.

Ah, that explains a few things.

Except about him not being able to find a good tailor...

Dimwited Authoritarians Doing Dirtywork?

Daddy, who did you do at work today?

Something really bothers me. A number of people here question the intelligence of Mr. Samak. If he is so stupid and you are so smart, why is he Thailand PM and you are nobody ? Please explain

with absolutely no pleasure i explain that to you and other in-toxin-ated readers:

1. he may be intelligent (iq wise, i just don't know) but he is stupid enough to be the stirrup holder and puppet for tax-sin (or toxin).

2. you seem to fall into the same category, coz if you were 'smart' you would follow samaks puppetmaster and watch some football abroad, were it is so peaceful and you are save to travel without disobedient protesters and unions. but please don't stand in the wrong fan corner (for your own safety!)

3. if my name were 'pierrot' i would better rap sarkozy's nuckles than those of some poor thais who want to end corruption.

4. samak took only a few month to show his mainly evil intentions: amend the constitution, take toxin back, pardon him, lift his ban, unfreeze his billions..........nothing for thailand, all for the man who bought the uneducated masses with empty promises or with the money he stole from them

5. and finally just for your way of thinking: do you really believe, that 'intelligence' and greed and sheer power-hunger would make a good leader (like the 'great doubtless highly intelligent leaders' hitler, stalin, mao, gwb, marcos, saddam and so many others, who often started with support of the 'powers' and the masses until they've shown their true ugly mugs.

Friend of who ?

TIT !

Agree with you.

In an other country, you would have asked what his political affiliation is. In Thailand you ask who his friends are.

political affiliation is difficult if all the times parties merge, separate, get dissolved, get founded.....

How many parties were there in the last 25 years?

Absolutely wrong !

Note to self, look up IQ of Dubya Bush...

Oops cain't find it.

Check Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney

Oh you mean the anti-christ, yes,

well we always knew who wore the pants in that family.

Oh I see. You're being ironic. Nice one. :o

So, do you disagree? I don't think so.

Lets hear your rebuttal. :D

So you were serious. Sigh. Ok.

Yes, the so-called advanced western thingummies would and do respond to non-violent dissent with the full might and majesty of the modern police state.

So would and do several non-advanced non-western non-democratic regimes I can think of.

What was your point?

What I have found so rare and admirable here is the respect and humanity I have seen between the opponents across the divide, out there on the streets.

A thirsty policeman is first and foremost a thirsty man, and the protesters see that first and offer their water.

For their part, with rare exception, the boys in brown have shown remarkable restraint in dealing with the mob, and not employed their arsenal of crowd control instruments which you enumerated above.

There are certainly those on both sides who yearn for the shedding of blood, which would move the drama along to its next phase.

Are you sure that's what you want?

What a disappointment this must be for you.

Life anywhere is far from perfect.

No different here.

There's so much that could be done so much better.

But in this matter, I am surprised and delighted to see how far the non-violent approach can still get in this day and age.

I chose to live here some years ago, believing that there could be another way of living.

Khun Rosana is not the only lucky one.

Peace.