Heres Another One

issanpaul

Built a House some time ago in Buriram (well village outside of)

First Wife now deceased but still maintain contact and support son and Family,

2 Bedrooms........... Mama and Papa still sleep on Floor

Washing Machine......... Still wash by hand after cycle from machine finish

Western Style Toilet....... Papa still cr@ps in feild opposite

Nice shower unit...........There still use scoops

Dining Room area with table and chairs..........still eat on floor

There hound me for car (few years ago)I buy then discover ...........That there cant drive

Buy 2 nice fridges........ still keep unused food under them mini chicken coup things

Always buy bottled water......But there continue to replenish the containers back in fridge with crappy rainwater from outside

Install Air Con....... There still use electric fans

This List can go on and on W.T.F. i still love them :o:D:D

Maybe he's used to that feeling of being out in nature, not confined in a small cubicle. (Purely conjecture here.)

It sure is not a small confined cubicle though :o

Maybe it helps cut down on the need for fertilizer purchases.

Maybe he's used to that feeling of being out in nature, not confined in a small cubicle. (Purely conjecture here.)

It sure is not a small confined cubicle though :D

All very well but we dont own the feild opposite (at least i thinkl we dont ? :o )

It sure is not a small confined cubicle though :D

All very well but we dont own the feild opposite (at least i thinkl we dont ? :o )

Ah, now I understand, he is insulting the neighbours. That's OK then. We camped in a national park in the US a few weeks ago and I had to drop a deuce in the open, didn't feel very liberating actualy, I think I'll stick to the throne, luckily when I started visiting the in laws they had a sit down dunny installed next to their toilet, very considerate people.

When we were buying a new truck we all had to go and have a chat with the head monk to tell us what colour would be lucky, sat through an hour of ass numbing chanting and when we chatted to him he was asked what colour to buy, he replied "Up to you , the colour makes no difference". My kind of monk.

When we were buying a new truck we all had to go and have a chat with the head monk to tell us what colour would be lucky, sat through an hour of ass numbing chanting and when we chatted to him he was asked what colour to buy, he replied "Up to you , the colour makes no difference". My kind of monk.

Exactley Gymshark,Nothing makes sense :o:D:D

Some years ago in Ubon we passed tesco/lotus and I asked my wife if it was open.

She replied: yes open .................but not yet :o

Edited by bergen

My father-in-law is the one who always makes everyone laugh unknowingly most the time. On our last trip he had run out of shampoo and after having a shower came out yakking his wife about someone's shampoo he was using to make do as his own bottle had run out. He complained about no lather and why was he massaging his head with no bubbles for over five minutes with no luck at all. He was really serious at this point and went to get the bottle to show my mother-in-law. Out he comes from the bathroom waving a bottle around in a loud voice only to find all my family drop to the floor in histerics when they see what he had been using to wash his hair. Now I may be naive but I did not know that in Thailand they sell a womens product for washings their private parts and for some reason he had been using this wondering why he could not get any bubbles after rubbing his head vigurously. It was one of those moments where you see someone really embarrassed including my wife's older sister who had left her private shampoo in the cubicle earlier. Some very funny things do and can happen in Isaan to lighten the day.

My father-in-law is the one who always makes everyone laugh unknowingly most the time. On our last trip he had run out of shampoo and after having a shower came out yakking his wife about someone's shampoo he was using to make do as his own bottle had run out. He complained about no lather and why was he massaging his head with no bubbles for over five minutes with no luck at all. He was really serious at this point and went to get the bottle to show my mother-in-law. Out he comes from the bathroom waving a bottle around in a loud voice only to find all my family drop to the floor in histerics when they see what he had been using to wash his hair. Now I may be naive but I did not know that in Thailand they sell a womens product for washings their private parts and for some reason he had been using this wondering why he could not get any bubbles after rubbing his head vigurously. It was one of those moments where you see someone really embarrassed including my wife's older sister who had left her private shampoo in the cubicle earlier. Some very funny things do and can happen in Isaan to lighten the day.

:D:D Brilliant!

My f-in-l is not quite the same level of joker as yours, but he still makes me laugh occasionally. Like the time we took him to a hotel to see our daughter/his grand-daughter perform in a ballet up on the 5th floor. It was a bit like Crocodile Dundee going to New York for first time and discovering all these modern contraptions he'd never seen with his own two eyes. It transpired he'd never used a lift before and was fascinated with how by pushing a button and standing still we could effortlessly move up 5 floors. He kept talking about it like it was some kind of miracle and we humoured him as if it was.

As soon as we had our back turned, the old bugger was off playing in the lift like a 10 year old, going several times from the basement to the 6th floor and jumping out just to check he really had moved from point A to B without doing a thing. I think he still remembers that lift far more than the actual ballet, which he fell to sleep in the middle of -mouth wide open and snoring! :o

Some country folk came to see my family off at the airport once and brought a child along, from then on whenever she sees a plane she points and says "Farang". Also some relatives came to stay in the old condo I used to have near Don Muang and sat in chairs in the corridor watching the planes take off cos they had never seen them so close. I still cannot get my in laws to fly down to Bangkok, they prefer a 12 hour coach trip.

Ha Ha Plachon seems like he's a little like my Father-in-law. My Wife always in the nicest of ways calls him laos as he will often embaress the kids. On my sister-in-laws last trip over to UK he insisted in seeing her off at BKK airport and running up and down the window up stairs pointing at all the planes and explaining in a loud excited voice about what he was seeing. My wife's sister had to walk away as he was making a fool of himself unknown to him. I laugh out loud at some of his antics....

OK, I can relate to all of that, but crapping in the field????????????? <deleted>?

Perhaps he is training his dog,cow or Buffalo :D:D:D

Wow.I feel old and stupid.Probably I'm both.

But,did you ever try it?

I was toilet trained by the age of two,as most of the posters,I think.

This notwithstanding it's a feel-good experience.(to do it in the neighbor field add to the wellbeing. :o

Sorry for the crap! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Surin to visit the ex girlfriends family and had to do the obligatory shopping at the "mall". They lived out in the sticks. The GF's dad got all dressed up in his old army jacket for the trip to the store. He made it up the escalator alright. However, the GF had to ride back up the escalator to help him get on it for the downward journey. I just kept walking so as not let him know I saw. Face must be maintained. I still will not forget the look of sheer terror on his face at that moving stairway. He must have thought he was on Mars. Bless his heart.