Pattaya To Koh Chang?

joe552

The bus is a heck of a lot cheaper. The taxi ride was 500 each way in a 8 pass van. If you're in a hurry or want super frosty aircon a transport if you got time the bus is not that much longer- by the time your van gets you home or there you arrive an hour quicker (out of Pattaya) They always seem to stop at a local expensive dive to eat(sure they get some kickback)I am taking my bike next time- I am used to the road there already & prefer a little more horsepower to get up the hills.

Have fun!!!!

What are the pros and cons of going to Pattaya to Koh Chang by private transfer (at 4,600Bt) as opposed to public bus (cheaper but longer trip).

Thanks in advance for your input

I don't know if this is a general question for you but if you are looking to go from Pattaya to Koh Chang this or next week, we might share some expenses, as I happen to be driving there with my own car some day in the near future. This would be much cheaper than the private transfer you mentioned, and still qualit transfer, as my car is new nad comfortable. If you are interested; PM me.

Try to get there if you can by 11 am as your best places to stay will have vacancy till then. if you have to settle for less rebook a new place by 11 am next morning. Not sure if tourism is down this year or if the backpacker crowds are to affected by tourism rates going down.

Bus via Rayong suggests you take a bus from Pattaya which is going via Rayong (but I could be wrong). Only joking, thaiman!

Thanks for the info - I can't drive, so can't hire a car, the bus seems like a bit of a hassle (I'm told the Rayong bus doesn't come into Pattaya but you have to pick it up from Sukhumvit?)

Anyway, will probably opt for a share minibus when I get there in a couple of weeks

Rent a car. That way you can get around on Koh Chang as well.

TH

:o ..there's only one road, on the western side.....so why rent a car, driving up and down ? :D

But, to be honest, it's sometimes difficult to get a taxi at night, especially if it rains.... :D

LaoPo

If you're considering going back and getting a Bkk boss to Koh Chang then you can go to the airport at Bkk instead and the Koh Chang bus stops there, saves a bit of time of getting back into Ekamai, etc

I tried to make the same trip a while back, think I gave up and headed back to Bkk way and bused back out again, not a massive time waster