Asus Laptops

whooliggen

Hey,

I've got about 25,000 to spend on a new laptop and have heard good things about the Asus range. If anyone's got an user experience to share with these machines (good or bad), then it would be much appreciated.

Or am I heading down a blind alley with Asus? Any other recommendations for that money?

Ta.

:o

I had a full sized Asus laptop before, never had any trouble with it. My brother's ex bought it off me when I was going OS and I was selling stuf off, AFAIK it's still going strong.

I now have a EEE - the 4G black one.

Love it.

btw I've got lots of misc Asus bits in various desktops here too, as well as two 22" widescreen LCDs that are just lovely :o

ASUS bought in Thailand has an international warranty of 2 years.

They are built well, and I would put them as number 2 behind Lenovo. However, recently Lenovo only offers a 1 year warranty I have seen. Mighty strange.

I always suggest my customers to identify what they would be using most on the computer. I give you a hint, they are keyboard, mouse, and screen. :o

Make sure you are comfortable with all 3 and make critical judgments side by side. Take the one that feels and looks best to you.

Personally I like matte screens (glossy crap peeves you off when there is a bit of sun).

I would highly recommend Asus.

I concur.

I've always preferred ASUS motherboards in my PCs. Found them to be ultra reliable and good value for the money.

I just bought an ASUS X80L series laptop two months ago to replace a five year old Compaq laptop , and I'm 99.99% pleased with it. My 0.01% gripe is the trackpad, which works fine, but has a "rough" surface that feels kinda funny. I prefer an external mouse anyway, so this doesn't bother me too much.

I'm especially impressed by the audio input system. I'm a big user of Dragon voice recognition software, and the microphone / sound input work flawlessly and extremely quickly on this laptop. Waaaay better than my Pentium 4 3.0 desktop PC that has an expensive sound card.

I went shopping with an EEE PC on my mind, but Ms. Bino convinced me that the full-size laptop was more practical for a lot more things in my business. As usual, she was right. The price was decent, (21 KTHB) and the two year warranty (most other brands are only one year unless you stump up some extra THB's) made the decision easy.

The EEE PC's seem to keep getting better and better: larger screens, keyboards, hard drives, whilst getting cheaper and cheaper. I might just have to pick one up anyway........

I have been exclusively using Asus mobo's in built-to-order PC's for about 8 years and 3 years ago did my first Asus barebone laptop build, a 15" Centrino still going strong. I now have a dual-core U3 13" laptop as well as the Eee 8Gb. When working on client sites, I bring an Asus wireless AP so I can connect in more locations. The free ADSL modem that Maxnet gave me 2 years ago is also Asus branded.

They make good stuff!