Comments On Etihad?

girlx

Considering going to visit NY for a bit and the cheapest ticket I can find for October is on Etihad, with a stop in Abu Dhabi... does anyone know anything about this airline and whether they are good or not? Is it a hassle to change ticket dates with them if desired?

Edited by girlx

oh, dam_n, I meant ETIHAD! mods can you maybe change the post title?

Kuwait Airlines is cheap too if anyone has comments on them...

Edited by girlx

oh, dam_n, I meant ETIHAD! mods can you maybe change the post title?

Kuwait Airlines is cheap too if anyone has comments on them...

Emirates : flew them once, never again.

Kuwait : old planes, surly staff and DRY, no alcohol.

Etihad : Very, very good.

Qatar : Very, very good.

These are my experiences. I realize that there are lots of people that swear by Emirates, but I had an extremely bad experience at Dubai airport.

Abu Dhabi : small but efficient

Doha : Excellent.

To put everything in perspective I always fly business class.

Hope to have helped.

onzestan

Always fly Emiirates from UK - large hike in fares this year though for December anyway, the uk winter. Have to admit gradually

getting a bit mean with the drinks, I think one or two last time round.

I find them friendly and reasonable to deal with if you don't fall for some smaller fare where you're landed in Dubai for 8 hours before connection.

Change of ticket (return date and time) was 75 gbp last year.

The Emirates, nice and brand new planes.

Good service.

Western pilots.

Downside-1: many of their passengers emanate such a terrible body odor that aircon can not cope with it.

Downside-2: upon check in, many passengers have some issue that requires attention and delays.

They may be trying hard to be like Singapore Airlines (they are aiming to dislodge them) will remain a pie in the sky.

Took them once to HKG and back, no more.

I have been pricing flights back to USA recently and the best fares are all coming from Arab airlines, wonder if they are getting some sort of inside price on jet fuel.....

I have flown with Emirates and the planes were brand new and western staffed but many of the folks on board reaked to high he11 and that sorts of ruins any flight.

Considering going to visit NY for a bit and the cheapest ticket I can find for October is on Etihad, with a stop in Abu Dhabi... does anyone know anything about this airline and whether they are good or not? Is it a hassle to change ticket dates with them if desired?

Etihad are an excellent airlne, no complaints there.

But on one point you asked concerning changing dates. I had the cheapest business class seat last year for £1300 uk - bkk and wanted to change the return date at the cost of £200 which I was prepared to pay, but as the cheapest seats had been sold for the return flight they wanted me to upgrade my ticket by £600 first and then pay the £200 surcharge.

Excellent!!! And this is coming a cabin crew member of over 20 years who does not work for Etihad! Family and friends have come to visit me on Etihad the last couple of years and though they have some problems for the most part you get a quality product. Do 2 round trips as a frequent flyer member and you become silver which entitles you to lounge access in all ports when you fly them and an extra 10kg.

I flew them last year on an airline pass to europe and the only problem that I noticed that the crew were fairly young and not as experienced. Not old and bitter like the carrier I work for! LOL!

Excellent!!! And this is coming a cabin crew member of over 20 years who does not work for Etihad! Family and friends have come to visit me on Etihad the last couple of years and though they have some problems for the most part you get a quality product. Do 2 round trips as a frequent flyer member and you become silver which entitles you to lounge access in all ports when you fly them and an extra 10kg.

I flew them last year on an airline pass to europe and the only problem that I noticed that the crew were fairly young and not as experienced. Not old and bitter like the carrier I work for! LOL!

hi to all,

i think excellent also, and i got the trequent flyer silver card , before i mover to thailand i flew with them 3 times a year and had enough airmiles to get up graded twice which was spot on . also like flightcrew says you get frre access to all there v.i.p lounges ..

martyn.

Flown Heathrow to Bkk and Return a number of times with Etihad...No Problems Whatsoever......

and the best food I've had on economy with any airline!!

Edited by Tafia

Have been disappointed with Emirates last few times I flew them, because of the chaos at the Dubai airport with all the construction going on. Have missed connecting flights because of this...

I will try Etihad next time. Thanks for the heads up. :o

I changed dates twice with short notice in economy class with etihad and had no problem.

hi bassmaster ,

i need to change dates with etihad next week can you tell how much it cost to change yours please in british pounds or thai baht ???

thanks martyn .

p.s or ANY1 else who can help me . :o

I changed dates twice with short notice in economy class with etihad and had no problem.

hi bassmaster ,

i need to change dates with etihad next week can you tell how much it cost to change yours please in british pounds or thai baht ???

thanks martyn .

p.s or ANY1 else who can help me . :o

I'm pretty sure I paid 2,500 THB to change my flight last year.

I booked another flight with Etihad last night. It'll be my 4th time to fly the Dublin-Bangkok route. I highly recommend the airline.

Hi can't comment about other airlines,

have only used ETHIAD from UK 3 times in the last 18 months. No complaints whatsoever

Changed return flight each time cost £75 in may this year or Eqivalant baht

I think this is now £85 if you change it 24hrs before departure. change at last min will cost more.

Was £100 dont know now