Can Anyone Recommend A Good Dvd Player

apetley

Hi, have tried locally in Kanchanaburi but when I ask in the local tv stores if the DVD player they have on display will play my European discs I am just met with a blank look or 'don't know'.

Can anybody recommend a decent player, up to 6k bht'ish, that has multi region capability?

Thanks for reading, Andy.

Hi, have tried locally in Kanchanaburi but when I ask in the local tv stores if the DVD player they have on display will play my European discs I am just met with a blank look or 'don't know'.

Can anybody recommend a decent player, up to 6k bht'ish, that has multi region capability?

Thanks for reading, Andy.

Get any of the Phillips models available in Tesco Lotus. They don't always say so on the shelves, but the boxes are marked as something like "Maximum playability - you have it we'll play it". They play everything in my experience including .avi files, .mpg, etc and all for around 3,000 Baht depending on the model used.They also have a nice menu system, quick response to button presses and fast forward where you can skip through speeds without pauses. I'm glad i bought mine. Enjoy!

Be careful it's an all region player .... if its region 3 (Thailand) it won't play your region 2 dvds without modification (if possible at all).

BTW The 'Maximum playability - you have it we'll play it' does refer to being able to play most common formats (I bet it won't play 'mkv' for instance) and scratched discs, not to region compatibility.