Maxnet Problems

Thaihog

Anybody having problems with MaxSh*te server today. I haven't been able to get online since 6pm today. Phoned up the office in Kadsuankaew and the lady said that the server will be online tomorrow (usual bullsh*t reply). Is this problem city wide or just an isolated server? ps. I stay in the Kadsuankaew area.

I'm now getting by with a good old Loxinfo dial up service.

Cheers....

Mine is fine but lately have had a couple of periods of around 5 mins it goes down.

Seems to often drop connections which it never used to ie click on a link and it goes to can't find page and then refresh again and goes straight there. Never had this until 2 weeks ago. Speed OK though.

I'm in Tapae Gate area.

Found with Maxnet occasionally I have to restart the computer to get it to work (especially after being in standby), don't know why that is. Never have that problem with True.

The problem with Maxnet last night around 6pm (assuming we all had the same problem) was with their DNS server. The connection was still good but Names could not be resolved to IPs. A good work around to this is to add an Open DNS server as one of your DNS servers. This way if Maxnets servers fail to resolve The Opendns server will take over.

For instance, on my Linksys router I have places to add 3 DNS server. I leave the first two blank as they will get assigned Maxnets servers through DHCP and for the third one I add 208.67.222.222

This will also fix those instances where you get a could not be found error and have to refresh to get a page.

Edited by Lordfoul

Anybody having problems with MaxSh*te server today. I haven't been able to get online since 6pm today. Phoned up the office in Kadsuankaew and the lady said that the server will be online tomorrow (usual bullsh*t reply). Is this problem city wide or just an isolated server? ps. I stay in the Kadsuankaew area.

Cheers....

Same Sh*t overhere,

We are living in Phan (Chiang-Rai).

We having problems for more then two weeks already.

Before we had Indy 4 Mb. also problems with connection and speed.

At the office : ttt answer: you are running a internet cafe, you need @cafe = 5Mb. and than no problems. so okay give us @cafe 5Mb for +/- 3000 Thb.

Now one week later, Stil MANY times NO or SLOW internet ( 250 Kb. ). But sometimes it is okay , but the max. speed is about 4300 Mb.

Download speed to Europe in the beginning (first few days ) 460 Kb - 490 Kb. Very fine . last 2 days download speed to Europe +/- 200 Kb. ( Reduced again ???? ).

At the moment is my wife to the office from ttt for complaining.

Keep us informed.

Greetings easyman.

Edited by easyman

Cheers....

Same Sh*t overhere,

At the office : ttt answer: you are running a internet cafe, you need @cafe = 5Mb. and than no problems. so okay give us @cafe 5Mb for +/- 3000 Thb.

Now one week later, Stil MANY times NO or SLOW internet ( 250 Kb. ). But sometimes it is okay , but the max. speed is about 4300 Mb.

Download speed to Europe in the beginning (first few days ) 460 Kb - 490 Kb. Very fine . last 2 days download speed to Europe +/- 200 Kb. ( Reduced again ???? ).

Keep us informed.

Greetings easyman.

My wife just came back from the office ttt.

answer tt&t: Yes yesterday there was a problem. but at the moment it is okay again.

And what about the slow or no internet, answer: buy a second modem and replace it every 6 - 8 hours. that should solve the problem.

my oppinion: BULLSH*T.

At the days , when i was living in Europe my modem was always on 24 hr's a day 7 days a week and no problem. and here a modem most be replaced every 6 - 8 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

TT&T has a huge problem , and don't want to admit it.

Greetings easyman.

This won't make you feel any better but I have been getting full speed for my line 2Mb for the 3 months I have been with TTT and Most of the time I make full use of the bandwidth. I may just be lucky, I also had very good luck with CAT until TTT started screwing with the line to get the last holdouts to switch a few months ago.

Cheers....

Same Sh*t overhere,

Keep us informed.

Greetings easyman.

My wife just came back from the office ttt.

answer tt&t: Yes yesterday there was a problem. but at the moment it is okay again.

And what about the slow or no internet, answer: buy a second modem and replace it every 6 - 8 hours. that should solve the problem.

my oppinion: BULLSH*T.

At the days , when i was living in Europe my modem was always on 24 hr's a day 7 days a week and no problem. and here a modem most be replaced every 6 - 8 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

TT&T has a huge problem , and don't want to admit it.

Greetings easyman.

This won't make you feel any better but I have been getting full speed for my line 2Mb for the 3 months I have been with TTT and Most of the time I make full use of the bandwidth. I may just be lucky, I also had very good luck with CAT until TTT started screwing with the line to get the last holdouts to switch a few months ago.

Totally agree. I switched to TT&T Maxnet four months ago and the service has been first class, with only one brief period of 'downtime' during that period. Prior to that I had been using INET Dial Up.

My computer is on all day and I make extensive use of the continuous on line facility. I've also subscribed to of TT&T's offer of paying a year in advance for a 10% discount. That's a far better return in real terms than any bank will offer.

Bottom line is, you get what you pay for.

Those who pay the big bucks for the higher speeds have priority over the baht-pinchers. Not rocket science.

Things seem to have improved since the Olympics are over and that incredible demand has eased. I have no doubt that Thailand was more than willing to sell bandwidth to China.

opendns.com can set you up with a simple download and configuration but you/we are still at the mercy of overselling of services by whatever server you choose. Crab all you want but learn to live with it or pay the big money for the service you expect.

I have TOT ADSL and it is marginally okay but I also maintain a dialup account with INET for when TOT goes down so that I am never offline. This is Thailand...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MAXNET! We got maxnet 2 months ago and it was great at the stated / gauranteed 60% of service of 2 mb/ 2000kbps. Then as people have started buying into their service ( the internet cafe at end of our street), they are are splitting bandwidth between customers and thus we are getting 7Kbps, 7 I tell you!, during the day until 1am, when it comes back to 1.2 Mb.

After many calls, and many BS answers. The guy told me that the service is not for using international sites (anything outside Thailand) and that i may upgrade to next level if I want to use internet. Our dial up was getting 240Kbps for crying out loud!!!

Anyway, Will be cancelling what was a great connection for the first month.

• 3 weeks later...

We have had Maxnet for about two years, with their optimistically named "up to 4M" speed package. It works OK, except when it rains, when it goes down. The problem does not seem to be correlated with rain actually at our house, but presumably somewhere nearby. That is, it may be raining here, but it will work for a while, presumably until the rain gets to wherever. Conversely, it may stop here, and the rain arrives 20 mins later. The phone line is unaffected. Also, it comes back on approximately when the rain stops, so it is not because some connection gets damp---there is not time for it to dry out.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Any guesses what is causing it? By way of background, we live in the general area of Carrefour and Maxnet say we are about 800m from the nearest hub.

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers....

I've had Maxnet for about 5 months now, signed up with their 1Mbps promotion, but chose to go for the upgraded package (fewer shared connections) for about 1k baht/month. I am delighted with their service (Nong Hoi, T. Mahidol) I actually get closer to 2 Mbps and have been down only a couple of times that I can remember. I also still have TOT ADSL as backup, on their 500 baht a month package. TOT service is terrible, more down than up and not more than 220 Kbps. DTAC gprs is almost better than TOT, at least it always works when in a bind.

In my opinion, the upgraded packages are well worth it.

Best of luck,

Paul

Here's another mild suggestion.

Redundancy.

Yup, have at least 2, preferably 3 ISP's.

I have a free Maxnet ADSL connect in my apt bldg. We're on a LAN, so when some goofball on the 8th floor decides he just has to see that BoobTube video of the 2 Thai pop singers in a shower with an electrical appliance....whole bldg goes to 1990 dialup speed.

My backup is AIS 3G. Usually works decently, in the 60-180 kbps range. Even it cr_ps out sometimes.

Number 3 is my DTAC phone, with internet SIM and data cable. GPRS/Edge. Always works (knock on wood).

Total cost per month:

Bldg LAN- free

AIS 3G- about 200 B with tax (capped at 500 MB/month)

DTAC phone- about 170 B with tax (limited to 40 hours included GPRS/Edge)

Umm, that's about 400 B a month....and I'm always on.

Rethink this putting all your eggs in one basket deal, this is Thailand, after all.... :o

Here's another mild suggestion.

Redundancy.

Yup, have at least 2, preferably 3 ISP's.

I have a free Maxnet ADSL connect in my apt bldg. We're on a LAN, so when some goofball on the 8th floor decides he just has to see that BoobTube video of the 2 Thai pop singers in a shower with an electrical appliance....whole bldg goes to 1990 dialup speed.

My backup is AIS 3G. Usually works decently, in the 60-180 kbps range. Even it cr_ps out sometimes.

Number 3 is my DTAC phone, with internet SIM and data cable. GPRS/Edge. Always works (knock on wood).

Total cost per month:

Bldg LAN- free

AIS 3G- about 200 B with tax (capped at 500 MB/month)

DTAC phone- about 170 B with tax (limited to 40 hours included GPRS/Edge)

Umm, that's about 400 B a month....and I'm always on.

Rethink this putting all your eggs in one basket deal, this is Thailand, after all.... :o

This "AIS 3G", is that the same kind of thing as GPRS?EDGE, or is it something completely different ? And what kind of speed do you get with "AIS 3 G" ?

Cheers....

At least they didn't tell you it was down to your router! I find getting past the goons to third-line support is the only way to get any sense out of them.

TTT Maxnet is so so, although improved over the last couple years, but TOT are :o:D

I'm out by the Mae Jo Road and my Maxnet service has been sh*t for the last three weeks or more. Very slow speeds, pages not completely loading, time-outs, or the Internet going down completely for periods of 3 minutes to as long as an hour. Time of day or night does not matter. Rain or not.

Calling the help center results in the same two or three ridiculous recommendations every time: 1. "Turn off the modem/router for 30 minutes." 2. "Bring the modem/router to the TTT Office that you got it from so we can test it." And once I got 3. "Get a 2nd modem as a back-up." What a joke.

Does anybody actually believe the line about turning off the modem/router for 30 minutes several times per day will actually cure the problem? I have heard others been told the same thing.

If a router/modem loses its "handshake" with the ISP server, should take a simple power down, and 1 minute later power up to re-establish the connection. Not 30 minutes, that's bullsh_t.

xwteee, AIS 3G is HSDPA on the 900 MHz band. It is not true "3G" (the international standard is 2100 MHz) but it works.

Do you own a laptop? Or a PC with USB 2.0 ports? And do you live basically in Muang Chiang Mai (centre city)? If so, this could possibly work for you.

Go to the main AIS office on Tapae Road for more info, coverage map, terms and conditions, etc.

As I mentioned, it is one of three ISP connections that I maintain. For about 200 B a month, it serves its purpose.

If a router/modem loses its "handshake" with the ISP server, should take a simple power down, and 1 minute later power up to re-establish the connection. Not 30 minutes, that's bullsh_t.

xwteee, AIS 3G is HSDPA on the 900 MHz band. It is not true "3G" (the international standard is 2100 MHz) but it works.

Do you own a laptop? Or a PC with USB 2.0 ports? And do you live basically in Muang Chiang Mai (centre city)? If so, this could possibly work for you.

Go to the main AIS office on Tapae Road for more info, coverage map, terms and conditions, etc.

As I mentioned, it is one of three ISP connections that I maintain. For about 200 B a month, it serves its purpose.

I made a phone call to AIS and they mentioned a very high speed. Is it a fact that the speed of AIS 3 G is much higher than GPRS/EDGE, which I also have in combination with a DTAC package ?

Edited by xwteee

I have been using Maxnet since it first started, and signed up at 590 baht a month. They upgraded that to 1 Meg and more recently 2 Meg for the same cost. I have had the odd collapse of their server, but on the whole, I don't get any problems. Yes the speed does vary, but as I write I seem to have a fairly speedy connection....

post-7622-1225439125_thumb.jpg

I have been using Maxnet since it first started, and signed up at 590 baht a month. They upgraded that to 1 Meg and more recently 2 Meg for the same cost. I have had the odd collapse of their server, but on the whole, I don't get any problems. Yes the speed does vary, but as I write I seem to have a fairly speedy connection....

Try a site hosted in the West like Bandwidth Place for a speed test , MJM.

It's up and down at the moment but the consistency and latency, even with Premier, is fuking pants right now. If you're listening TT&T, sort your shit out or I'm off. :o

My maxnet has been bad for about a week; ever since the TT&T man fiddled with wires out on the street :o

I called them twice now; after a couple of more calls and they normally get so fed up with me they will do something to make it improve :D

My maxnet has been bad for about a week; ever since the TT&T man fiddled with wires out on the street :o

I called them twice now; after a couple of more calls and they normally get so fed up with me they will do something to make it improve :D

As predicted after a couple of my phonecalls they fixed it and I now get 3.5Mb (although I am only paying for 2Mb). Upload only around 400 but that's about usual.

I asked him what he did and he said reset the link. Must have worked.