Tropical Birds..

medicinebox

Can anyone recommend a tropical bird for my kitchen. Im sick of coming home to an empty house. I want one that sings sweetly and dosen't squawk, and shut's up when I put my bag over it.

One that dosen't make too much mess either. Would they be happier if I had 2 or 3 birds together, or one on it's own? Also if it slips out of the box occasionally, should I let it fly all over?

A Thai bird would be nice, but if that's not possible what are the other types of tropical bird that are good to have in the house?

thanks in advance..

Not sure if it counts as tropical but an Australian cocky(umm , crestedCockatoo something.. the white ones) makes a great bird. pretty sure i have seen them in the kingdom. Unfortuantly they love to squawk but also talk non stop and u can have great fun teaching them bad words . Great characters who are as entertaining as a dog or cat. Apart from that, lovebirds, canaries, budgies or if u are brave a peacock :o

Can anyone recommend a tropical bird for my kitchen. Im sick of coming home to an empty house. I want one that sings sweetly and dosen't squawk, and shut's up when I put my bag over it.

One that dosen't make too much mess either. Would they be happier if I had 2 or 3 birds together, or one on it's own? Also if it slips out of the box occasionally, should I let it fly all over?

A Thai bird would be nice, but if that's not possible what are the other types of tropical bird that are good to have in the house?

thanks in advance..

Yo Medicinebox,

What cuisine do you prefer?

As for the bag on the head it depends how ugly she is!

Two or three together is asking for trouble, bound to end in an ugly mess, probably with you smeared all over the carpet.

I'd stick with a Thai bird, but I'm told Philippino ladies are pretty good around the house too!

:o

:o Ok, tounge in cheek.. :D

But seriously, want a cage bird for my house. It just feels empty. My mother had a cock-o-too before but it was nasty and just tried to bite every one. And the screech it made raised stress levels through the roof.

I remember staying in Nooch apartments (i think) in south Pattaya and they had cage birds down below. The atmosphere was fantastic with the bird noises in the back ground. So relaxing. But I didn't ask what they were.

I wondered if they were native Thai birds, that would be great to have in my home.

Also I think they would be happier if there was more than one of them.

Any bird keepers out there?

Sorry if I trashed your thread a little.

I got a little pissed last night, the local pub is selling some wicked Belgium bier blanche about 6.5%, and I had a couple too many.

As for tropical birds of the feathered kind I confess to not having much of a clue, I always feel sorry for the little caged songbirds hanging outside shophouses.

:o

thanks in advance..

And when you have finished putting your "bag" on the bird, whatever that means, but I am sure that the RSPB will be interested to find out, maybe you can visit a prison to marvel at them through the bars...Tell you what you buy a big cage put it in the garden sit in it and watch the birds from there, or just buy a new bbq chicken every night and watch that instead :o

And when you have finished putting your "bag" on the bird, whatever that means, but I am sure that the RSPB will be interested to find out, maybe you can visit a prison to marvel at them through the bars...Tell you what you buy a big cage put it in the garden sit in it and watch the birds from there, or just buy a new bbq chicken every night and watch that instead :o

So I will go to prison for putting a cage bag over the cage while the bird sleeps? :D

What the fuc.k are you on about mate? :D

Do yourself a favour, go and get a soapy massage... :D

MB,

I have a Sun Conure from South America, it's a mini macaw and very affectionate, a bit noisy so i wheel him outside to sqwark at the local birds.

They are only a foot high and not destructive like cockies or as noisy.

Cost 5000b at Chatuchuk, now worth 15000, within a year, yes. they apreciate with age! :o

The girls love him and when let out in the room, he loves to perch on their head.

There are a lot of choices at JJ.

Never buy a mynah bird, they are nothing but a shitfactory and hard to look after.

In a humid climate like in LoS, Sun Conures love to be hand sprayed with cool water, twice a day, see the pix at sunconure.com

Email me if you need more info.

Golden Conures pix

My bird has more colors, red, green and yellow.

Sun Conures here: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&q=%22conure%22

and http://www.sunconure.com/photos.html

Edited by udon