The Koi Carp Co. Ltd.

poppysdad

Hi, anyone know anything about, been there or indeed it's whereabouts. I saw a poster for the place today and apparently it's in Soi 126 but earlier today we went up and around every stretch of road in the 126 area and found nothing at all. Supposedly its run by a German national who imports all equipment from there and very expensive too, but as we have a pond we were curious to see what he might have.

Hi, anyone know anything about, been there or indeed it's whereabouts. I saw a poster for the place today and apparently it's in Soi 126 but earlier today we went up and around every stretch of road in the 126 area and found nothing at all. Supposedly its run by a German national who imports all equipment from there and very expensive too, but as we have a pond we were curious to see what he might have.

I haven't heard of this but I am very interested too and will see if I can find it. I have a Koi pond and have to go to Bangkok for good quality pumps, UV bulbs, and other supplies.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and a friend who both have Koi ponds went to look for the place yesterday. We spent an hour driving around up and down all three branches of Soi 126 to the end development of each one and didn't find anything. I forgot to take the phone number with me but I thought surely there would be a sign. There is not.

I spoke to Peter, the owner, on the phone this morning and it sounded like the shop is at a house inside a development. It is there and he says he has fish and the necessary equipment to create and maintain a pond so I'll try to find it again, this time with his phone number in hand.

In the meantime, Peter, if you read this you should put up a sign at least at the driveway on Soi 126 where one needs to turn into the development and in front of your home or business (and also on Petchkasem road and at the branching of Soi 126 pointing which branch to take).

If anyone else needs to go there, be sure and take Peter's phone number with you and when you drive up Soi 126, he said to take the left branch. At that point I would call him and let him meet you or direct you the rest of the way.

For anyone building a pond, you should go see him. He says he has pumps from Germany and the biggest problem I've had with my pond is the crumby Thai and Chinese pumps that is about all you can find here. I found one Australian one in Bangkok and it is much better but I'm sure a German engineered pump would be outstanding. :o

Hi HHFarang.

Sounds like you did the same as us, we searched every nook and cranny and found nothing. I'm normally an optimist, but concerns me a little that someone should go to the trouble and expense of having big glossy posters printed but then not even have a sign outside the premises albeit by the sound of things working from his own back garden.

Hopefully he has some stock and not just a catalogue of which he'll order from. The person who mentioned him to me in the first place had a quote for building a carp pond and he turned it down as apparently he could have had a swimming pool built cheaper. Look forward to hear of your visit.