My Ttt Speeds Are 1/4th Of Usual

Jimmyd

Thaivisa is also extremely slow. I called True and they just sent me to this national speed test and told me they don't gurantee international bandwidth but offer 128kbs lines with 90% speed gurantee for 4000 THB a month. We are living in the stone age here...

Some websites work others don't. I wouldn't say all US sites are fine. I have servers in the US and even downloading my email has become a problem.

Thaivisa is also extremely slow. I called True and they just sent me to this national speed test and told me they don't gurantee international bandwidth but offer 128kbs lines with 90% speed gurantee for 4000 THB a month. We are living in the stone age here...

Some websites work others don't. I wouldn't say all US sites are fine. I have servers in the US and even downloading my email has become a problem.

TT&T in Chiang mai and also really slow the last few weeks.

It comes and goes but is now more gone with hours and hours of slow speeds with the occasional spike back to what it should be before going back to slow again.

I suppose the government has other priorities right now rather than making sure Thailand has a functioning communications infrastructure

we've got a total of 18 mbps with TT&T Maxnet business package (82,000THB) and 6 mbps with CAT (don't remember price) connected to some equipment that load balances all that.

315897597.png

Edited by kudroz

Here in Chok Chai, my TT&T service has been garbage to two weeks...line up/line down...maybe stays up for two minutes, maybe 10 minutes, maybe 1/2 hour, usually about 5 minutes up. Then line down, and it comes back with the address of my modem on a completely different IP network. Hmmmmmm....

And usually degraded performance as well during this time.

Today, right after noontime, I noticed that it was staying up longer. I have been monitoring it via the GUI into the modem/router, it has been up for 4 hours 36 minutes, and working at normal speed, as it was before.

They must have found something in their network...

True internet has been painfully slow. It's been this way for at least 4-5 days now. I wonder if the protesters have something to do with it? Pretty sh*t service so I won't even bother to call them. I'm already on the cheapest package so we'll see what happens. I'm literally getting dial up speeds.

I haven't been able to log on to a website in the US which enables me to monitor operations on an offshore drilling rig from my home since Saturday. Called True 7 times but either they don't reply or they offer unhelpful information.

I have asked True to double my speed to 4 mb and upgaded my wireless router to a Belkin N1 modem/router but True are taking 3 days to increase the connection speed.