Ninja 250 Vs Cbr 150

bobbin

As LivinLOS stated, it's water resistant. Rbberized all the way around. All connectors are tucked up and out of the way.

I checked with ESRI Thailand who is also the provider of the most accurate maps over Thailand, they do it all for the Gov't and they supply the Zumo 550 including maps and free lifetime update on Thai maps for 41.100,- Baht including VAT. Expensive... Yes absolutely I am still considering it, anyway it is waterproof down to 1 meter for 30 minutes, and comes with the MC and Car mounting kit. It is very very very nice and I would love it, but I burnt enough on bike for a while, so its now my list for Christmas gift from Santa Claus... You can contact ESRI as per description in attached file.

Happy riding everyone. :o

That's exactly where I bought the Thai maps. However, I brought my GPS in to Thailand and saved approximately 10 000 THB.

I simply took the GPS to the shop, they got the numbers off of it and told me to return the following Monday. When I told them I was going to be up in Nakhon Sawan they said they'd EMS the disc. I don't remember if that cost anything, but the disk arrived later in the week.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note for those of us who bought the bikes from Rama 9 on the day they were released - your licence plates and green books should be available now, I picked mine up today...

They're so professional in that place, nothing like other dealerships I've experienced in LOS - a really pleasant surprise.

Edit - oops meant to post this in the other Ninja thread!

Edited by JonnyF

I checked with ESRI Thailand who is also the provider of the most accurate maps over Thailand, they do it all for the Gov't and they supply the Zumo 550 including maps and free lifetime update on Thai maps for 41.100,- Baht including VAT. Expensive...

Goodness! 41,100 in Thailand?! I can get one on eBay:

2702732262588080_1.jpg<h3 class="ens fontnormal">GARMIN ZUMO 550 RUGED MOTORCYCLE GPS NAVIGATOR NEW</h3>s.gif $16 GROUND SHIPPING!! $32.75 NEXT DAY AIR!!

$681.75

bin_15x54.gif4d 02h 00m$16.00 270273226258

That's about half the Thai price and I've got a friend coming later this month who can carry it for me...

(Actually, I think I'm leaning towards the Garmin 60CSx because of the long battery life and portability, but I haven't made a final decision just yet)

2302887953498080_1.jpg<h3 class="ens fontnormal">Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS NOH + 2GB MicroSD + Carry Case</h3>s.gif FREE SHIPPING * WE SHIP WORLDWIDE * 1 YR WARRANTY

$299.99

bin_15x54.gif1d 02h 46mFree230288795349

Decisions decisions :o

Ride on!

I checked with ESRI Thailand who is also the provider of the most accurate maps over Thailand, they do it all for the Gov't and they supply the Zumo 550 including maps and free lifetime update on Thai maps for 41.100,- Baht including VAT. Expensive...

Goodness! 41,100 in Thailand?! I can get one on eBay:

2702732262588080_1.jpg<h3 class="ens fontnormal">GARMIN ZUMO 550 RUGED MOTORCYCLE GPS NAVIGATOR NEW</h3>s.gif $16 GROUND SHIPPING!! $32.75 NEXT DAY AIR!!

$681.75

bin_15x54.gif4d 02h 00m$16.00 270273226258

That's about half the Thai price and I've got a friend coming later this month who can carry it for me...

(Actually, I think I'm leaning towards the Garmin 60CSx because of the long battery life and portability, but I haven't made a final decision just yet)

2302887953498080_1.jpg<h3 class="ens fontnormal">Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS NOH + 2GB MicroSD + Carry Case</h3>s.gif FREE SHIPPING * WE SHIP WORLDWIDE * 1 YR WARRANTY

$299.99

bin_15x54.gif1d 02h 46mFree230288795349

Decisions decisions :o

Ride on!

I was considering the same, however I tried out this one for a change, a Garmin Nuvi with bluetooth and ESRI maps my buddy bought for 12.900 Baht, no it's no waterproof but I put it in a zip bag and secured the zip on the backside of the GPS with tape. Worked great in the rain as well, and using my bluetooth headset I heard the instructions clearly. I never looked on the screen since I was concentrated on driving into a maze of roads, and the Nuvi did fine for me. I monkey rigged the GPS and no problems with that, might go for a KAMAZ NAV 350 which has built in FM transmitter which is even easier to set up for a Bike, can even share with other riders nearby... It also includes a 3d map ESRI again which if you have to look at it is extremely easy to follow, priced at 14,500 baht but you might get it cheaper around, haven't looked into it that much yet. So when I thought of it, it makes sense to me, so what if someone steals it, for 12 - 14k baht it's not the end of the day. But 600$ + maps and so on is a real pain to loose. A nice monkey rig is all you need (2 off stainless hose clamps, a car mount used with the clamps and if risk of rain a zip lock bag over taped tight). Biker friendly seems to be very expensive, I can get a Garmin for airplane, boat and car handheld for the 600+ $ which should be more than adequate. I like the Nuvi or the NAV 350 though cheap and functional enough for me. Good to use in the car as well :D

Well, I've finally seen the Ninja 250! :o Went into the Mityon shop at the corner of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai (South).

I have to say that it looks good! Climbed on and settled. With the wide tank and the lower fairing flaring out a bit, it looks/feels like a bigger bike than the Cbr 150.

I liked the black colour but probably would not choose it due to the upkeep to have it shiny all the time. The green colour did not work for me at all. They did not have a red one in the showroom but I think that would be my choice.

But I'm still upset with the price. Too expensive for the upgrade from the Honda. Would still have to say that for a buyer comparing the two machines who does not have an open-ended budget, the Cb5 150 is a smokin' deal. A new pocket sportbike with a fair bit of pep and approximately Baht 90,000 still left in the pocket is the way to go.

However, I'll keep an eye out for someone renting them and happily pay Baht 1000 for a couple of days of fun on the Ninja!

• 1 year later...

From where i come from.. 400cc is the minimum allowable entry for bikes in the freeway.

The Ninja 250 is a good bike. Ofcurse it's a lot more expensive -with features & power ofcourse come 'price'.. but from where i come from, it's not as saleable as the CBR150 since for a lot less, and the same price as a brandnew CBR150 ..you'd be able to get a 2nd hand 400cc bike that still has quite decent wear & tear.

Personally i wont enjoy a faster bike than the CBR150 if it were not in the freeways. If i were to go a bit more biggie, a brandnew ER6 or Gladius (SV650) would be a start ^^